FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1877901-delta-skyclub-access-changes-starting-jan-1-2019-a.html)

jamesteroh Jan 26, 18 9:24 am

A little OT but now that the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX in the same terminal as some Delta flights do skyclub members have access to the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX currently if flying Delta from LAX?

LBJ Jan 26, 18 9:33 am


Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 29342442)
A little OT but now that the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX in the same terminal as some Delta flights do skyclub members have access to the Virgin Clubhouse at LAX currently if flying Delta from LAX?

No, Sky Club members aren't provided access VS Clubhouse locations. Gold and higher get access to US Clubhouse locations with a same-day ticket from the US to the UK when flying DL or VS metal.

DAL-767 Jan 26, 18 9:38 am

IMHO...Now a waste of money...unless you get it as a perk.

jamesteroh Jan 26, 18 10:23 am


Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 29342469)
No, Sky Club members aren't provided access VS Clubhouse locations. Gold and higher get access to US Clubhouse locations with a same-day ticket from the US to the UK when flying DL or VS metal.

Thanks! That's what I thought.

puddinhead Jan 26, 18 11:32 am


Originally Posted by xiphoid76 (Post 29220309)
Many times unfortunately for me. I live in a Delta hub - MSP, but work for the government and have to fly whatever contract they get for the cheapest which is frustratingly not Delta - about 1-2 times a month I fly non-Delta flights and have enjoyed the Sky Club lounge to get breakfast and relax before a flight. This is a deal breaker for me to end my membership :(

Get a platinum Amex (not Delta branded).It included access to SkyClub lounges. It also includes Priority Pass (access the PGA lounge at MSP) and access to Centurion Lounges plus the Escape lounge at MSP.

HofstraJet Jan 26, 18 11:54 am


Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 29341039)
No they didn't. As someone who has had several TiVos with lifetime subscriptions, I've read upon each purchase that it's a subscription for the lifetime of the box.

They didn't disclose for the DirecTV TiVo's - maybe they did for standalones. Was a big issue back before DirecTV had their own DVRs and TiVo was the only DirecTV DVR solution...but I digress. :)

HofstraJet Jan 26, 18 11:56 am


Originally Posted by puddinhead (Post 29343002)


Get a platinum Amex (not Delta branded).It included access to SkyClub lounges. It also includes Priority Pass (access the PGA lounge at MSP) and access to Centurion Lounges plus the Escape lounge at MSP.

To be clear, Platinum Amex only provides access to SkyClub when flying Delta.

ethernal Jan 26, 18 12:23 pm


Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 29343104)
To be clear, Platinum Amex only provides access to SkyClub when flying Delta.

Which is also now true for a membership.. the only difference is that the membership gives you access to SkyClubs when flying on partner planes, but honestly the priority pass covers most international travel (if you're not already SkyTeam Elite+ from GM).

HofstraJet Jan 26, 18 12:25 pm


Originally Posted by ethernal (Post 29343209)
Which is also now true for a membership.. the only difference is that the membership gives you access to SkyClubs when flying on partner planes, but honestly the priority pass covers most international travel (if you're not already SkyTeam Elite+ from GM).

Agreed. Just wanted it to be clear for everyone. :)

jamesteroh Jan 26, 18 12:26 pm


Originally Posted by ethernal (Post 29343209)
Which is also now true for a membership.. the only difference is that the membership gives you access to SkyClubs when flying on partner planes, but honestly the priority pass covers most international travel (if you're not already SkyTeam Elite+ from GM).

But as long as the flyer is GM+ on Delta wouldn't they still have access to the skyclub is flying on a skyteam partner? If someone is going to invest $450 for a Skyclub membership chances are they are already flying enough to be at least gold anyway.

ethernal Jan 26, 18 12:30 pm


Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 29343223)
But as long as the flyer is GM+ on Delta wouldn't they still have access to the skyclub is flying on a skyteam partner? If someone is going to invest $450 for a Skyclub membership chances are they are already flying enough to be at least gold anyway.

That was my point. The only time that the SkyClub membership provides a relative benefit is if you are not a GM+ and flying on a partner airline. But, even if that is the case, the Priority Pass covers you 95% of the time. So it's difficult to find a use case where you fly enough to not make STE+ while also happen to fly enough and fly enough to airports that don't have PP lounges.

hi55us Jan 26, 18 1:17 pm

Maybe Delta is doing this in an effort to get people to signup for the Reserve Card/Amex Platinum Card.

They very well might get more money from Amex than club memberships...

Collierkr Jan 26, 18 7:08 pm


Originally Posted by trouble747 (Post 29337580)
OK I guess but...wait what was your point again? :D

i donít remember. Just got off a redyeye and couldnít use the club to get coffee 😎

MSPeconomist Jan 29, 18 11:48 am


Originally Posted by trouble747 (Post 29333150)
Pretty huge difference between simply requiring a boarding pass for ANY airline and requiring one for United. And how often is anyone at the airport beyond security without a boarding pass??

Nonrevs plus airline and airport employees, who aren't necessarily flying that day (on any airline).

MSPeconomist Jan 29, 18 12:12 pm

Yes, if a GM+ is flying an international SkyTeam itinerary that day. The SkyTeam lounge access policy doesn't cover domestic SkyTeam flights.

Partners such as VA and VS that aren't SkyTeam members aren't covered by the policy either. In fact, for some cases of VA/VS lounge access PM/DM status is required IIRC.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.