Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Old Sep 6, 18, 7:08 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ASE
Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 3,250
Can anybody tell me which is the better of the T3 clubs? I chose the South, and it is fine, other than no self-serve booze and no showers like in T2
UAPremierGuy is offline  
Old Sep 6, 18, 8:20 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 277
I find the new smaller one to be cozier and generally less loud. (Plus I prefer self-serve, but I’ve only been there in mornings so not made use of it yet.)
gregsfortytwo is offline  
Old Sep 29, 18, 8:02 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Posts: 735
Currently in Sky Club lounge Terminal 2 awaiting Aer Lingus flight back to Dublin, pleasantly surprised, very quiet for the most part, food selection not too bad, could do with some more snacks, but for $29 as an Delta Amex Plat. card a lot more pleasant the being in the main terminal building, added bonus departing Gate 23 so not much of a walk.
OPENROAD is online now  
Old Sep 30, 18, 2:18 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,568
Yeah the South T3 is the current Delta modern decor, it's small, limited options but decent.
The "original" T3 club I've always liked the decor and served bar (I don't think it's got premium selections for $$) but all the clubs have more top shelf booze options.

T2 is clearly the best, with more space and options. They even have bottled beer (Mission Heffeweisen) and beer on tap (all self-serve). Usually you can ask for coffee cups to go for all of them BTW.
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Old Sep 30, 18, 7:36 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,009
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD View Post
Yeah the South T3 is the current Delta modern decor, it's small, limited options but decent.
The "original" T3 club I've always liked the decor and served bar (I don't think it's got premium selections for $$) but all the clubs have more top shelf booze options.

T2 is clearly the best, with more space and options. They even have bottled beer (Mission Heffeweisen) and beer on tap (all self-serve). Usually you can ask for coffee cups to go for all of them BTW.
I donít need anything premium, but it sure would be nice to have a bottle of bourbon of some minimal standards out on the T2 self serve table. Can get (complimentary) Makers from the bartender at T3, But in T2, nada.
HeadInTheClouds is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 8:57 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Washington, DC, Chapel Hill, NC (RDU)
Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 5,553
So I had the opportunity to check out T2 and original T3 clubs today. I’m headed back to DCA via CVG tonight after arriving this afternoon on KL (BKK-AMS-LAX). Started out at T3 since it is the closest walk from TBIT and is checkin for CVG. Lots of people, but not uncomfortably crowded, but seating is close. Good views. Friendly staff.
Headed over to T2 for a shower and stayed for a few hours, quieter and less crowded feel.
Food offerings seemed to be identical.
Back at T3 now waiting for boarding.
burroheadnebula likes this.
mot29 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 19, 6:06 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: MU*G, AS, B6, WN*A-List, Marriott*G
Posts: 10
Recent recommendation of SkyClub in LAX

I'm flying LAX-PVG in D1. Which SkyClub, T2 or T3, is better?

I know the flight (DL89) is flying out of TBIT, but last year I was able to enter the TSA in T3 and took a bus to TBIT. I suppose I can also do it this time. However, I am not quite sure if I can utilize the D1 checkin at T2.

Personally, I have only been to the Skyclub in T3.
amamoyou is offline  
Old Jul 8, 19, 6:56 pm
  #83  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 8,332
Originally Posted by amamoyou View Post
I'm flying LAX-PVG in D1. Which SkyClub, T2 or T3, is better?

I know the flight (DL89) is flying out of TBIT, but last year I was able to enter the TSA in T3 and took a bus to TBIT. I suppose I can also do it this time. However, I am not quite sure if I can utilize the D1 checkin at T2.

Personally, I have only been to the Skyclub in T3.

T2 is better. It's not amazing, but it's pretty good.
jdrtravel is offline  
Old Jul 8, 19, 7:44 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 946
Originally Posted by amamoyou View Post
I'm flying LAX-PVG in D1. Which SkyClub, T2 or T3, is better?

I know the flight (DL89) is flying out of TBIT, but last year I was able to enter the TSA in T3 and took a bus to TBIT. I suppose I can also do it this time. However, I am not quite sure if I can utilize the D1 checkin at T2.

Personally, I have only been to the Skyclub in T3.
I haven't flown DL D1 out of TBIT, but shouldn't you be able to use the Korean Air/Sky Team lounge in TBIT? Other than the alcohol selection being quite lacking, it's much more comfortable than T2/T3, and even though the food is mediocre, it's still better than the sky clubs. Check in at T2, and then you can take the shuttle post security to TBIT. I really enjoy taking it due to the amazing airplane views.
bsagator is offline  
Old Jul 8, 19, 10:48 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,568
I always do T2 and then his over to TBIT. I hate the KAL lounge. Also D1 checkin is in T2.

NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Old Jul 9, 19, 4:25 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: DL Plat
Posts: 352
i prefer the t3 club with views of the runway...great for plane spotting as you work/eat. also the kal tbit lounge has improved and has chicken wings, fried rice and pizza.
runningformqm is offline  
Old Jul 9, 19, 4:59 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Washington, DC, Chapel Hill, NC (RDU)
Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 5,553
Originally Posted by runningformqm View Post
also the kal tbit lounge has improved and has chicken wings, fried rice and pizza.
yes, it is improved. My last TBIT departure was KL business and that now sends you to the OneWorld lounge. Although the food was a bit better in the OW lounge than the KAL lounge, OW was crowded and noisy. My experience in KAL was quiet and not crowded.
mot29 is offline  
Old Jul 9, 19, 5:09 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DTLA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 946
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD View Post
I always do T2 and then his over to TBIT. I hate the KAL lounge. Also D1 checkin is in T2.

checkin is in T2, but the flight still leaves TBIT. KAL lounge has significantly more room than T2 or T3 lounges. The only two negatives I can think about KAL lounge is there aren't any plane views, and the drink selection/glasses are poor. I can't think of a reason someone would "hate" the lounge. Especially when T3 lounge is one of the worst I have experienced, with the runway view being its only redeeming factor.
bsagator is offline  
Old Aug 14, 19, 11:35 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Posts: 735
Flying to Seattle today, know flight can depart from either Terminal 2 or Terminal 3, currently showing Terminal 3, which I think is where we flew into and it appeared to be an absolute dump, Shake Shack and Starbucks, is it worth paying into the lounge? We will be there around 16:00, five of us, have the Delta Co Branded cards. Thanks
OPENROAD is online now  
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:25 pm
  #90  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 7,344
Originally Posted by OPENROAD View Post
Flying to Seattle today, know flight can depart from either Terminal 2 or Terminal 3, currently showing Terminal 3, which I think is where we flew into and it appeared to be an absolute dump, Shake Shack and Starbucks, is it worth paying into the lounge? We will be there around 16:00, five of us, have the Delta Co Branded cards. Thanks
T3 SkyClub isnít much better.....super overcrowded and not as nice as T2.
OPENROAD likes this.
AANYC1981 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread