Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" MSP SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Honestly, DL needs a new club in MSP. The F/G lounge has no view and feels like large room with nothing breaking it up. Plus, the bathroom are nasty. The C lounge is still much nicer, but needs new bathrooms.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:55 pm

SC Soap Swap

Rolled through MSP yesterday and noticed the Malin + Goetz lime soap bottles were refilled with generic product.

It was both F/G and C SC mens rooms.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
There’s some renovation of the food area underway at MSP. The previous (last week) food area beyond the bar is now behind walls and a temporary food service area has been set up down by the old exit to G.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Rolled through MSP yesterday and noticed the Malin + Goetz lime soap bottles were refilled with generic product.

I noted this in the "stupidest complaints" thread a few weeks back. Sad that this hasn't changed!
Ysitincoach likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Was at MSP-F/G today and shocked to see the new food area walled off.....what the heck happened?!

this club was just “redone”

i saw saw the make shift area and it was boiling hot

Last edited by AANYC1981; Aug 8, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

i noticed this too when the non-clear liquid came out.....literally had to pause and figure out which pump I had pressed. Not a big deal but this just continues the theme of Delta Marketing touting all these investments only not able to deliver or keep up with their supply chain: S&P shakers, silver napkin roll ups, no more PJs to Asia......the losses continues to go on to cut costs.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
I was told this morning that a counter broke in the food line and has to be replaced. It will be closed for 2.5 weeks. Food is basically the same.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Still bad after all these years

So here I am now after googling 'skyclub msp sucks.' It has been shocking me for years that this club can take items that are standard across all clubs, e.g. the soups, and make them taste terrible. Give them creative leeway to actually cook something like tonight's chicken fajitas and it is disastrous. Even if the chicke had been tasty only tortillas were supplied. Where were rice and beans to make a decent chicken fajita taco. This location just needs to give up on hot foods. I concur with all of the other negative comments. The only positive comment I have is it is better than being out in the gate area.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
If only they did local foods like wild rice soup (they have in the past), walleye fish, fried cheese curds, some hot dish of some sort, and Miss Richfield 1981's Lime Green Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise!!
In2ishn, BenA, jdrtravel and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
There’s an actual new SkyClub coming in 2021. Construction starts next year.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by Gig103
For those who have access to MSP Skyclub (DeltaOne), Escape Lounge (Amex), and PGA Club (PP), which is recommended for a 3 hour layover over lunch?
Unless you want to use the $15 credit they give you to golf skip the PGA Lounge. Lots of construction, little value in food or drink. Non-Alcoholic drinks and basic bagged munchies free. All else costs $. The restaurants under the club are being rebranded and rebuilt so nowhere good to apply the $15 credit.

As MSPeconomist suggests start at Escape (their bulgogi isn’t too bad at night) then go to SC closest to your gate.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Unless you want to use the $15 credit they give you to golf skip the PGA Lounge. Lots of construction, little value in food or drink. Non-Alcoholic drinks and basic bagged munchies free. All else costs $. The restaurants under the club are being rebranded and rebuilt so nowhere good to apply the $15 credit.

As MSPeconomist suggests start at Escape (their bulgogi isn’t too bad at night) then go to SC closest to your gate.
Ive been an advocate of Escape MSP since they dumped Priority Pass, but it's been slipping lately. It's so hard to criticize these businesses over their team these days, but they've gotten fairly bad at that lounge. Examples: some bartenders are clueless about their bar, cooks come out and loudly talk to other employees (not just one time, see it very often), tables left un-bused for long periods.

Most of the food is still good and it is still usually not too crowded, so it still beats the SC, but it has taken a step back lately.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest
So here I am now after googling 'skyclub msp sucks.' It has been shocking me for years that this club can take items that are standard across all clubs, e.g. the soups, and make them taste terrible. Give them creative leeway to actually cook something like tonight's chicken fajitas and it is disastrous. Even if the chicke had been tasty only tortillas were supplied. Where were rice and beans to make a decent chicken fajita taco. This location just needs to give up on hot foods. I concur with all of the other negative comments. The only positive comment I have is it is better than being out in the gate area.
Yup, the MSP clubs are tragic. For the hub Delta holds the most pricing power over, it’s not surprising they haven’t bothered to invest there, but it is disappointing.

Combine with bad concessions choices and a positively crazy terminal layout designed by a madman - and the 12:40 AM redeye from Seattle with only three hours to sleep that should be illegal under the Geneva convention - and I avoid MSP these days unless there are positively no other options left :/

If you do end up there, I concur with others that the Escape Lounge is your best bet. Just keep in mind the bathrooms are ancient, poorly maintained, and hidden in a hallway outside the lounge - so you may want to go in the terminal before visiting the lounge.
In2ishn and Flaneurs like this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BenA
Yup, the MSP clubs are tragic. For the hub Delta holds the most pricing power over, it’s not surprising they haven’t bothered to invest there, but it is disappointing.
I see this argument on the DL forums a lot. E.g., it was made (analogously) several times in a recent thread about ATL. The argument usually goes: look at DL's huge market share in its hub XXX. Given that market share, it must have considerable pricing power.

IMO, the argument has little virtue. DL doesn't have all that much pricing power in its hubs. MSP has between 40 and 45% connecting pax, ATL has around 65% connecting pax. These people might very well connect elsewhere. Say, CLT, MIA or NYC in the case of ATL; or CHI in case of MSP (obv depending on where they originate and end, these are just examples).

I don't think a reasonable picture of competitiveness will emerge from looking at market shares at hub airports.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
I will have a whopping 8 hours to kill in a few weeks in MSP. Arriving early around 6 AM from ANC, not departing until around 2 PM to ICN. Which of the clubs, F/G or C would everyone recommend for a long stay? Never visited any of the Clubs in MSP. Surprising as I have connected there tons, but never this long of a wait. And I used to enjoy the great drinks at Ike's but with them closed I need to find another way to pass the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.