Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Unless your flight is one designated for T2 (regardless of if it departs from T3) you're supposed to have to check bags at T3. While LAX isnt home, I fly out of there very regularly and have been turned away trying to check bags at the wrong terminal. Many posts on this subject will show that this isnt isolated. In fact DL sends out emails telling you to check bags at the correct terminal even if flight departs from another.

Now in fairness, I've seen other posts that say exactly what you say. However while an agent may do it, by policy they don't have to.
What can I say? Maybe I'm just lucky...
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by burbanite
What can I say? Maybe I'm just lucky...
I think they waive this rule if you’re SP and let you check at either terminal. Is this still the case?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
I think they waive this rule if you’re SP and let you check at either terminal. Is this still the case?
I have no idea. Ever since Delta moved to the current location I’ve been doing this without a word being said, not a hint of the agent making any allowance because of status.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the way the construction looks, I'd bet there is no conveyor belt between the terminals, so likely a truck has to drive the luggage from one to the other.

But so what are you supposed to do if you get a gate change from one terminal to the other say four hours before the flight? You're supposed to have checked that before you arrive at the terminal? In theory, sure, but practically, they really have to accept the luggage at either place and figure it out. That's part of the complex nightmare that is this renovation, and they can't put this on the customer, especially if the customer is actually paying to check these bags.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
they can't put this on the customer, especially if the customer is actually paying to check these bags.

Except that is exactly what they are doing:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-terminal.html
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Except that is exactly what they are doing:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-terminal.html
Well, attempting to do.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
But so what are you supposed to do if you get a gate change from one terminal to the other say four hours before the flight? You're supposed to have checked that before you arrive at the terminal? In theory, sure, but practically, they really have to accept the luggage at either place and figure it out. That's part of the complex nightmare that is this renovation, and they can't put this on the customer, especially if the customer is actually paying to check these bags.
A gate change won't change which terminal you check in at.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:43 am

Not sure if this is known already but overheard 1 Redcoat/Skyclub manager and possibly 2 Station managers this morning discussing and pointing out some things about the construction bridging T2 and T3. Only 2 of us were around and they were speaking in soft tones, as this is still hush hush for now. The new Skyclub is going to be double the size of Seattle at over 40000 sq. ft. There will also be a separate club for D1 passengers only, to compete with United and American Flagship and Polaris lounges.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Not sure if this is known already but overheard 1 Redcoat/Skyclub manager and possibly 2 Station managers this morning discussing and pointing out some things about the construction bridging T2 and T3. Only 2 of us were around and they were speaking in soft tones, as this is still hush hush for now. The new Skyclub is going to be double the size of Seattle at over 40000 sq. ft. There will also be a separate club for D1 passengers only, to compete with United and American Flagship and Polaris lounges.
Most of this isn’t news, except for the square-footage figure. According to DL, the new Sky Club is projected to be 25,000 sf.

https://news.delta.com/building-worl...demolition-lax

With this one I think I’ll go by the official DL statements over eavesdropping hearsay.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Most of this isn’t news, except for the square-footage figure. According to DL, the new Sky Club is projected to be 25,000 sf.

https://news.delta.com/building-worl...demolition-lax

With this one I think I’ll go by the official DL statements over eavesdropping hearsay.
I don't pay attention to hearsay or gossip either, but this conversation was spoken in a "done deal" tone, so we'll see. Decisions could have been altered since Delta pushed that press release in April. I see no mention of a exclusive D1 club in that press release either, yet that was specifically talked about. Perhaps this is where the additional size of the club comes in. Maybe a dedicated section specifically for D1 passengers.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I don't pay attention to hearsay or gossip either, but this conversation was spoken in a "done deal" tone, so we'll see. Decisions could have been altered since Delta pushed that press release in April. I see no mention of a exclusive D1 club in that press release either, yet that was specifically talked about. Perhaps this is where the additional size of the club comes in. Maybe a dedicated section specifically for D1 passengers.

While I understand the desire to compete in the club space, if they do end up launching D1 clubs I fear that the quality of the standard clubs will decline, especially the food.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
I believe so. On one of my trips to DEN, the flight was departing from 2 but i checked my bags in at 3, and I was told I could have checked my bags in at 2.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
FWIW, LAWA newsletter have contained the following text for several months now:

Sky Priority passengers can drop their bags in either terminal.
src: https://www.lawa.org/en/news-release...ws-release-136

I haven't been able to find similar verbiage in anything published by Delta.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
FWIW, LAWA newsletter have contained the following text for several months now:
src: https://www.lawa.org/en/news-release...ws-release-136

I haven't been able to find similar verbiage in anything published by Delta.
I got the following text in an email from Delta for my Thanksgiving travel, subject line “Get Ready For Your Flight”:

Your baggage drop: Terminal 2
When traveling with Sky Priority benefits, you may check your bag at either Terminal 2 or Terminal 3.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver, Marriott, Miles & More, Trueblue
Looks like LAX may get the first Delta One-exclusive lounge! https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...usive-lounges/
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.