Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
This is still very interesting to me because Delta/Amex has to know this would get out.
It's not a secret, it's just targeted.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by TheHorta
So, basically I miss-out on 25K MQMs (15K DLAXR + 10K DLAXP) -- which I'd like, of course, but they would only add to the 400K I already have, and since the third-boost MQMs apparently are NOT able to be gifted it really doesn't "harm" me in any quantifiable sense. If I were just scraping by on qualifying I might make a stink, but I'm certainly not going to bother wasting valuable time chasing something of relative little value to me.

So, it's yet another cut in my continuing "Death by a thousand cuts" Delta saga.
I don't think you should really think of yourself as "missing out". You could just as well say you're missing out on an offer to get 100k MQMs for $20 in spend since Amex *could* make that offer to you but they didn't.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
I don't think you should really think of yourself as "missing out". You could just as well say you're missing out on an offer to get 100k MQMs for $20 in spend since Amex *could* make that offer to you but they didn't.
I feel like in this case it is missing out. It created another tier of spend on a card. It isn't a pop up offer spend X at Best Buy and get Y.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
I feel like in this case it is missing out. It created another tier of spend on a card. It isn't a pop up offer spend X at Best Buy and get Y.
And in this case if you click on the link it says you are eligible. That is what really has been pissed off.

There is an offer going on right now with the Hilton Am Ex where you get something like 10K hilton points if you spend $250 in grocery stores on your Hilton Am Ex. There's also one with Amazon and Hilton Am Ex. I clicked on both links. Was told I was eligible for the Amazon promo and said I wasn't eligible for the grocery store promo. Not upset about the grocery store promo since they told me up front it was targeted and I wasn't eligible. If the link would have told me I wasn't eligble for the 10K bonus MQM's I wouldn't be upset. I wasted around $12K in spend for a lousy 12K in skypesos that would have offered me a much better return on another credit card.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:14 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And in this case if you click on the link it says you are eligible. That is what really has been pissed off.
wait, what link did you click on? One that was sent to YOU or one that was sent to someone else?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:43 pm

I have a personal platinum skymiles card, got the email earlier this year when everyone else did.

​​I called and verified earlier in the year that I was eligible for the promo. Twice in fact because I inquired how it would post, after Bill close or when spending was hit, was told after Bill close and that it was in my account and noted.

Fast forward to now, I hit the 75k threshold, Bill closed, no bonus. Called Amex, now they don't see the offer, there are no notes, and they have opened a ticket, but are requiring me to produce a copy of the email. Because the yahoo mail app sometimes randomly deletes emails, I cannot find it. Anyone had any luck getting the bonus without producing the email?

I asked if they could cross check my email against the list and they said they have no way to do that. It seems strange that they have no record of who got the email and that they somehow can no longer see notes that prior reps have confirmed seeing in the past.

Pretty upset but hoping someone on here has had a success story with pointers on how to get them to honor it.
​​​​​​
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bergamini
Did anyone targeted for the 3rd MQM Boost get theirs early? As in before they qualified? I have a Delta Platinum Amex and received the promo in March, hit my first bonus May, second bonus in September and received a reminder about the third shortly after that. I just received the third but my records, Delta's SM spend tracker and my last Amex statement + new transactions all = $66.5K, so well short of the $75K required for the 3rd Plat boost. My statement closes on the 25th and my MQM's reliably post on the 27th but these posted on the 10th. My airfare is booked through EOY and I prefer to put my hotels on my Chase Ritz Visa if possible so I'd like to stop using it if this is going to stick. I'd also like to change paying my property taxes from Plastiq next month to the regular method to avoid those fees. Any thoughts on this? Or should I keep going to make sure I get and keep it?
They still haven't pulled the 3rd bonus and I'm at $69K and it's 50/50 if I'll make it to the $75K allegedly required for the extra bonus by the EOY. I plan to switch to Reserve after 1/1 only because I know I can meet $60K next year and want the 30K MQM because I will have roll-over this year and ideally can get DM with my normal flights, the 30K MQM for Reserve spend and no MR's next year.

With that said, I am making sure I have enough cushion on my DM qualification that if I don't hit $75K and they do pull it, I'll still have > 125K MQM.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
I just received my offer today, seems late in the year to be getting the offer.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HLT1904
I just received my offer today, seems late in the year to be getting the offer.
Is it for this year or next year?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it for this year or next year?
I would like to see that! AFAIK all the invitations were sent out by last March according to every agent at AmEx that I have spoken to.

