Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 8:16 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Maybe, some schedule changes took place on Friday this week?
Old May 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
I cannot see other cabins for my TATL trip later today ... but CAN see both cabins on the return a few weeks out. (sorry for the huge image ... cannot seem to reduce it easily)
Attached Images  
Old May 20, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Where I'm already in F (GUC, buy up or original purchase) I can only see F seats.
With 1 exception where I have an FCM offer (already in C+) I can see all open seats in all cabins.
The exception is that I have an FCM offer on the flight that's been going through changes with an RUC pending on the return and I can't see any open seats in any cabin.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Delta is telling me directly that this is the way it is supposed to be. "It's not a glitch." That's a direct quote from Delta.

They got to the point where their responses became exactly the same; copy & paste replies.

Again...they know about this and want it that way. As I explain in my article I believe it's an effort to make people 'buy up' to first class.

From Delta:

'The availability along with all the space still can be seen by all customers? Just in a different way? Not via the "manage my seats"as it only pretends to seats you can manage but if you simply search for a new flight or just ask us here we can share that info? "

They used this exact response three times during my correspondence with them.

Last edited by laptoptravel; May 20, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Old May 20, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
CarmenOM, I don't think it's a glitch and GatorBlues, I too am totally annoyed. We should let Delta know. Another example of Delta being less transparent and less customer friendly. With less info, it's a pain to have to go through extra steps to manage your travel.

Prior to booking flights last night for me and my husband, I saw that there were plenty of C+ and first class seats available, so I checked the box for C+ upgrades during the booking process. After booking, there were no C+ upgrades done automatically, so I went online to check the C+ available seats again....and saw they were all grayed out, along with the first class section.

I calked Delta elite line and the rep changed our seats to C+. I also spent some time time discussing this negative change and asked him to make my comments known. I asked for a rationale as to the reason for this change and he could offer none.......no possible explanation as to the advantage for this change for either the customer, or Delta. All he could say is yes, there was a programming change and now you won't see seats in C+ or First when your seat is in economy. I guess they don't think we have a need to see that info.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
On the very first page, where you view the list of flight choices, there's a link that says "View Seats", and it shows the seat map for the whole plane. Still a pain, though.
DL still maintains it's mobile website at m.delta.com which is pretty quick for making dummy bookings on a PC or mobile. After selecting your flight, you can pick between cabins and then click "View Seats" to show open seats.
Attached Images    
Old May 20, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Where I'm already in F (GUC, buy up or original purchase) I can only see F seats.
With 1 exception where I have an FCM offer (already in C+) I can see all open seats in all cabins.
The exception is that I have an FCM offer on the flight that's been going through changes with an RUC pending on the return and I can't see any open seats in any cabin.
Thank you...(and everyone) for the datapoints. The more we share perhaps more we may understand.

Delta definitely knows about this and a second department in Delta has now replied that this "is not a glitch."
Old May 20, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Perhaps they want to increase upgrade revenue by getting suckers to buy an upgrade and then shove them in a middle seat?
Old May 20, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Griffin Wright
Perhaps they want to increase upgrade revenue by getting suckers to buy an upgrade and then shove them in a middle seat?
On all my flights where there is an upgrade available for purchase (to F) it is showing available F seats as well. I don't know if I'm an outlier, but the experience here does not seem to be consistent. I've currently got 6 domestic flights booked (already upgraded to C+), and all 6 flights are showing F upgrade offers and available F seats. I can also see all available Main Cabin seats.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On three itineraries, I'm showing the grayed out seats in all cabins except where I'm confirmed.

In fact, on intraEU AF and KLM flights, there aren't even any seats in gray--it's as if the aircraft only has about a half dozen rows, all business class.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
On all my flights where there is an upgrade available for purchase (to F) it is showing available F seats as well. I don't know if I'm an outlier, but the experience here does not seem to be consistent. I've currently got 6 domestic flights booked (already upgraded to C+), and all 6 flights are showing F upgrade offers and available F seats. I can also see all available Main Cabin seats.
Not only is the experience inconsistent from one person to another, within the one reservation the seat map display changes almost daily, sometimes showing only certain fare class availability, sometimes all availability, sometimes none.
Old May 20, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
If only DL could be like UA and show the seat map, along with the upgrade list on the flight status section of the app.

If only.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:05 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
If only DL could be like UA and show the seat map, along with the upgrade list on the flight status section of the app.

If only.
Attached Images  
Old May 20, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
This should come as no surprise.

For years now, Virginia Ave has been implementing policies that reduce or prevent the availability of information that helps the PAX.

It is clear that they see an informed consumer to be a disadvantage to them.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I have a RUC waitlisted. In the good ole days seeing a duplicate seatmap was evidence the request had been coded correctly.
Now I only see a single seatmap limited to C+. Wondering if it is this new IT, or if the certificate was not applied correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.