Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by tvtd
Every single time I try to SDC my fare class is never available.
Mine usually isn't in Y (I buy cheap). F is almost always available (upgraded via RUC).

Too many agents don't understand that a RUC upgrade is paid F and eligible to SDC to any flight with F available.

And I've had a RUC upgrade screwed up (agent just changed my fare class and gave me a seat in F, didn't bother applying the RUC. When I attempted to SDC there were numerous interesting failure modes.)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by TheHorta
When the nutritional information table on a pint of Ben & Jerry’s claims “Number of Servings: 4”

Tell me of a single instance in recorded human history that anyone got 4 servings out of a pint of B&J and I’ll show you a liar.
I've done it. I did have three other people helping.

And there was cake. And pie.
puck021 and TheHorta like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tvtd

The worst part about this particular instance was the fare class paid was more than the higher class listed for sale in the 24 hour window (Paid T, only Q was available). I didn’t HUCA as there are other things I’d rather do on my day off than talk to DL phone agents.
Delta fare class hierarchy in coach is Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X, V. Q is well above T.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Dasani has a low PH, I wish the free first class water was alkaline.
puck021 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by sethb
I've done it. I did have three other people helping.

And there was cake. And pie.
LIAR!!!!!!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by defrosted
Dasani has a low PH, I wish the free first class water was alkaline.
Dasani is disgusting tap water. Much prefer the international return flights where those countries are smart enough not to serve it, so you get real spring water.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Dasani is disgusting tap water. Much prefer the international return flights where those countries are smart enough not to serve it, so you get real spring water.
The ingredients on the back are water and 3 different names for salt. No wonder it never really quenches my thirst.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I ask for sparkling water, some FAs bring soda water instead, without asking.
puck021 and TheHorta like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I ask for sparkling water, some FAs bring soda water instead, without asking.
I just assumed you sparkle naturally.
gooselee, AANYC1981 and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
I usually enter the SkyClub once I get to my destination for a quick coffee and as I'm leaving the lounge an employee always says "enjoy your flight" or something along those lines- completely inappropriate for someone whose travels are finished for the day. Leaving JFK today, I had at least four DL employees say that to me - the lady who cleans tables, the lady at the top of the esalator who pours drinks, and two of the ladies at the bottom wish me a "safe flight"!! Arghhhhh - thank God for this thread so I can vent
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I usually enter the SkyClub once I get to my destination for a quick coffee and as I'm leaving the lounge an employee always says "enjoy your flight" or something along those lines- completely inappropriate for someone whose travels are finished for the day. Leaving JFK today, I had at least four DL employees say that to me - the lady who cleans tables, the lady at the top of the esalator who pours drinks, and two of the ladies at the bottom wish me a "safe flight"!! Arghhhhh - thank God for this thread so I can vent
They never said which flight...just to enjoy it.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by TheHorta
When the nutritional information table on a pint of Ben & Jerry’s claims “Number of Servings: 4”

Tell me of a single instance in recorded human history that anyone got 4 servings out of a pint of B&J and I’ll show you a liar.
Once a year I buy a single box of Thin MInts from the Girl Scouts in front of Publix. I point out the printing error on the box "Servings per box: 8" I explain the correct number is One. Because they are too young to understand the concept of The Munches, I get a very puzzled look from the young cookie sellers..
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
At least I have finally conditioned myself not to respond with "You t--- ... uh, thanks have a nice day"
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Why doesn't Delta.com show you all results when you are searching for flights--rather than making you ask to see more results (rhetorical question )

Of course I trust DL not to hide flights that are less expensive than those offered on the first 'page' that might save me a load of cash for relatively small inconvenience .

And then you have to start from the top of the list, rather than picking up where you left off. Truly annoying
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Why doesn't Delta.com show you all results when you are searching for flights--rather than making you ask to see more results (rhetorical question )

Of course I trust DL not to hide flights that are less expensive than those offered on the first 'page' that might save me a load of cash for relatively small inconvenience .

And then you have to start from the top of the list, rather than picking up where you left off. Truly annoying
lol you're funny - but good point!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.