Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
IIRC there was an incident a few years (without the third boss promo) where a lot of people got an unexpected extra boost -- and there was speculation or a report that a batch job accidentally got run a second time or something like that. On my phone now, will try to dig up some thread pointer later unless someone beats me to it.

Anyway I wonder if that happened again (we'd probably need a few more data points first).

My recollection is that they subsequently reversed the "bonus".
Yeah - I remember that mistake. It was looking like a really fast requal year for a period of time there, and then it was corrected.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Found it:

Account weirdness today

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Some Members may have noticed Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) were inadvertently added to their account over the weekend. This was done by mistake when a promotion was loaded incorrectly into our system. Those impacted accounts will soon reflect the accurate MQMs balance and Medallion Status.

If you have any questions or concerns about your account, please contact Delta at 1-800-455-2720.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.
They did eventually reverse things, including clawing back some (but I think not all) Choice Benefits which some people claimed during the "bonus" period (don't feel the need to rehash that part of the thread here)
bergamini likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
Found it:

Account weirdness today

They did eventually reverse things, including clawing back some (but I think not all) Choice Benefits which some people claimed during the "bonus" period (don't feel the need to rehash that part of the thread here)
I will definitely make sure I meet the spend requirements! And post here if/when they reverse them. Only data point intersection is that we were both roughly the same amt short since nkedge had Reserve and I'm Plat and our actual spend levels were entirely different. Not sure if nkedge posted on 11/10 like mine or not tho.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bergamini
I will definitely make sure I meet the spend requirements! And post here if/when they reverse them. Only data point intersection is that we were both roughly the same amt short since nkedge had Reserve and I'm Plat and our actual spend levels were entirely different. Not sure if nkedge posted on 11/10 like mine or not tho.
Mine posted on 8/31, which was when I was about 8-9k short. I actually met the 90k spend requirement around 9/20. And just to be clear, I was targeted for the 3rd bonus earlier in the calendar year.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nkedge
Mine posted on 8/31, which was when I was about 8-9k short. I actually met the 90k spend requirement around 9/20. And just to be clear, I was targeted for the 3rd bonus earlier in the calendar year.
Lucky!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
I just crossed the 90k spend threshold on my Reserve card. Called Amex to ask about the bonus posting. The rep confirmed I am enrolled but said it will take 8-10 weeks. He did not know if they would retroactively count to this years status.

Anybody know the answer to that? Seems like the third boost has been posting sooner for most people, but it's been two weeks and nothing yet.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rraskopf
I just crossed the 90k spend threshold on my Reserve card. Called Amex to ask about the bonus posting. The rep confirmed I am enrolled but said it will take 8-10 weeks. He did not know if they would retroactively count to this years status.

Anybody know the answer to that? Seems like the third boost has been posting sooner for most people, but it's been two weeks and nothing yet.
Has your statement closed since you treated it? For the first two, your statement needs to close for them to post.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I can confirm I was one of the people whose account was affected in May 2017. Was Diamond for 48 hours. Selected choice benefits, including GUCs and $200 voucher. Booked flights to PMI via BCN for me and the Mrs in D1 using GUCs for October. IMO it was a stealth marketing campaign. I could have made Diamond for couple of years previously. Always opted to stay PM and rollover. Now I am 2 years DM and plan on keeping it for a few more years.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Over $130K on my personal AX Reserve and no third boost. Over $100K on my personal DLAX Platinum and no third boost.

Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Over $130K on my personal AX Reserve and no third boost. Over $100K on my personal DLAX Platinum and no third boost.
Were you targeted? If not, then this seems to be the result you'd expect (though not the one you would want). Also, was there ever a third boost offered for DLAX Plat?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by vbjd1111
Were you targeted? If not, then this seems to be the result you'd expect (though not the one you would want). Also, was there ever a third boost offered for DLAX Plat?
Not targeted.

Yes, there was a similar third boost for Platinum as well.

Many here have called and said they would get the boost even though they weren’t targeted, and some have received it without being targeted and did not call.

Looks like a bit of a crap shoot.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta

Not targeted.

Yes, there was a similar third boost for Platinum as well.

Many here have called and said they would get the boost even though they weren’t targeted, and some have received it without being targeted and did not call.

Looks like a bit of a crap shoot.
May be worth calling in
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just as a data point, I called in and referenced code "2 2222CTLF" for my Personal Reserve card and was told by the AMEX rep that the promotion is only for those accounts solicited by Delta. He said that if Delta didn't target me for the promo, I wasn't eligible. For reference, I've had the card for a few months and I'm right at $60k in spend for the year.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:03 am

So, basically I miss-out on 25K MQMs (15K DLAXR + 10K DLAXP) -- which I'd like, of course, but they would only add to the 400K I already have, and since the third-boost MQMs apparently are NOT able to be gifted it really doesn't "harm" me in any quantifiable sense. If I were just scraping by on qualifying I might make a stink, but I'm certainly not going to bother wasting valuable time chasing something of relative little value to me.

So, it's yet another cut in my continuing "Death by a thousand cuts" Delta saga.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
This is still very interesting to me because Delta/Amex has to know this would get out. I get targeted offers but I am over the third spend and would love to get the MQMs to rollover. I might call and ask. Anyone had luck with this recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.