Last edited by audidudi; Dec 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

There is an offer going on right now with the Hilton Am Ex where you get something like 10K hilton points if you spend $250 in grocery stores on your Hilton Am Ex. There's also one with Amazon and Hilton Am Ex. I clicked on both links. Was told I was eligible for the Amazon promo and said I wasn't eligible for the grocery store promo. Not upset about the grocery store promo since they told me up front it was targeted and I wasn't eligible. If the link would have told me I wasn't eligble for the 10K bonus MQM's I wouldn't be upset. I wasted around $12K in spend for a lousy 12K in skypesos that would have offered me a much better return on another credit card.
Yah but I mean this in another vein. The spend X at Hilton and get Y. Or Spend X at Amazon and get Y in return are targeted offers that net some result. NONE of those are advertised as benefits of the card itself. 30K and 60K spend with a known results/bonus is a benefit of the card itself. They created a third tier that extends benefits that the card owner should be getting but can't because they are 'not eligible'. I don't get upset that I don't get every single targeted offer. I However am upset that I could be getting bonus MQMs/RDMs as a benefit that exist at lower tiers to all those that have the card.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Have the Delta Reserve card and usually charge something over 60K. Don't intentionally stop,but that's about what charges have run. Not Diamond, but presumably got the email to encourage spending over 90K. Wife is in similar situation, but did not get the email.

Not typical situation, but my wife and I almost always fly together (usually one solo each a year) so we have started having one qualify at Platinum and one at Silver and then switch for the following year (being sure to put award tickets on the account that will be Platinum at time of flight. I am Platinum this year and so I have given my first two boosts to my wife and calculated to stay at Silver.

We had more taxes to pay, etc. so I decided I might as well hit the 90K. Well on 12/18 my spending past 90K. I was just checking my account and found that on 12/21 I received the 15K points and the 15K MQM. I have gone back and read all the posts since I had stopped after the original discussions. Those who received the boost also had it credited without being able to gift.

I want to be able to gift to my wife and was wondering if anybody else had wanted to gift and called to see if they could do it. In fact, I would rather not have the boost at all if I couldn't gift (of course I want to keep the 15K miles). At this point I will have less rollover than expected and the Gold instead of Silver doesn't really do me any good. Yes, I will earn more miles on each flight, but I'm not sure what that will come to.

Anyone call to try and gift the MQMs?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Skymiles
I called AmEx and they confirmed the 15k MQM bonus for $90,000 spend. I have not seen the miles post to my SM acct yet but I’m thinking that will happen at the end of the billing cycle.
I never recieved an email or other communication about this bonus, I only learned of it on the forums. AmEx confirmed to me that no notification was necessary and that all Reserve members are eligible. It would have been nice to have known earlier, my spend would not have changed but I did make a milage run that would have been unnecessary.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Chubbahill
I only learned of it on the forums. AmEx confirmed to me that no notification was necessary and that all Reserve members are eligible.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. Most here, including myself, report that those who have NOT received the email did NOT get the third boost, and that AX has been telling us (myself included) that only those “targeted” were eligible to receive either of the boosts.

I passed the $90K on my personal Reserve and $75K on my personal Platinum back in June and got... zip!

When I called I was told that I was not eligible, since I did not personally receive the offer. When I mentioned that I was on target to exceed $1MM in combined AX spend for 2018 the rep thanked me, told me how special I was, and that I could go pound sand because I wouldn’t be getting another MQM from AX until 2019.

Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by TheHorta

Pretty sure this is incorrect. Most here, including myself, report that those who have NOT received the email did NOT get the third boost, and that AX has been telling us (myself included) that only those “targeted” were eligible to receive either of the boosts.

I passed the $90K on my personal Reserve and $75K on my personal Platinum back in June and got... zip!

When I called I was told that I was not eligible, since I did not personally receive the offer. When I mentioned that I was on target to exceed $1MM in combined AX spend for 2018 the rep thanked me, told me how special I was, and that I could go pound sand because I wouldn’t be getting another MQM from AX until 2019.

Best I can offer is an update when the bonus posts (hopefully) to my acct. I can only base my belief that it will happen on the telephone conversation I had w the AmEx rep when I called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.