Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Negative Change by Delta: Blocking Seat Maps for Other Cabins

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 6:18 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by DrCordell
I can confirm that phone agents would seem to be unaware of this new change. Flying back FLL-LGA today, check my email last night to check in. My girlfriend and I were "upgraded" from a pair of exit row seats to a pair of C+ middle seats in separate rows.

Now that C+ is its own cabin (LMFAO), it's impossible to change back to a seat in regular coach. Call the phone line for assistance. Proceed to be told by the agent that there are "no seats available" in the main cabin. I had to explain (despite multiple protestations) that I could assure her our original seats were still available, as I had pulled up a new itinerary on Delta.com and could purchase the seat I wanted immediately.

Long story long, it took 20 minutes and multiple assists from a "supervisor" for the agent to gain visibility into the main cabin. What a joke.
Wow, pretty astonishing that agents are similarly hobbled. Very strange, here's hoping it's a big glitch. There is no way that taking away that information from agents can help Delta. Just for your issue they wasted 40 minutes of staff time (agent+supervisor).
Old May 30, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by C W
Wow, pretty astonishing that agents are similarly hobbled. Very strange, here's hoping it's a big glitch. There is no way that taking away that information from agents can help Delta. Just for your issue they wasted 40 minutes of staff time (agent+supervisor).
Taking away from actual support agents would be a HUGE oversight...
Old May 30, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrCordell
I can confirm that phone agents would seem to be unaware of this new change. Flying back FLL-LGA today, check my email last night to check in. My girlfriend and I were "upgraded" from a pair of exit row seats to a pair of C+ middle seats in separate rows.

Now that C+ is its own cabin (LMFAO), it's impossible to change back to a seat in regular coach. Call the phone line for assistance. Proceed to be told by the agent that there are "no seats available" in the main cabin. I had to explain (despite multiple protestations) that I could assure her our original seats were still available, as I had pulled up a new itinerary on Delta.com and could purchase the seat I wanted immediately.

Long story long, it took 20 minutes and multiple assists from a "supervisor" for the agent to gain visibility into the main cabin. What a joke.
I have personally downgraded myself back to main cabin from C+ after the changes, so the issue is not affecting everyone. What is unclear is why some people can still see available main cabin seats and can downgrade themselves while others cannot. But it is definitely not universal. Also, the most recent T&C's for complimentary upgrades mention the ability to self-downgrade to Main Cabin starting May 19th. See here --

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-upgrades.html

Last edited by xliioper; May 30, 2017 at 10:15 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I am upstairs on a upcoming 747 flight and I can't even see the first class seats downstairs. I don't get it.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:10 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I have a multicity trip starting tomorrow, after checkin I can't see any seats outside of my own cabin on any of the flights. Yesterday before checkin I could see all seats just fine.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
I'm not seeing any cabins other than what I've booked on eight upcoming trips. Even funnier, I have applied an RUC to one of them, and the "ghost map" is completely blacked out. What's the point? It seems silly if intentional.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:46 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by estedman
I am upstairs on a upcoming 747 flight and I can't even see the first class seats downstairs. I don't get it.
This is absurd and you're not even getting what you've paid for...
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
I have personally downgraded myself back to main cabin from C+ after the changes, so the issue is not affecting everyone. What is unclear is why some people can still see available main cabin seats and can downgrade themselves while others cannot. But it is definitely not universal.
I've got two upcoming trips and I can see the full seat map on the first but not the second. Not sure if it's due to dates (this weekend v next month), because the second is a multi-city rather than round-trip, or what. I've got SU on all the legs but one, and it's pretty amusing to have a blacked-out economy map on a CRJ because I got moved into the first row.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:46 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by pvn
I have a multicity trip starting tomorrow, after checkin I can't see any seats outside of my own cabin on any of the flights. Yesterday before checkin I could see all seats just fine.
FWIW, I'm no longer getting FCM offers on the other flights that I haven't checked in for. I am guessing this is related to the seat map being hidden.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:47 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by estedman
For the 747, the website will only show one floor at a time. You have to open the pull-down menu (it will say "business class - upper deck") and then select the main deck.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
FWIW, I'm no longer getting FCM offers on the other flights that I haven't checked in for. I am guessing this is related to the seat map being hidden.
Yes. ATL-MCO-ATL had offers for all. Same number of seats on dummy booking. All the offers went away. I have none on any of 6 trips. At least 1/2 had them previously.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a trip scheduled in Sep (to NCE), and am still seeing upgrade offers on all the domestic segments with F (3 segments). In C+ on all and can see available seats in both Main Cabin and F. No upgrade offers on JFK-NCE and NCE-JFK flights and cannot see D1 availability, but I can see available main cabin seats. I'm on a return SEA-DTW flight on Wednesday and no longer have an upgrade offer for that and can no longer see open F or main cabin seats.

Seems pretty clear to me that the intent is to block visibility for seats in higher classes of service when there are no upgrade offers, but there is a bug that is blocking visibility in both higher and lower classes of service when there are no upgrade offers. The exception for me is on TATL routes (where C+ is not a separate fare class) where I can still see main cabin seats even though there are no D1 upgrade offers. Likely due to the fact that it still thinks I'm in main cabin due to C+ not being a separate fare class.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 5, 2017 at 11:06 am
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
I'm not seeing any cabins other than what I've booked on eight upcoming trips. Even funnier, I have applied an RUC to one of them, and the "ghost map" is completely blacked out. What's the point? It seems silly if intentional.
Using a RUC as well and only 3 of segments cleared when on the phone.
The one that didn't the ghost map is all grayed out also.

4 upcoming trips and can only see the seats for the cabin I am in.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by apodo77
Using a RUC as well and only 3 of segments cleared when on the phone.
The one that didn't the ghost map is all grayed out also.

4 upcoming trips and can only see the seats for the cabin I am in.
For the RUC that didn't clear, do you still see "Upgrade Waitlisted" on your PNR on DL.com? Mine disappeared with the new "SU" fare class thing. DL agents claim that everything is still in order, but I'd prefer FT confirmation.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
The app update today (iOS) appears to have reversed this and more. I can see all cabin availability and in addition can get offers to buy up on the flights where I'm not already in F by selecting a seat in that cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.