Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" MSP SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
It's totally disappointing that a hub station with quite a few international flights to AMS, HND, Canada has such a poor lounge.
I assume it is due to lack of competition, but ATL has gotten more investment. And while your point about it being intl is true, I don't think MSP has nearly the amount of international flights that the other hubs do. There are really not any overseas flights to any non-hub locations.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
The only upper deck I can recall seeing and being in, at least going back several decades were the old indoor observation decks on what is now F currently occupied by ramp operations. The old G club was about where parts of current FIS area is and did not have second level. Also the old F/Red club that you can still see the entrance was single level. The old D/Green was also only single level. Note F & G were closed when the current location was added in between the F & G connector. IIRC the D was closed around when new C was opened.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by hooverer
The only upper deck I can recall seeing and being in, at least going back several decades were the old indoor observation decks on what is now F currently occupied by ramp operations. The old G club was about where parts of current FIS area is and did not have second level. Also the old F/Red club that you can still see the entrance was single level. The old D/Green was also only single level. Note F & G were closed when the current location was added in between the F & G connector. IIRC the D was closed around when new C was opened.
I didn't know NWA had that many clubs at one point at MSP. Were they nice?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I didn't know NWA had that many clubs at one point at MSP. Were they nice?
By current FT standards would have been considered dumps

They were ok, served their purpose, some better than others, smaller or personable with better views, especially compared to current F/G.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hooverer
By current FT standards would have been considered dumps

They were ok, served their purpose, some better than others, smaller or personable with better views, especially compared to current F/G.
MSP F/G is my candidate for worst SC in the entire system. Even the ATL D SkyCloset has a view.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
MSP F/G is my candidate for worst SC in the entire system. Even the ATL D SkyCloset has a view.
ATL has 9 clubs. MSP only has two. I also can't think of a location with nastier restrooms either.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:13 am

It's certainly the worst main SC at a major international airport. Some small clubs like FLL are not great, but are at least more in line with what one would expect for a small station like that.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
JFK was a dump, but I haven't been there in about 5 years, and it seems like it's gotten less worse.
JFK clubs are now good. T4 is just a few years old and very nice, and the old T2 club was renovated...not to the level of some of the brand new ones, but it got all new furniture, paint, carpeting and lighting, and they redid the bar area.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
ATL has 9 clubs. MSP only has two. I also can't think of a location with nastier restrooms either.
It's ironic that the SC has such bad restrooms when MSP airport itself has exceptional restrooms that are #1 on some kind of national public restroom ranking.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: delta dm
Any chance MSP will have showers in the future......they will never be a player and top any SC list until they do so.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:49 pm

The sad part is the contract club, Escape, at MSP is quite good. I've not been to the MSP Sky Club, but from what I'm seeing Escape might be the better choice.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
The sad part is the contract club, Escape, at MSP is quite good. I've not been to the MSP Sky Club, but from what I'm seeing Escape might be the better choice.
The Escape lounge has gone downhill lately IMO. Last few times I've been through the food bar has been messy and the food not fresh. The staff doesn't seem all that attentive either. The only thing it has going for it is the excellent views of the ramp, and the usual abundance of seating.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I assume it is due to lack of competition, but ATL has gotten more investment. And while your point about it being intl is true, I don't think MSP has nearly the amount of international flights that the other hubs do. There are really not any overseas flights to any non-hub locations.
SFO has no international flights on DL and they have showers at their SC. It's unacceptable that stations like MSP, DTW, BOS all have 5+ international flights and the most basic of SC's. Heck, I don't even think DTW has a SC with a Premium Bar does it?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
SFO has no international flights on DL and they have showers at their SC. It's unacceptable that stations like MSP, DTW, BOS all have 5+ international flights and the most basic of SC's. Heck, I don't even think DTW has a SC with a Premium Bar does it?
DTW at least has showers, but no premium bar. BOS has a premium bar, but no showers. MSP has neither.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:24 pm

DTW at least has showers, but no premium bar. BOS has a premium bar, but no showers. MSP has neither.
MSP has a premium bar, unless it was removed with the remodel, but I doubt that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.