Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think this part is less clear, and not even dependent upon cash or PWM. If it’s just processed as an upgrade then I don’t think you retain the “last F seat availability” benefit for SDC, and technically the upgrade fee is nonrefundable so if you change into Y/C+ you don’t get a refund (in practice not sure how strict they are about this).
You’d need to “up-fare” into a true first class inventory (JDCIZ), which you can usually do over the phone, and possibly by using “modify flights” online.
In the past, what's odd is that whenever I've upgraded, the ticket is reissued as Z (or some equivalent in terms of the F cabin). So, from the pax point of view, it looks like a regular ticket in F. To your point, it's not so clear what appears on the back end and what CSRs see when it comes to SDC. I just wish there was a FAQ on DL.com that clearly states the answer.

(Side note: I recently upgraded using miles for a D1 domestic flight, and when I tried to SDC, I had to actually get a live person to help me do it because it kept erroring out on the app and DL website. Someone eventually helped me, but it wasn't without serious effort on my part in terms of getting help.)
Old May 1, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I wanted to see if there have been any recent data points in terms of successful co-terminal changes for DMs. I'm confirmed in F (upgraded using miles) from RDU-EWR but want to change to GSO-LGA (or, at least, RDU-LGA).

Three quick questions:

1) Is the SDC Co-Terminal change for DMs still alive and well?

2) For the purposes of SDC changes, are all tickets confirmed in F (regardless of how it was purchased) treated the same in terms of being confirmed in any available seat in F? (I'm not talking about D1-operated flights.)

3) For some reason, I keep thinking that GSO and RDU are co-terminals. Am I totally making that up?
1) Yes
2) No. Ticketed in F, Yes. Confirmed in F, no. e.g. if you're ticketed in Y but have a medallion upgrade to F and you're confirmed during the upgrade window, that is NOT treated the same as a paid F seat for SDC.
3) No, those are not co-terminals. But you might find an agent who could be convinced that it is.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
1) Yes
2) No. Ticketed in F, Yes. Confirmed in F, no. e.g. if you're ticketed in Y but have a medallion upgrade to F and you're confirmed during the upgrade window, that is NOT treated the same as a paid F seat for SDC.
3) No, those are not co-terminals. But you might find an agent who could be convinced that it is.
So, if I purchase an upgrade with miles, it seems, then, it is treated the same as paid F for SDC purposes
Old May 1, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
So, if I purchase an upgrade with miles, it seems, then, it is treated the same as paid F for SDC purposes
mmm... maybe. Depends on if a new ticket is issued or not.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
I've run into numerous reps lately who are unaware of the co-terminal rule - one who flat out told me she had worked at Delta for 14 years and this had never been the case. Obviously this is false, but is there anywhere online that supports this documentation? Numerous sites mention this as a benefit but can't find anything on delta.com.

Recently, I've noticed the app isn't showing all available flights (paid first ticket). I've taken to chatting in and sharing a screen shot of the app that shows co-terminals are available (ONT and LAX primarily) but the flight I want isn't listed, and this is usually enough to convince them, but it's a little aggravating.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:33 pm

There is nothing online publicly, it's always been an undocumented perk. I am pretty sure it IS documented internally (in Delta's KM system), but I wouldn't be able to direct an agent as to where to look.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
The Res Agent just needs to go to KM topic Same Day Travel Changes(SDT) and then scroll down to the sub-topic Co-Terminals: Same Day Travel.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Is EWR still a co-terminal with JFK and LGA for the purpose of SDC?
thanks!!
Old Mar 26, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dldmfll
Is EWR still a co-terminal with JFK and LGA for the purpose of SDC?
thanks!!
Yes. I've successfully booked an EWR-XXX flight and switched to LGA-XXX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.