Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

Hi all,

I was at the T3 club yesterday and saw the sign that the club will be expanded/upgraded in "early 2018." Thought it would be useful to start a general thread for LAX Sky Clubs that is separate from the thread that focused on the move from T5.

Update from my visit yesterday: DL has removed the grab and go food options in T3 and replaced it with standard Sky Club food options. There were two small buffet areas. One side has the build your own soup, (pho?), which had a chicken broth base and multiple options to add. Across from there was the other bar, which had the now ubiquitous build your own bowl, with rice, chicken, beans etc. There was also mac & cheese, veggies & hummus, and dry sweet and salty snacks.

The bar continues to offer complimentary top shelf products, all still served in high quality disposable plastic glasses. There is a self service soda fountain behind the bar the is not obvious unless you walk back there.

They were having trouble with the air-conditioning in the club when I was there and it was very hot. The agent claimed that nothing could be done about it because it was just really hot outside. I personally have a hard time believing that anything at LAX was not built to handle an 88 degree day, but what do I know.

There is no reading material available, as per reports of other clubs (except SFO which seems to have maintained it).

The restrooms remain extremely small and rather unpleasant for the amount of people being served.

It will be interesting to see what they can do with this club.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Was in the T2 club last week - Restrooms fairly nice (if a little small) but showers still "under renovation" - didn't ask when they would be ready but will ask when I'm back this week. This was the old Air Canada club but furniture appears to be DL standard. All beverages are self-serve but there was real glassware. Food was standard for the morning hours.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
This was the old Air Canada club .

Yes, and T-3 is, pretty obviously, the old Virgin America Loft. Some furniture is new, some old. Also, they have LED lighting built into the ceiling, the VA had set at their signature purple color. From pictures, this worked well with other lounge decor. DL now has it set at a bright blue-ish white, and it does not work well with the other colors. It feels cold and austere.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
T-2 in general is abysmal, the upstairs shack shouldn't be called a "SkyClub", you can put lipstick on a pig.... I was bummed last week when my flight got moved from a gate at T-3 to T-2, it put a dampener on my morning.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
just had my first experience at T3 & T2......T3 club is awful and small and crowded. T2's club is so much better.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was definitely a fan of that grab-and-go area, but I was also surprised to find that the pho wasn't too bad.

If only we could get a SkyClub like Seattle . . .
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Smile

Originally Posted by josephstern
I was definitely a fan of that grab-and-go area, but I was also surprised to find that the pho wasn't too bad.

If only we could get a SkyClub like Seattle . . .
I believe it's in the cards to have a totally new SClub down the road...far down the road, but I assume it will be very nice.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by burbanite
T-2 in general is abysmal, the upstairs shack shouldn't be called a "SkyClub", you can put lipstick on a pig.... I was bummed last week when my flight got moved from a gate at T-3 to T-2, it put a dampener on my morning.
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
just had my first experience at T3 & T2......T3 club is awful and small and crowded. T2's club is so much better.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Yeah I saw that discrepancy also. I think the first one is a mistake, but I could be wrong. T-3, including the lounge, is for sure worse than T-2
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Was the T3 club upgrade completed? Has it improved much?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:20 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
What T3 upgrade? My understanding is that everything is going to be pretty much the way it is until the new club between T2 and T3 opens.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by pvn
What T3 upgrade? My understanding is that everything is going to be pretty much the way it is until the new club between T2 and T3 opens.
Maybe they're thinking of a T3 SkyClub actually existing? Because a year ago or so, there wasn't one. I think they converted a Virgin lounge. Anyway, it's awful.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Last time I was there I thought there was a sign that they were going to expand. Maybe I dreamed it or got confused with the long rumored Centurion Club. Ive got a long layover next week before flying to Hawaii and I guess I’ll just do the the bus to the marginally better T2 club.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:51 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I don't know where they could possibly expand the T3 club. There's no more space up there.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn
I don't know where they could possibly expand the T3 club. There's no more space up there.

The T3 club expansion was scheduled to open summer 2018. Now the website says "2018." I have not seen any other details than that, but it has been advertised that they would expand it since DL first took control of the lounge. There is a large wall to the left of the club entrance that has the sign advertising this. The wall appears to be covering another space, but I have no idea what's back there or what was back there. I presume offices or storage of some kind.

You can see this at this link. Scroll halfway down to the box about Sky Clubs where it reads "Locations are now open in Terminals 2 and 3, on the Mezzanine Level, with showers at Terminal 2 so you can refresh after a long trip. Look forward to an expanded Club in Terminal 3 in 2018, and a new state-of-the-art Delta Sky Club, accessible from both terminals in early 2021. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.