Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX DL Sky Clubs Terminals 2 & 3 -The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
So strange, I am only seeing one club in each terminal:Terminal 2 Mezzanine Level4:30AM - 1AMTerminal 3 Mezzanine Level4:30AM - 1AM
Something weird is going on as I’m seeing the same thing again. DL.com at it’s finest!
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Something weird is going on as I’m seeing the same thing again. DL.com at it’s finest!
Modern web sites (... stop laughing! ) are backed by multiple web servers, serving content from multiple different caches, etc. It's not at all unusual for there to be inconsistencies while updates are rolled out. Or as another example, sometimes if you post something to Facebook on your phone you might not see it immediately on a different device, or even on the same device if you refresh a few times you might see the item disappear and reappear.

Not necessarily what's going on here, but could be.
BenA likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
The lounge search function on delta.com never worked right! I lost count of times it finds no lounge (in the US or outside of the US) when my status/flight qualify for lounge access...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Yeah, the club finder in the app tells me terminal 5 lounge for my PVG flight tomorrow. Hmm...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wlau
The lounge search function on delta.com never worked right! I lost count of times it finds no lounge (in the US or outside of the US) when my status/flight qualify for lounge access...
Normally the issue is having more than one tic box ticked. However as I noted above I couldn't get it to return any results on most. Example only click D1 to/from UK. No clubs show as available. It used to show the SCs, TBIT KE lounge, and VS Clubhouse.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Delta Gold; HHonors Diamond;ICH RA-PLAT; Kimpton IC; Hertz PC
Just stopped in today at T3, they had both desks still operating but two attendants on the open area between scanning and handing out coupons for entrance to try and speed/unify the process.

The smaller lounge has a Starbucks coffee shop (but I didn’t go in to see it), the larger had the premium bar. Premium whiskies were going to 2 cents per mile redemption rate...good enough for me...especially because doubles were discounted even more.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:11 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Last time I had enough time to stop in T3 (mid June?) all booze was comped. When did they change? I was in T3 in late July but connection was tight and I didn't have time to stop.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Last time I had enough time to stop in T3 (mid June?) all booze was comped. When did they change? I was in T3 in late July but connection was tight and I didn't have time to stop.
Most likely when theu finished the renovations and opened the other T3 SC.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:34 pm

Have always enjoyed using T2 lounge before flight at dreaded T3. However the last few flights the security contractors (not TSA), have refused to allow access to checkpoint, directing me and other T3 pax to walk. This seems silly, especially as DL requires passengers to a handful of airports to check their bags at T2 before proceeding to T3, if necessary.

Has anyone dealt with this?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Have always enjoyed using T2 lounge before flight at dreaded T3. However the last few flights the security contractors (not TSA), have refused to allow access to checkpoint, directing me and other T3 pax to walk. This seems silly, especially as DL requires passengers to a handful of airports to check their bags at T2 before proceeding to T3, if necessary.

just tell them you're going to the T2 SC. They're trying to direct the masses that don't know better. Just say no.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle

LAX allows access to any Terminal with a Same-Day boarding pass on any airline.

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
[QUOTE=MCO Flyer;30155550]LAX allows access to any Terminal with a Same-Day boarding pass on any airline./QUOTE]

Is that tweet from 2014 still current policy?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=jdrtravel;30155732]
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
LAX allows access to any Terminal with a Same-Day boarding pass on any airline./QUOTE]

Is that tweet from 2014 still current policy?
Yes. In fact all terminals except T1 are now connected post security, either via connector or bus.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:55 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So T2-T3-TBIT by bus
TBIT-T4-T5-T6-T7-T8 connected by walkway (though it's a bit of a maze a few points)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

so ridiculous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.