Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by huskerchad
The app update today (iOS) appears to have reversed this and more. I can see all cabin availability and in addition can get offers to buy up on the flights where I'm not already in F by selecting a seat in that cabin.
Not sure it is 'working'. ATL-MCO-ATL all is greyed out(6 seats in FC going and 13 return). Can't choose/see anything but C+. ATL-ROC-ATL I can see whole map. Click into FC and it says "You have selected C+ please choose C+. Manage Medallion Upgrades".

The idea of it working as choose single seat and it offers deal is nice though.

Untitled by https://www.flickr.com/photos/dinanm3atl/, on Flickr
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Not sure it is 'working'. ATL-MCO-ATL all is greyed out(6 seats in FC going and 13 return). Can't choose/see anything but C+. ATL-ROC-ATL I can see whole map. Click into FC and it says "You have selected C+ please choose C+. Manage Medallion Upgrades".

The idea of it working as choose single seat and it offers deal is nice though.

Untitled by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr
Not sure how this jives with everyone else's results on this but:

1) I have ATLBCN booked in Delta One and I cannot see any coach seat availability that DO show when going through the booking process.
2) I have C+ booked on a couple domestic flights and, I am able to see available seats in all compartments.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:19 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by NoleATL
Not sure how this jives with everyone else's results on this but:

1) I have ATLBCN booked in Delta One and I cannot see any coach seat availability that DO show when going through the booking process.
2) I have C+ booked on a couple domestic flights and, I am able to see available seats in all compartments.
This is essentially my experience with the new app. For my upcoming domestic and international D1 flights I can only see D1, everything else is greyed out both online and in the app.

For my upcoming domestic SU flights I can now see all seats in the app whereas previously I could strangely see First, C+, and non-preferred Main Cabin but not preferred Main Cabin.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
Looking closer I see different things happening. Flight home later this week and another domestic later this month I am in SU or RU. I can see all cabins.

Flight in September I am in SU and can see nothing but the C+ cabin.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Just booked a flight this morning for 4th of July week and cleared into SU which is fine, but I wanted to switch to MC on the return to sit next to my mom who is on separate pnr going to different city on final leg...had to call in, they wouldn't let her move up with me, but they switched me back to her...

Oh and it keeps deleting my FC ug request on the outbound which I'm flying solo...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I upgraded the app (iPhone) and it still has the other cabins grayed out on Delta mainline flights.

For some reason on my return flight this Sunday I got bumped out of my aisle C+ bulkhead seat into a Window seat still in C+. Since this is a connection carrier I am able to see the other cabins and noticed an entire exit row is open and selected the aisle exit row and it is telling me I can only select seats in my ticketed class of service
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Data points: in the app my upcoming flights break down as follows:

1. nonstop cash ticket, upgraded to RU: C+ cabin is greyed out (and it's not full), but curiously I can see C- seats

2. nonstop award ticket, upgraded to SU/WU, can only see the C+ cabin (F/C- are greyed out)

3. same as above

4. cash ticket, upgraded to SU/WU, can see all 3 cabins on both segments

5. non-stop cash ticket, upgraded to SU/WU, can see all 3 cabins

6. cash ticket, WFBF, I can see F cabin but C+/C- are greyed out on both segments
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it seems that inconsistency is the only attribute we can consistently associate with Delta IT
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Delta...I travel with co-workers or family members on many of my trips and they are in different cabins...It is helpful to see whats open on the seat map as we move people to closer seats together...please add back this functionality
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:01 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Zorak
1. nonstop cash ticket, upgraded to RU: C+ cabin is greyed out (and it's not full), but curiously I can see C- seats
This, I believe, is because you can use the seatmap to directly downgrade to Main Cabin but to get into C+ you'd have to request the upgrade from Main Cabin, therefore C+ is greyed out.

It's all just incredibly stupid. I still haven't heard a single convincing argument in 11 pages as to how this could benefit Delta and it really sucks to take this information away from their customers
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by C W
This, I believe, is because you can use the seatmap to directly downgrade to Main Cabin but to get into C+ you'd have to request the upgrade from Main Cabin, therefore C+ is greyed out.

It's all just incredibly stupid. I still haven't heard a single convincing argument in 11 pages as to how this could benefit Delta and it really sucks to take this information away from their customers
Another data point, upgraded when I read above the seats greyed out was fixed - not so on my current reservation which I'm in the middle of flying. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still greyed out.

Also, some boarding passes have disappeared. And boarding pass for gate upgrade this morning doesn't appear - tells me to print at airport kiosk.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
hmmmmmm

ya learn something new every day, I guess ... doing almost exclusively WFBF for the past year has put me out of the loop of UG strategizing
I'm a bit late to the party but I agree. It is just easier to purchase the F seat rather than playing games. If you book a few weeks in advance you can usually find a good F fare.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm a bit late to the party but I agree. It is just easier to purchase the F seat rather than playing games. If you book a few weeks in advance you can usually find a good F fare.
That'd be great if one's company allowed it and didn't require use of a travel portal to enforce the rules...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Some data point might be useless.

4 trip all SU
OW - See all
Multi city - See all
RT - Grey Out
RT - Grey Out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.