FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1871500-delta-modifying-its-beverage-service-c-coach-251-350-mile-flights.html)

Renes Points Oct 11, 2017 10:36 am

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights

From Delta Corp rep reg MAINLINE and DELTA CONNECTION:

Delta is modifying its beverage service in Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin on flights between 251-350 miles to ensure that our flight attendants have the opportunity to serve all of our customers when time is very limited inflight. Due to the short length of these flights, we found that many Main Cabin customers were not receiving snack or beverage service prior to flight attendants having to stow service items and prepare the aircraft for arrival. This feedback drove us to test options, including conducting extensive testing this summer, where we received positive feedback from both customers and flight attendants on this new service.

Additional information:
• The flights that will receive this service are between 251-350 miles. These are flights that in most cases have between 17-21 minutes of workable time to serve the entire cabin.
• Delta Comfort+ customers will now be offered a limited selection of alcoholic beverages, including Miller Lite, SweetWater 420, and Wente red and white wine, as well as a Dasani water bottle, Starbucks coffee and a choice of pretzels or Biscoff cookies; while Main Cabin customers will be offered a Dasani water bottle, Starbucks coffee and choice of pretzels or Biscoff cookies. First Class service will remain the same.
• To ensure customers are aware of this change in service inflight we have developed PAs onboard outlining the express service offerings.
• Delta’s flight attendants are also empowered to use situational flexibility and in all circumstances, if time allows, do their best to meet customer requests. Time permitting, customers will still be able to receive additional alcoholic options for free in Delta Comfort+ and for sale in the Main Cabin.
• At Delta, we are constantly actively listening to our customers and employees, gathering their feedback and testing new products on board to continuously improve the overall experience. Delta will continue to closely monitor customer satisfaction scores and flight attendant feedback for this new service change and make adjustments and improvements to service and product changes as a result of feedback.

Source is my blog: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...-drink-update/

thesaints Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

Thank goodness the SFO-LAX shuttle is 355 miles...

Renes Points Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am

Originally Posted by thesaints (Post 28920153)

...yes but MEM-ATL is 330 :(

javabytes Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am

Keep Climbing :td:

PWMTrav Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points (Post 28920156)
...yes but MEM-ATL is 330 :(

AKA Miller Time.

flyerCO Oct 11, 2017 10:45 am

Yet on CDG/AMS I can get a meal in FC and full beverage service in coach. 248 miles.

Renes Points Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 28920166)

#KeepDescending (fixed that for you) ;)

TTT Oct 11, 2017 10:56 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 28920166)

They did this a number of years ago. IIRC, it was called "Delta's Fast Break" service - juice, coffee, or water were all that was available.

I don't remember the mileage requirements but my usual route was 347 miles and got the "Fast Break" service.

Hoyaheel Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am

RDU-ATL 355 miles. Phew. Since I have that leg on 75% of my flights:p

DCP2016 Oct 11, 2017 11:06 am

"Flight attendant's discretion" means they are going to do the bare minimum. I agree on short flights it isn't enough time to do full cabin service but I doubt they are even going to do this, they probably will only hand out water and maybe a biscoff/pack of pretzels.

However the "limited" alcohol offerings in C+ is just an excuse for them to cheapen out.

MSPeconomist Oct 11, 2017 11:07 am

Does this include DeltaConnection flights?

minnyfly Oct 11, 2017 11:23 am

Pathetic. But maybe they will actually try to serve people in this mileage range instead of using the "short duration" excuse to sit in their jumpseats the entire flight. The truth is that these routes often didn't get service anyway. It's pure laziness, and now corporate wants to make sure to bank on those cost savings.

It's really sad when WN has no problems working hard to provide everyone personalized drink/snack service on the likes of LAS-LAX/PHX (237, 256 miles), yet on DL you can't bank on just a drink on MSP-ORD (335 miles).

Originally Posted by thesaints (Post 28920153)

I bet you that's one reason the limit isn't any farther than 350 miles. No way they cook that goose.

PWMTrav Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28920178)
Yet on CDG/AMS I can get a meal in FC and full beverage service in coach. 248 miles.

Yup, flew that earlier this year (after IRROPS turned FLR-CDG-BOS into BLQ-CDG-AMS-BOS) and was pleasantly surprised. Also had a 3 course meal, albeit in business, on FLR-ZRH (284 mi) last year I think.

Renes Points Oct 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28920279)
Does this include DeltaConnection flights?

I believe so yes but have sent a follow up to Delta rep to ask. Unless I update this comment expect mainline + connect!

Duke787 Oct 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel (Post 28920244)
RDU-ATL 355 miles. Phew. Since I have that leg on 75% of my flights:p

My first thought exactly, phew, let's just hope it doesn't eventually expand to cover RDU - ATL (or that they don't put those mild stretch cases into the 251-350 bucket) but it does mean my rare GSO - ATL flight will now be excluded.

Though of course on many of these flights (especially if regional) it's irrelevant since they don't stock Woodford (or they stock 1-2 bottles and it's taken by F first which is fair).