Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL can always decide that the airports moved five miles closer to each other.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Flew BKK-Chang Mai in Bangkok Airways (362 Miles).
Served full meal, beverage, and coffee/tea service on the flight.

Not even an ME3 carrier Bastian whines about.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
If they're actually handing out bottles of water vs. just coming through with a big water bottle I'd actually consider that a plus.

The limited selection for C+ is funny though because they made a huge deal about every flight having C+ available but on CRJ100/200s C+ are the same crappy seats with a hard bulkhead that means you don't even have the normal amount of legroom, much less extra and now they're even dialing back the drink service to those seats. Why even bother pretending those seats are C+? I'd be beyond pissed if I was a non-elite who actually paid for those seats and got no extra legroom and no extra service.
Renes Points and hi55us like this.
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
We’ve been discussing this already in the domestic meals thread so feel free to merge that into this as it does deserve it’s own topic/convo.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i have no problem with this change provided that it is actually executed as outlined here. what i fear will happen is that "due to the expected short duration of this flight and turbulence en route [regardless of the weather], nothing will be served in C+ or MC". time will tell.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yet on CDG/AMS I can get a meal in FC and full beverage service in coach. 248 miles.
CDG-LHR is also short (217 miles) and AF serves a sandwich in coach with any choice of drink, and full meal in Business.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
I've seen the KLM FA's doing full service for all coach pax this year on legs like AMS-MAN (302 miles), AMS-CDG (248 miles), AMS-BHX (275 miles) and somehow doing a second beverage round in coach for MAN-AMS earlier this year.

And now Delta claims it's not possible for a PNS-ATL (272 miles) or a MEM-ATL (332 miles) leg? That's dissapointing.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
We’ve been discussing this already in the domestic meals thread so feel free to merge that into this as it does deserve it’s own topic/convo.
I disagree, this is a distinct topic from domestic meals.
SDQBound likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i have no problem with this change provided that it is actually executed as outlined here. what i fear will happen is that "due to the expected short duration of this flight and turbulence en route [regardless of the weather], nothing will be served in C+ or MC". time will tell.
Have a feeling we will hear a lot of “due to” on 350 mile routes and less.
Always wonder how foreign airlines provide service and US Airlines can’t.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I agree with you and asked for that discussion from domestic meals to be merged into this thread as a result because it does deserve its own topic (please read).

This is old news anyway as I shared the details yesterday.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Duke787
Though of course on many of these flights (especially if regional) it's irrelevant since they don't stock Woodford (or they stock 1-2 bottles and it's taken by F first which is fair).
Funny - a couple flights back, husband and I were in 1st (pd tix, leisure travel) and each ordered Woodford- they actually had to go to the Main Class trolley to get them because none had been catered in first
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Reading comprehension is key. Tis better thought a fool then type out and prove it.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
KL manages to do service on AMS-NWI, 150 miles.

DL is trying their best to make that Emirates ad even more accurate. This just emboldens the culture of laziness among DL FAs. I actually prefer RJ operators for this reason. Their younger, more energetic FAs tend to actually care.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I can't speak to every European carrier on every service, but I believe that most have higher crewing requirements typically meaning that there is one more FA for a given-sized aircraft.

That's great, but don't expect US carriers to follow suit at a time when the pressure is to cut costs and hold fares.

An extra FA on a micro-haul isn't the place where staffing is handled.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Here's a thought. Just give people the can and let them pour it! What a load of crap.
Renes Points likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.