FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:32 pm
dinanm3atl

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And in this case if you click on the link it says you are eligible. That is what really has been pissed off.

There is an offer going on right now with the Hilton Am Ex where you get something like 10K hilton points if you spend $250 in grocery stores on your Hilton Am Ex. There's also one with Amazon and Hilton Am Ex. I clicked on both links. Was told I was eligible for the Amazon promo and said I wasn't eligible for the grocery store promo. Not upset about the grocery store promo since they told me up front it was targeted and I wasn't eligible. If the link would have told me I wasn't eligble for the 10K bonus MQM's I wouldn't be upset. I wasted around $12K in spend for a lousy 12K in skypesos that would have offered me a much better return on another credit card.
Yah but I mean this in another vein. The spend X at Hilton and get Y. Or Spend X at Amazon and get Y in return are targeted offers that net some result. NONE of those are advertised as benefits of the card itself. 30K and 60K spend with a known results/bonus is a benefit of the card itself. They created a third tier that extends benefits that the card owner should be getting but can't because they are 'not eligible'. I don't get upset that I don't get every single targeted offer. I However am upset that I could be getting bonus MQMs/RDMs as a benefit that exist at lower tiers to all those that have the card.