Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" MSP SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
So is there any REAL FOOD at either MSP sky club now? Or should I go to PGA lounge for that? Layover is 2-5pm
Yes, the F/G club now has a hot pasta + protein side (mac and cheese + chicken or penne + meatballs).
italdesign likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by italdesign
So is there any REAL FOOD at either MSP sky club now? Or should I go to PGA lounge for that? Layover is 2-5pm
In the afternoon there's usually the following:

2 kinds of soup with condiments to add
Assorted raw vegetables and greens
At least two kinds of salad (chicken, tuna, pasta or other grain, etc.)
Hot chicken or meatballs
Hot pasta
Two types of cheese in cubes
Crackers of some sort
Cookies, usually two kinds
A couple of snack mixtures
Popcorn
Fruit

Occasionally there is some sort of novelty food, such as ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce, special sweets, or lemonade.

This is what I've seen in the F/G club. I haven't been to the C club recently.
italdesign likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
The old DL lounge could not be older than the PMNW lounge in the international terminal.

Even if DL still flew SFO-NRT, that flight would have been out of Boarding Area A in the International Terminal and not Boarding Area C of the South Terminal, which is where DL's gates and SkyClub are located.
My sense is that people want the shower after an international flight, so that they would be waiting for their domestic connecting flights in the domestic terminal lounge.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Food selection is better now. The attitude is certain not customer nor Minnesota-nice: Had a delayed flight recently and was yelled across the room that "you've got 3 minutes left before we close!"
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Food selection is better now. The attitude is certain not customer nor Minnesota-nice: Had a delayed flight recently and was yelled across the room that "you've got 3 minutes left before we close!"
Agree. I feel like they were only half hearted in upgrading this club. One thing i miss that i thought would've been brought in - a fresh OJ squeezing machine like at other SCs.

Also wish they'd bring back the backdoor enterance/exit. One enterance to that place just isn't enough.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wish they would bring back the small quiet zone near what once was the back door.

Also, the buffet location and layout doesn't seem to be well designed in that access to food and utensils always seems to be blocked, although sometimes the problem is someone standing in the pathway talking on a cell phone rather than moving.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I feel like they were only half hearted in upgrading this club.
I don't think you can even say that the club was upgraded. The food service area was remodeled. The rest of the club, including the over crowded and messy looking seating area and the severely outdated restrooms are untouched. I feel like I'm walking through a furniture clearance store in there. They need to somehow double the size and create some open spaces so it does not feel so crowded.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
For those who have access to MSP Skyclub (DeltaOne), Escape Lounge (Amex), and PGA Club (PP), which is recommended for a 3 hour layover over lunch?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:24 am

I've never been to the PGA lounge, but my plan would be to start in Escape and then move to the F/G SC nearer departure time for the announcements and proximity to the gates used for international flights.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't think you can even say that the club was upgraded. The food service area was remodeled. The rest of the club, including the over crowded and messy looking seating area and the severely outdated restrooms are untouched. I feel like I'm walking through a furniture clearance store in there. They need to somehow double the size and create some open spaces so it does not feel so crowded.
Furniture cleariance store!!! That is exactly the way I feel about it, but was unable to put my finger on the exact words. Now I will know immediately what I am walking into. Thanks! If my gates are anywhere near the Escape Lounge, I go there, then my second choice is the C12 Sky Club, then this one. It is horrible.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:40 am

Despite the remodel, I find the food service areas in the MSP F/G SC to be very badly designed and frustrating. For example, it's much harder to get water now that it's in the corner than when it was on the end of the bar. Usually one person blocks access to most of the L-shaped nonadult beverage area. On the food side, it's a similar problem with everyone needing to get plates, food, and utensils from the same limited amount of counter space with one sided access. In fact, most of them time some idiot is standing there yelling into a cell phone and neither paying attention to the food nor moving out of the way.

The furniture looked messy, worn, and stained a month after it was delivered. The fabrics and other materials that were selected are simply not suitable for high use areas.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Delta has been doing as little as possible to maintain the MSP hub -- the Sky Clubs are a great example of this.

Contrast that with what they've been doing in other hubs and you can see that MSP is purely in "maintenance mode". From a pure dollars and cents standpoint, I guess it makes sense: squeeze as much from a hub captive audience as possible while spending as little as necessary to keep the operation moving.

Most of the improvements to MSP are (and have been) coming from the airport commission itself.

If you want change, you'll either need to write in to Delta or vote with your dollars. Or both.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:33 am

Yet it's always been said that the MSP hub is extremely profitable.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
MN Nice would be if that person said cheerfully "Hi, please be aware that we're closing soon." and then said to a co-worker that you are the worst and shouldn't come in to the club so late.
puck021, In2ishn and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I heard from a MSP Airports Commission planning guy that the next big project at MSP is to extend the G concourse, build an International Terminal at the far end, renovate the G concourse, add a train type people mover above the entire concourse, AND add a new, larger SC with deck as a part of that project. Apparently this will be built where the new connection between the C concourse and the new hotel will meet the International Terminal when built and extended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.