Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:32 am

What do you think
schedule change by about 15 mins flying into jfk would they let switch to SWF? Haven’t quite decided if we want to ask because it’d mean 1 less day of vacation (leaving an island early morning and double connecting but we’d get home at 6p rather than 11p after sitting in traffic.

Think they’d allow the change?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:43 am

15 mins is likely not enough of a schedule change. General rule of thumb is 60 minutes for a free change and 90 minutes for a refund. Status definitely helps. YMMV.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If you have status its more likely. Otherwise for 15minutes its unlikely. Was there a change in carrier on any regional flights? It's an overlooked reason for allowing a change.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same day change for co-terminals change & stand-by for a sold-out flight

I can't find an existing one about this, probably I miss it. Just called, over 1 hour wait, rolling my eyes.
I want to do a co-terminal same day change, I know the rules at https://www.delta.com/us/en/change-c...-flight-change clearly says
Origin and/or destination changes are not available for a Same-Day Confirmed change. Same-City/Co-terminals (ex. LaGuardia Airport to John F. Kennedy Airport) changes are not available for a Same-Day Confirmed change.
Origin and/or destination changes are not available for a Same-Day Standby. Same-City/Co-terminals (ex. LaGuardia Airport to John F. Kennedy Airport) changes are not available for a Same-Day Standby
I pushed harder and asked if she can make the change without collecting the fare difference, no luck. What's interesting is the agent told me only Diamond are allowed to do co-station change.
Question:
Just want to see if there is any Diamond out there made a co-terminal change using the same day change?
Also, I know this is a bad idea. I'm currently on a 7:00 am departure flight, and want to stand-by for the 9:44 am departure flight. The 9:44 am departure flight is sold out, but I still insist she add me to the stand-by list. (didn't know it's only for Diamond, PM, GM until now because it's a later flight). She said in such case, because the 9:44 am is sold out, even someone cancelled today and seats become available, passengers on the stand-by list won't get cleared until everyone booked boarded the aircraft.
Question:
Is it possible people on the stand-by list get cleared hours before departure, or before the gate agent arrived at the gate to start the boarding process?

I will drag my as* in the very early morning eventually, but just curious how things work. And hey, sold out flights already?!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The SDC thread will show Diamonds making this type of change all the time. Co-terminal is one if best benefits of being DM.

Standbys are processed at gate. The very name says why. There's no waitlist just standby for SDC. Also standby for later has required GM status for years.
btonkid12345 and simonsuo like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Co-terminal is one if best benefits of being DM.
Really? There are how many co-terminals out there?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Really? There are how many co-terminals out there?
it includes but may not be limited to

* EWR/LGA/JFK
* SFO/OAK/SJC
* LAX/LGB/ONT/SNA
* MDW/ORD
* DEN/COS
* DFW/DAL
* IAH/HOU
* FLL/MIA/PBI
* BWI/DCA/IAD
* MCO/TPA/DAB/MLB/SRQ

NYC may also include HPN/SWF, I'm not sure. I've definitely moved from LGA to HPN before but I don't remember if it was IROPs or SDC.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:47 pm

NYC (LGA, EWR, JFK)
WAS (IAD, DCA, BWI)
Los Angeles (LAX, SNA, BUR, ONT, LGB)
San Francisco (SFO, OAK, SJC)
Chicago (ORD, MDW)
Miami (FLL, MIA, PBI)
Dallas (DFW, DAL)
too many, i give up. I am curious about international destinations though. But if Delta only operates at LHR or CDG, it doesn't matter anyway.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by simonsuo
I am curious about international destinations though. But if Delta only operates at LHR or CDG, it doesn't matter anyway.
Also you can't SDC international flights on DL.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So I just had a tough time doing same day change co-term (From JFK to LGA). Basically, DL will do it if Diamond but waitlisting is an issue because the current computer system requires you to be booked to the airport to stand by. You can be put on stand by list but it won’t get activated (so you actually show up on the list). I kept going between the gate and Skyclub. Everyone super nice but couldn’t do it. Finally some super senior phone agent that the club called got me on standby on the next LGA flight. I was #1 on the list and got on. So ended well and DL employees did a great job. DL IT on the other hand...
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
I was #1 on the list and got on. So ended well and DL employees did a great job. DL IT on the other hand...
Was it a sold out flight? or the same day confirmed inventory is not available at the moment?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
So I just had a tough time doing same day change co-term (From JFK to LGA). Basically, DL will do it if Diamond but waitlisting is an issue because the current computer system requires you to be booked to the airport to stand by. You can be put on stand by list but it won’t get activated (so you actually show up on the list). I kept going between the gate and Skyclub. Everyone super nice but couldn’t do it. Finally some super senior phone agent that the club called got me on standby on the next LGA flight. I was #1 on the list and got on. So ended well and DL employees did a great job. DL IT on the other hand...
there is a difference between SDC (confirmed) and SDS (standby). Coterminal changes are only allowed for DMs if they're doing a SDC. By the book, SDS requires the same routing. Some agents have been known to do coterminal SDS, but it isn't something you should count on being available.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
it includes but may not be limited to

* EWR/LGA/JFK
* SFO/OAK/SJC
* LAX/LGB/ONT/SNA
* MDW/ORD
* DEN/COS
* DFW/DAL
* IAH/HOU
* FLL/MIA/PBI
* BWI/DCA/IAD
* MCO/TPA/DAB/MLB/SRQ

NYC may also include HPN/SWF, I'm not sure. I've definitely moved from LGA to HPN before but I don't remember if it was IROPs or SDC.
I don't believe PBI is a co terminal to FLL/MIA unless something has changed.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
* MCO/TPA/DAB/MLB/SRQ
Is this documented someplace? I mean TPA and MLB aren't exactly across the street from each other. But my entire point is that it is hardly a huge benefit when there is a relative few of them vs. the entire system and it doesn't come up that often that people need to do it. Having said that, it appears that Delta has formally or informally added to this list, originally it was only five or so cities.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by langbr01
I don't believe PBI is a co terminal to FLL/MIA unless something has changed.
PBI is included. Just did it a month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.