Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Here's one that might be a legitimate gripe.

On an A330 this week, sitting on the right side of the plane in comfort plus. A passenger in row 20-something (forward of the lavs) has a minor medical emergency and people are in the aisle helping, blocking access to the rear/middle lavs. .... happens, right? The problem is that the cabin crew would not allow those of us sitting forward of the emergency access to the galley between Delta One & Comfort Plus to either cross over to the other economy aisle or use the D1 lav. Basically we were completely prohibited from using the lav for ~30 minutes because they wouldn't move the carts being used to prep D1 meal service.

Is this worth submitting an official complaint?
This is where I ask for a cup to pee in because I can’t wait a minute longer and I’m not going to wet myself.

Never fails.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I filed a complaint.

I'm also having minor panic attacks all day today because I got home last night from a very short connection in AMS to find my luggage did not make it on the plane with me.

It supposedly was sent via DL 47 this morning but the tracking info is still not showing any updates 2 hours after that flight landed. I have 6 bottles of expensive wine in there and I'm worried customs will have sticky fingers.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Was able to make my connection ATL-STL yesterday (barely) after being delayed TPA-ATL but the app still sent me a notification to check in for the 11:41am ATL-STL flight it was tryingt o rebook me on.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
When I get the website to automatically add flights to my calendar, it doesn't show timezones or duration.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Returning home from MRY today but departing from SJC. There was no traffic on the commute up and so I’ve had to kill almost three hours with no SkyClub (too early to visit Apple’s Spaceship Campus). Also, DL’s gates are on the other side of the extremely Gate Liced UA gates. Also, there’s a line at gate five 11 PAX deep for help which blocks access to the main hallway.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I filed a complaint.

I'm also having minor panic attacks all day today because I got home last night from a very short connection in AMS to find my luggage did not make it on the plane with me.

It supposedly was sent via DL 47 this morning but the tracking info is still not showing any updates 2 hours after that flight landed. I have 6 bottles of expensive wine in there and I'm worried customs will have sticky fingers.
I don't think customs would know the difference between cheap wine and expensive wine.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think customs would know the difference between cheap wine and expensive wine.
Yeah, but you don't want sticky CBP fingerprints all over your labels regardless.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Each one had the receipt taped to the bottle so I'd remember where I'd bought it.

My wine made it back just fine though. They had obviously searched my bag and re-packed it based on how it was packed. I am missing a wool hiking sock which I'm slightly miffed about.

I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but I also had 2 cuban cigars in a pouch in there. They either didn't open the pouch, didn't notice their origin, or gave me a pass.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Each one had the receipt taped to the bottle so I'd remember where I'd bought it.
You know there are wine apps that you can scan the label and keep track of wines you have in your "cellar" and make notes (like where you bought it and price paid ect). I use an app called Vivino.

Just a friendly suggested alternative to taping the value of your wine to it, thus advertising it to potential sticky CBP/TSA fingers and giving you panic attacks.

Either way I am glad your wine made it safely. When I bring back that much wine I am way more concerned about damage than theft. Call me crazy, but then again I don't have the prices tapped to the bottles.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:04 am

Yeah it was a dumb move on my part. Would probably also have been necessary to have the receipts with me in case I needed to make a claim if they were stolen, though I don't know if Amex would cover wine.

Anyone know how long it typically takes for Delta to respond to a complaint made through their website? I submitted ones about the FAs prioritizing the sanctity of D1 meals over lav access during the medical emergency.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by defrosted
I use an app called Vivino.
LOL, I misread the app name as Wino on the first read.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
LOL, I misread the app name as Wino on the first read.

There is probably an app for that too, finds the nearest place that sells boxed wine?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I was alarmed that I was peeing fluorescent blue until I realized it was just mood lighting in the lav

AANYC1981 and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Another whine: why does the "Congratulations On Using Your Miles" email arrive so much later than the actual ticket email when you book an award ticket? I just received one for a ticket I booked more than 24 hours ago and every time I get one of these there's a split second where I wonder if someone has hacked my account and stolen some valuable SkyPesos before I remember "oh right, I booked something yesterday/the day before"

So to recap, when I book an award ticket I get 3 emails in rapid succession followed by a 4th one a day or two later:
* "SkyMiles Award Redemption Confirmation" (alert that miles were deducted)
* "Congrats On Your SkyMiles Award Trip" (the actual itinerary with PNR)
* almost always, for C+: "Your Upgraded Seat"
* "Congratulations On Using Your Miles" -- "We're so glad you’re enjoying your miles"
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
I was alarmed that I was peeing fluorescent blue until I realized it was just mood lighting in the lav

Hopefully realize this means the door isn't locked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.