Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
Is this documented someplace? I mean TPA and MLB aren't exactly across the street from each other. But my entire point is that it is hardly a huge benefit when there is a relative few of them vs. the entire system and it doesn't come up that often that people need to do it. Having said that, it appears that Delta has formally or informally added to this list, originally it was only five or so cities.
I've never seen these be allowed, even just TPA/SRQ.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I’m flying from CDG—ATL--JFK, and my connection time in ATL is 1:25. All segments are KL-coded but DL-operated. I’m flying J, and I’ve got GE and have traveled enough to know my way around ATL. Even so, I realize 1:25 is cutting it super close. As a DM, I know that I can do a co-terminal SDC. What’s less clear to me is whether I can do SDC to LGA, for example, on the ATL-JFK segment because it’s KL coded on a KL ticket. (I know that all international segments have to be flown, but does this rule only apply per direction? In other words, I’ve got international segments when I head back to CDG.)
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
II know that all international segments have to be flown, but does this rule only apply per direction?
This is not my understanding.
kthomas likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I’m flying from CDG—ATL--JFK, and my connection time in ATL is 1:25. All segments are KL-coded but DL-operated. I’m flying J, and I’ve got GE and have traveled enough to know my way around ATL. Even so, I realize 1:25 is cutting it super close. As a DM, I know that I can do a co-terminal SDC. What’s less clear to me is whether I can do SDC to LGA, for example, on the ATL-JFK segment because it’s KL coded on a KL ticket. (I know that all international segments have to be flown, but does this rule only apply per direction? In other words, I’ve got international segments when I head back to CDG.)
No, all international flights on ticket must be flown.
kthomas and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Technically, as flyerCO stated, all international flights must be flown in any direction prior to a domestic SDC.

However, on a paid J ticket, and with status, if you “miss” the ATL-JFK (or even arrive too late to drop a bag by going out into the terminal to drop it), they will rebook you regardless of what else is left on the reservation.

Especially if ATL-LGA is the next available flight instead of another ATL-JFK, they can take care of this for you. As always, be nice to the agent and YMMV.

But calling for a pure SDC won’t be as easy because the entire ticket will need to be reissued (either way). This is much easier when it’s because of a missed (short) connection on an international itinerary, especially because the desk agent will call reissue and tell them to push it through.
kthomas likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
PBI is included. Just did it a month ago.
Correct. Did it mid March.
I do have had tricky times with SDC lately. E.g., changing a MIA-JFK to a MIA-LGA when both were sold out, and I could not do SDS for the LGA flight but they were able to do SDC (win). At another time I could not do a FLL-JFK to FLL-LGA because it was sold out (and overbooked), but I could do a PBI-LGA (instead of FLL-JFK), which had 1 Y seat open (fare class Y, I was in K).
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Technically, as flyerCO stated, all international flights must be flown in any direction prior to a domestic SDC.

However, on a paid J ticket, and with status, if you “miss” the ATL-JFK (or even arrive too late to drop a bag by going out into the terminal to drop it), they will rebook you regardless of what else is left on the reservation.

Especially if ATL-LGA is the next available flight instead of another ATL-JFK, they can take care of this for you. As always, be nice to the agent and YMMV.

But calling for a pure SDC won’t be as easy because the entire ticket will need to be reissued (either way). This is much easier when it’s because of a missed (short) connection on an international itinerary, especially because the desk agent will call reissue and tell them to push it through.
My sense is that ATL-LGA runs pretty frequently compared to ATL-JFK on weekdays, and it's a lot easier to get rebooked on a flight leaving ATL-JFK. I have a feeling that I'm going to arrive in E Terminal, which is super far from all the other terminals. Do y'all think I can do it in 1:25?
kthomas likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:17 pm

My sense is that ATL-LGA runs pretty frequently compared to ATL-JFK on weekdays, and it's a lot easier to get rebooked on a flight leaving ATL-JFK. I have a feeling that I'm going to arrive in E Terminal, which is super far from all the other terminals. Do y'all think I can do it in 1:25?
ATL-JFK has fewer frequencies and more wide bodies - which are more desirable up front - so why would it be easier to rebook? LGA flights, aside from peak business times, often have lots of space.

With global entry, sure, 1:25 is totally doable. But it all depends on the lines you encounter en route. Without global entry, and if the ATL passport inspection lines are long, it may be difficult.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:30 pm

ATL-JFK has fewer frequencies and more wide bodies - which are more desirable up front - so why would it be easier to rebook? LGA flights, aside from peak business times, often have lots of space.

With global entry, sure, 1:25 is totally doable. But it all depends on the lines you encounter en route. Without global entry, and if the ATL passport inspection lines are long, it may be difficult.
Whoops -- that was a typo. I meant ATL-LGA!
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
PBI is included. Just did it a month ago.
I've tried no less then 10x over the years with no luck. Agents have insisted its only FLL/MIA and not PBI. This is a positive change for SDC.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by langbr01
I've tried no less then 10x over the years with no luck. Agents have insisted its only FLL/MIA and not PBI. This is a positive change for SDC.
Its not included in any fare rules though. Still only says FLL/MIA.

An agent doing it as a one off for a DM is different then it being a change or part of policy now.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Its not included in any fare rules though. Still only says FLL/MIA.

An agent doing it as a one off for a DM is different then it being a change or part of policy now.
Agent read the list off to me. It wasn't just a " I know" type thing. They pulled up their internal policy. Being in fare rules has nothing to do with being within policy for SDC co-terminal.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by azeckel
not sure if they'd even allow it, but maybe you showed up at LGA by mistake and convinced them to switch you.
Has anyone had success showing up at a co-terminal in the hopes that they'll somehow accommodate you --besides TheHorta? Seems like the airport agents aren't able to change your reservation, but the phone agents can?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Has anyone had success showing up at a co-terminal in the hopes that they'll somehow accommodate you --besides TheHorta? Seems like the airport agents aren't able to change your reservation, but the phone agents can?
I've gone the other way around - tried to SDC from JFK to LGA arrival over the phone. Showed up at the airport check in and they said "JFK, right?" and I said, whoops, supposed to be LGA, and they changed it at bag drop as a lowly Gold.
btonkid12345 and NYC2SGN like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL DM; IHG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ekozie
I've gone the other way around - tried to SDC from JFK to LGA arrival over the phone. Showed up at the airport check in and they said "JFK, right?" and I said, whoops, supposed to be LGA, and they changed it at bag drop as a lowly Gold.
I'm tempted to try this and see if it works. Flights are looking empty anyway. Worse comes to worst, they'll either put me on standby out of the co-terminal, or I'll have to head to the originally ticketed airport, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.