Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed - Co Terminal Changes (Consolidated Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh double co-terminal SDC. Will be interested to hear back!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by rylan
Oh double co-terminal SDC.
That right there is next level stuff. I, too, am interested to hear how it goes!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:08 pm

From what I understand 360s have a lot more flexibility and agents who overlook the published rules than they do for lowly DMs.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
The list of co-terminals from a Delta fare rule:
BWI-WAS FLL-MIA LAX-BUR LAX-ONT LAX-SNA
NYC-EWR OAK-SFO OAK-SJC SFO-SJC
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
There's also this list that Widgets posted a while back (anyone seen him lately?)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28427853-post74.html

I have a vague recollection that the SDC coterminal list is different from the fare rules coterminal list (different purposes) but can't find a reference, so my memory might just be making that up.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:47 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Well that's certainly not exhaustive. DFW/DAL, ORD/MDW.

Also note that (in my experience) "NYC" includes JFK, LGA, and HPN. Possibly SWF as well.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by azeckel
That right there is next level stuff. I, too, am interested to hear how it goes!
Experience so far is "wow 360 is amazing".
Trip is still multiple days out and I wanted to make a change on my return flight by flying 1 day earlier, and was willing to pay for it: Change fee waived (remained in the FLL-JFK), no cost at all, even though the same booking class was not available.
Because they were so friendly I asked (multiple days out) to change the JFK-FLL to a LGA-MIA, same fare class not available, still done with a breeze.

Feels like 360 turns an L ticket into a Y ticket...

So (as a 360)
- double co-terminal changes works
- don't need to wait until t-24h
- can do date change to day earlier

My guess is for regular DM's and maybe PM some of the above could also work.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:24 am
pvn
Suspended

I have occasionally had an agent that agreed to do a SDC before t-24 (if I was within t-24 for the flight I wanted to move to) but usually I get denied. I believe this has worked both as a PM and as a DM.

Never had trouble with co-terminal changes as a DM. Never tried a double co-terminal change but I can't imagine that would be a problem.

I have had mixed success with changing calendar day of flight but I've only ever tried with domestic red eye flights leaving right around midnight (I've changed both from a before-midnight redeye to a flight later the next day and from a daytime flight to a after-midnight redeye). I'd guess this works about 50% of the time, and most of those attempts were probably when I was platinum.

I should also note that all of those changes were with the necessary fare class (or confirmed in premium cabin). I've never had an agent bend that rule for me.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I’ve done BOS-PVD a couple of times during IROPs. I don’t know if those would be considered SDC co-terminals for DMs.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Anyone had luck with this as a PM?
I did once, but it was on a paid J fare and they did in the skyclub...

I'm hoping to SDC from a BWI to a DCA flight. Assume they'll laugh in my face if I call?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by koreanair720
Anyone had luck with this as a PM?
I did once, but it was on a paid J fare and they did in the skyclub...

I'm hoping to SDC from a BWI to a DCA flight. Assume they'll laugh in my face if I call?
YMMV. I would bet more often it would be a no, but circumstances like overbookings or irops can change that.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:48 pm
pvn
Suspended

I got a coterminal change (DCA to IAD) once as a PM. It was the only time I ever asked for one as a PM, FWIW, so it's definitely a YMMV thing. I would suspect that it's unlikely and I would try it but I wouldn't waste a ton of time HUCAing.

The agent didn't mention it, but it's certainly possible that the one time it worked for me that there was an overbook situation. If there are irrops of any sort you'll have very little trouble getting a co-terminal change, even as a FO.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:44 pm

I seem to recall a few years ago getting co-terminal privileges for FLL-PBI (not just FLL-MIA). YMMV.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Got one no cost, no fee BHM changed to HSV when I accidentally showed up at HSV for a BHM flight. DM desk agent was very accommodating. Check-in agent at HSV said she didn’t have the power to do it and it needed to be a phone agent.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Got one no cost, no fee BHM changed to HSV when I accidentally showed up at HSV for a BHM flight. DM desk agent was very accommodating. Check-in agent at HSV said she didn’t have the power to do it and it needed to be a phone agent.
Strange. Normally it's reversed. Airport can do it, while phone cant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.