FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1900824-new-third-mqm-award-level-reserve-plat-cards-targeted.html)

vbjd1111 Mar 26, 2018 5:08 pm

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Just received a notice that in addition to the existing 15K MQM awards for $30K in spending (one at $30K level, another at $60K level), there will be another 15K MQM award at $90K. Clicking to the website via the link, it says that this is "for 2018" which may indicate it's a one timer.

N515CR Mar 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by vbjd1111 (Post 29570335)
Just received a notice that in addition to the existing 15K MQM awards for $30K in spending (one at $30K level, another at $60K level), there will be another 15K MQM award at $90K. Clicking to the website via the link, it says that this is "for 2018" which may indicate it's a one timer.

Got the same email, and based on the line pasted below from the T's & C's, it does seem like a potential one-off but also leaves the door open for future renditions.

This special offer is exclusive to 2018 and may be discontinued in subsequent calendar years at American Express and Delta's sole discretion.

TerryK Mar 26, 2018 5:25 pm

This applies to Amex Platinum as well. Although it is 10K MQM for additional $25K spending.

xolinlevh Mar 26, 2018 5:26 pm

My guess is that this is to try to draw people back to AMEX spend after the 250k waiver change. I’d bet a lot of people stopped funneling their spend to AMEX since there’s very few of us who can make 250, this is their way to draw some people back. They will see how well it works and reserve the right to discontinue it.

GatorBlues Mar 26, 2018 5:55 pm

It's not very helpful for me. With Diamond now out of reach, there's no reason to pile up more MQMs. I fly high Gold to low Platinum, and an Amex MQM bonus ensure I won't miss Platinum even in a slow travel year. There's no longer any value for me in pushing farther. Chase Sapphire Reserve gets the bulk of my spend now.

N515CR Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 29570393)
My guess is that this is to try to draw people back to AMEX spend after the 250k waiver change. I’d bet a lot of people stopped funneling their spend to AMEX since there’s very few of us who can make 250, this is their way to draw some people back. They will see how well it works and reserve the right to discontinue it.

I was thinking the same thing, and it's the same $2 spend = 1 MQM ratio.

jmgriffin Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Any idea if this applies to just the Reserve and Platinum Personal cards or also the Reserve and Platinum Business cards as well?

I can't find any info on it in my Delta Platinum Business card AMEX portal.

Renes Points Mar 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin (Post 29570617)
Any idea if this applies to just the Reserve and Platinum Personal cards or also the Reserve and Platinum Business cards as well?

I can't find any info on it in my Delta Platinum Business card AMEX portal.

This seems to be TARGETED offer for consumer NOT open aka biz cards. However

The Delta Amex Reserve card offer code if you want to call to try to have them load is: 2 2222CTLF
The Delta Amex Platinum card offer code if you want to call to try to have them load is: 1 2222CTL6

Again neither code will work with BIZ cards. If anyone has BIZ card codes please update this thread!

Bicoastal Local Mar 26, 2018 7:21 pm

I have both DL Platinum and DL Reserve, but only received an email for the Reserve. Anyone receive emails for both?

Tomphot Mar 26, 2018 7:33 pm

I didn't get it for my Business Reserve

SNAGuy Mar 26, 2018 7:54 pm

I got for my personal Reserve but NOT for my business Platinum :mad:

On my Reserve I usually on spend around $65-70k but on my business Platinum my spend is well over $250k for a year.

MSPeconomist Mar 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Is this offer targeted? I haven't received any such email.

michellt Mar 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Received for my Plat (which has almost no spend this year) but not for my Reserve (which is at $50K already). Sounds like they want these cards in our wallets but the $250K waiver is ridic.

Renes Points Mar 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29570929)
Is this offer targeted? I haven't received any such email.

Seriously MSP? Look at my post #8 ! :confused:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29570683-post8.html

355F1 Mar 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 29570393)

2016: $65k spend
2017: $45k spend
2018: Will finish with $25k just for the PLT waiver, ending my DM run with DL
2019: All income taxes/etc going to other cards that offer real value

Reserve will be cancelled in July when the Af is due. The PLT BIZ will also be cancelled. Or I will Product Change to something else or a no-fee line just to keep the $55k Credit Limits open.