Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thesaints
Thank goodness the SFO-LAX shuttle is 355 miles...
Isn't it 338?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'll have to go through the booking process with a fine-tooth comb and see if there is any mention of reduced service for C+ customers on flights 350 miles or less. There might be a good case for false/misleading advertising.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Isn't it 338?
No... https://fly.qux.us/smcalc/dist.php?route=sfo-lax&start_mqm=0&start_rdm=0&default_fare=T&elite=p eon&default_carrier=DL
Attached Images  

Last edited by Renes Points; Oct 12, 2017 at 11:35 pm Reason: who does not love red arrows to make it clear?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'll have to go through the booking process with a fine-tooth comb and see if there is any mention of reduced service for C+ customers on flights 350 miles or less. There might be a good case for false/misleading advertising.
Per Delta's website (emphasis mine):
In addition to standard onboard fare, you can snack better with Delta Comfort+. Enjoy fresh fruit and other premium snacks on many routes over 900 miles when meal service is not available. Plus, on flights over 250 miles, Starbucks® coffee, beer, wine and spirits for 21+.
It doesn't promise a particular style/brand of beer or wine. The lack of "spirits" is where they might run afoul.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Flew ATL to GNV on an RJ yesterday, and GNV to ATL just now on a full sized jet. C+ seats. When I asked for a beer, FAs said NO alcohol of any kind in C+ on flights under 350 miles. Water or coffee only. I told them that I thought the new policy still allowed beer and wine in C+. They insisted that the policy just changed and C+ gets nothing other than water or coffee.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Flew ATL to GNV on an RJ yesterday, and GNV to ATL just now on a full sized jet. C+ seats. When I asked for a beer, FAs said NO alcohol of any kind in C+ on flights under 350 miles. Water or coffee only. I told them that I thought the new policy still allowed beer and wine in C+. They insisted that the policy just changed and C+ gets nothing other than water or coffee.
Complain to DL. This contradicts the information posted above from delta.dumb. You did not receive the product you purchased.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Complain to DL. This contradicts the information posted above from delta.dumb. You did not receive the product you purchased.
What is the best way to complain about something like this? Is there a customer service line to call, should I just call the diamond line, or do you need to report it on their website?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's an Atlanta phone number for post-travel customer service issues that operates basically during the business week, but the DM line can also handle certain customer service issues.

Alternatively there's the online form on delta.dumb for complaints. I don't know whether the twitter team can deal with something like this.

Maybe others can advise on the pros and cons of the various methods.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
What is the best way to complain about something like this? Is there a customer service line to call, should I just call the diamond line, or do you need to report it on their website?
Please call the diamond line and complain. The other option is to use the comment/complaint link on the top right of delta.com, but as a DM I thin you should call.

This is totally unacceptable and another example of front line staff not fully comprehending policy updates but acting as though they are experts.

Delta should feel the pressure about this. They are selling C+ as it's own cabin with a higher level of service and you were refused that service.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Please call the diamond line and complain. The other option is to use the comment/complaint link on the top right of delta.com, but as a DM I thin you should call.

This is totally unacceptable and another example of front line staff not fully comprehending policy updates but acting as though they are experts.

Delta should feel the pressure about this. They are selling C+ as it's own cabin with a higher level of service and you were refused that service.
Plus DL is acting like C+ is an "upgrade."
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I had a flight late last week that was right at 300 miles.

One of those flights that is a return to ATL from the hinterlands... same aircraft and flight number each way.

CRJ200... just to add to the enjoyment.

FAs were not going to service liquor but one PAX pressed the issue and they relented.

Question 1: Since this was part of a ATL-XXX-ATL routing, 300 miles each way, why was there any liquor provisioned in the first place? I would not be surprised to learn that the same plane ferried back and forth between ATL and XXX all day long.

Question 2: There is only one row, 4 seats, of C+ on a CRJ200. What is so hard with serving 4 drinks on a 300 mile flight?

Somewhat related Question 3: If DL is going to set aside 4 seats on a CRJ200 for a second class of service, why don't they call it FC instead of C+?

Somewhat related observation: As stated above, only 4 C+ seats on a CRJ200. I cleared my "upgrade" just a few hours before flight time. One seat (25%) was used by an FA trainee who was on the flight. Why can't the trainee sit in 2C rather than 1C and free up the C+ seat for a paying PAX?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
[QUOTE=GatorBlues;28935327]Flew ATL to GNV on an RJ yesterday, and GNV to ATL just now on a full sized jet. C+ seats. When I asked for a beer, FAs said NO alcohol of any kind in C+ on flights under 350 miles. Water or coffee only. I told them that I thought the new policy still allowed beer and wine in C+. They insisted that the policy just changed and C+ gets nothing other than water or coffee.[/QUOTE

See this is EXACTLY what I thought would happen with lazy and misinformed FAs
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

I just re-read my post and realized that I wasn't completely clear. The FAs refused to give me a beer on both flights. And, on both flights, they insisted that no alcohol is what the new policy provides.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just re-read my post and realized that I wasn't completely clear. The FAs refused to give me a beer on both flights. And, on both flights, they insisted that no alcohol is what the new policy provides.
That’s still totally wrong! You need to complain and I would even send Allison Ausband (head of DL IFS) a personal e-mail about this as well.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's an Atlanta phone number for post-travel customer service issues that operates basically during the business week, but the DM line can also handle certain customer service issues.

Alternatively there's the online form on delta.dumb for complaints. I don't know whether the twitter team can deal with something like this.

Maybe others can advise on the pros and cons of the various methods.
Call customet service. I found out with a recent issue that while DM line can take a complaint and issue compensation, nothing happens unless you call CS and tell them you want them to look at the issue.

Basically the DM line just puts comments on your ticket, no case file is opened. CS actually opens a case file.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.