Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
For me it's been totally random: sometimes every two weeks, sometimes every other day. No rhyme or reason at all.

What is clear is that the 10K MQMs that one also gets at $25K *only* post at the monthly closing date for the Amex card. This was really annoying for me a few days ago: both DL and Amex agreed that I'd reached the $25K spend, but that didn't help me get the under 900 MQMs (!) I needed for PM--meaning I earned fewer spendable miles on a flight but also couldn't get into the VS lounge in LHR that, at that time, was available to DL PMs and above. To me it's totally screwy that both the airline and the credit card acknowledge one has crossed a threshold, but refuse to do anything about it--DL blamed Amex, who in turn blamed DL.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I can't imagine what DL would possibly blame Amex for there. It's 100% up to them.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by ryanm
For me it's been totally random: sometimes every two weeks, sometimes every other day. No rhyme or reason at all.
+1; sometimes real frequently, sometimes less.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ryanm
What is clear is that the 10K MQMs that one also gets at $25K *only* post at the monthly closing date for the Amex card. This was really annoying for me a few days ago: both DL and Amex agreed that I'd reached the $25K spend, but that didn't help me get the under 900 MQMs (!) I needed for PM--meaning I earned fewer spendable miles on a flight but also couldn't get into the VS lounge in LHR that, at that time, was available to DL PMs and above. To me it's totally screwy that both the airline and the credit card acknowledge one has crossed a threshold, but refuse to do anything about it--DL blamed Amex, who in turn blamed DL.
They will do something about it. When your statement posts.

Nowhere does it promise that the bonus is instantaneous, and once per cycle doesn't seem unreasonable. I understand the timing isn't as convenient for the trip you happen to be taking, but that's not really their problem.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by pvn
I can't imagine what DL would possibly blame Amex for there. It's 100% up to them.
I wish I knew! Both DL and Amex acknowledged that they could see I'd passed the $25K threshold--without, however, either party assuming responsibility for the trigger that seems to happen only at the card's monthly closing date.

Amex: "I don't know why you're calling us, since DL doles out the 10K MQMs and can already see that you've passed that threshold; we don't control when this happens."

DL: "I don't know why you're calling us, since Amex controls when the 10K MQMs are doled out. If we could we'd give them to you right now."
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:14 am

Interesting - I'm stuck in July as a last updated date - maybe worth a call in.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It seems to me that with the Reserve card, until you hit the MQD waiver, it's updated on delta.dumb about once a week. For the MQMs, that depends on the closing date of your statement, with the bonus RDMs posting almost instantly and the keep or gift MQMs email about a day later, although you can do this in your account as soon as you notice the 15,000 bonus RDMs.
I hit my $30k limit on my Reserve and got my bonus RDMs. where do i claim my bonus MQM on my acct? do i have to call?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Eddie98
I hit my $30k limit on my Reserve and got my bonus RDMs. where do i claim my bonus MQM on my acct? do i have to call?
Login to your Delta account, then go here:

https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by Zorak
Login to your Delta account, then go here:

https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action
Thank you. have to remember that next year.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can log into your account on delta.dumb and then search for something like keep or gift MQMs, but last year there was some glitch between gift and gifting where one of these searches sent you to pages for buying RDMs.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:55 am

Sorry to bump an old thread but this has become relevant to me lately.

Usually my Delta Plat spend would update on the Delta app twice a week like clockwork. After the last iPhone update now it has only updated once and that took 10-12 days. Since Oct 16th it hasn't updated at all. Is anyone else experiencing these lags in the status of their waiver? I'm getting pretty close to hitting it and thought that Delta might code something to slow down showing progress when this happens. I think I'm around $23k.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Amex spend waiver not updating on Skymiles Account?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I couldn't find the answer through search.

On both mine and Mrs. ATL787's skymiles account, we are both showing $0 progress toward the Amex spend waiver, even though both of us are already $15k+ ytd. Anyone else having the same issue?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ATL787
Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I couldn't find the answer through search.

On both mine and Mrs. ATL787's skymiles account, we are both showing $0 progress toward the Amex spend waiver, even though both of us are already $15k+ ytd. Anyone else having the same issue?
When you logon to your Amex account using the Amex web site, does Amex tell you the number of DL redeemable Skymiles you currently have? Not a direct answer to your question, but an indication that the account linkages are at least working in one direction.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I only have one data point, since I didn't spend on my card in January, but it seems the tracker didn't update until my Amex statement cut. Did all your spending occur in the current statement period?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
My tracker has updated approrpiately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.