Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ground Crew Member Scans Boarding Passes at Gate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ground Crew Member Scans Boarding Passes at Gate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At SYR, I've seen them close the check in counter so that the employees could go to work the gate. You wouldn't think it would happen in an airport of that size, which was DC-9 service at the time.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At SYR, I've seen them close the check in counter so that the employees could go to work the gate. You wouldn't think it would happen in an airport of that size, which was DC-9 service at the time.
But, the DC-9 could do a power back off of the gate.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fgirard
Recently (as of late May) GRK (Killeen, TX) had 2 GAs. One to handle with check-in, and the other one to handle boarding, but since the weather in IAH was not wanting to cooperate, the GA at the gate sent people who were going to be re-booked for tomorrow back to the check-in counter while he was handling the flight. But, they were so streamlined (read: no other aircraft around), that instead of pushing back, he swung the jetway far enough back to allow our flight to taxi out of the ramp.
GFK is same way. Designed so no need gor pushback. The jetway just moves out of the way.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not surprised. When I lived near BTV it was routine to see the check-in agent become the GA and then become the baggage loader or some other combination.

At the even smaller outstations it's not atypical to see the same person carry all of those roles for multiple airlines (with the person in question working for some other company like Swissport or Goldair).

​​​
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Flown in and out of FSM a few times. GA checks you in, scans the boarding pass, and helps with the bags for gate valet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.