Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:15 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
The terminal 3 annex is now open. It is located to the left of the elevator. It has food similar to the regular SC and a small self serve bar. At least now it is definitely quieter.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by mmgm
The terminal 3 annex is now open. It is located to the left of the elevator. It has food similar to the regular SC and a small self serve bar. At least now it is definitely quieter.
Good to hear. We have an early morning arrival from SYD in two weeks time, transiting onto DL1577 to MSY. I've been hoping for T2 (and most mornings have observed that this flight has departed from T2) but last couple of days have been from T3 :/

Are there shower/change amenities in the T3 SkyClub? IIRC there weren't much (if any) when it was the Virgin Loft, but that was a few years ago.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Would love to see pics of the new space when someone is able to post.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Wow! What a sad state Delta is in when they can sell a premium product and provide little in return. I usually fly Alaska / Qantas but decided to give Delta a try since the fare was $1200 cheaper.

i am travelling on a Delta One D class ticket between Seattle and Sydney. Delta's Seattle lounge is actually not bad and the soup and salad is on par with what Alaska offers in Seattle. The flight down to Seattle did not have a meal service but bananas and packaged snacks were offered. This was a mid afternoon flight so it maybe a timing issue.

However, T2 Sky Club pales in comparison to the LAX Qantas lounge. I was surprised to see the same soup and salad combination on offer during dinner time. I feel like I lived out of a soup kitchen all day. That said ' the paper plates were of the highest quality.
How hard is it to offer a hot meal before boarding the evening international flights? I was actually expecting a truely global 5 star experience at the LAX GATEWAY. Why do Americans put up with such mediocre offerings?

Oh well - next up is the older 777 to Sydney. The Delta crew are ok but the seats have no matress and no pajamas.

I have learned my lesson. I have just booked next month's flight to Seattle on Qantas / Alaska Airlines. It will be a long time before I try Delta again.

Last edited by davistev; Jul 16, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before being forced to switch terminals at LAX, DL had a better lounge and also a dedicated D1 check in lounge. With an international ticket in business class, you're also allowed to use the KE lounge in TBIT, but it's one of the less impressive international lounges.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davistev
Wow! What a sad state Delta is in when they can sell a premium product and provide little in return. I usually fly Alaska / Qantas but decided to give Delta a try since the fare was $1200 cheaper.

i am travelling on a Delta One D class ticket between Seattle and Sydney. Delta's Seattle lounge is actually not bad and the soup and salad is on par with what Alaska offers in Seattle. The flight down to Seattle did not have a meal service but bananas and packaged snacks were offered. This was a mid afternoon flight so it maybe a timing issue.

However, T2 Sky Club pales in comparison to the LAX Qantas lounge. I was surprised to see the same soup and salad combination on offer during dinner time. I feel like I lived out of a soup kitchen all day. That said ' the paper plates were of the highest quality.
How hard is it to offer a hot meal before boarding the evening international flights? I was actually expecting a truely global 5 star experience at the LAX GATEWAY. Why do Americans put up with such mediocre offerings?

Oh well - next up is the older 777 to Sydney. The Delta crew are ok but the seats have no matress and no pajamas.

I have learned my lesson. I have just booked next month's flight to Seattle on Qantas / Alaska Airlines. It will be a long time before I try Delta again.

I wish I could argue with you about any of this....but it's all accurate.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Geesh. The 777s are all currently getting new interiors. The club's aren't up to par, but DL is in process of making them stellar clubs. What do you expect? It's not like there wasn't a point the Qantas lounge needed updating, or that their planes didn't need new interiors. Every airline in the world has a point when things get old and need updating. You act like every airline is supposed to be on the same timeline for product updates.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Geesh. The 777s are all currently getting new interiors. The club's aren't up to par, but DL is in process of making them stellar clubs. What do you expect? It's not like there wasn't a point the Qantas lounge needed updating, or that their planes didn't need new interiors. Every airline in the world has a point when things get old and need updating. You act like every airline is supposed to be on the same timeline for product updates.

DL could and should offer mattress pads, better food in the lounges and better food on board. Soft product improvements would go a long way.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:30 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
the KE lounge in TBIT, but it's one of the less impressive international lounges.
So kind of you....the KAL TBIT lounge is a disgrace and just worn and needs to be updated. Plus the food options really are pathetic....makes the SC look lux! Obviously, the KE daughters haven't been in the lounge cuz, I could just see how they would melt down!!

Glad KLM dumped the lounge and uses the OW Biz lounge for their WBC pax now! Even the Dutch realized that it's awful....
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

Why do Americans put up with such mediocre offerings?
You saved $1200. If sitting in a slightly nicer chair between flights and getting a $15 applebees dinner is worth $1200 to you, then I guess you should fly quantas.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry, delete.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jul 17, 2018 at 7:36 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by pvn
You saved $1200. If sitting in a slightly nicer chair between flights and getting a $15 applebees dinner is worth $1200 to you, then I guess you should fly quantas.
What's qUantas?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:02 am

Which terminal do the LAX-BOS Transcon flights fly out of? Or does it change day to day? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jmj10
Which terminal do the LAX-BOS Transcon flights fly out of? Or does it change day to day? Thanks.
Generally T2 since at least one is a D1 flight. However there's no promises.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
Is it a nicer chair? Aren't Qantas' business class seats 2-2-2? They look fairly narrow. Maybe they have upgraded them since I saw them last. Looks like the bedding DL provides is nicer as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.