Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TuxTom
I think this is JAC, but it's been a couple of years since I've been there myself.
I think Bozeman is right. Pulled up a picture of Bozeman airport and it matched the layout. Never been through JAC so know not there. I flew out/back in to Bozeman last year. Was driving RV and needed to fly home for real important MD appointment. Was very happy to be able to park Class A RV in parking lot.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: Proud ParkingSpot Spot Club Member
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What airport? I know I've seen this sign. Its driving me nuts not remembering which airport.

ETA - BOZEMAN ??
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think Bozeman is right. Pulled up a picture of Bozeman airport and it matched the layout. Never been through JAC so know not there. I flew out/back in to Bozeman last year. Was driving RV and needed to fly home for real important MD appointment. Was very happy to be able to park Class A RV in parking lot.
Can confirm it's not Bozeman. Just got to the Hotel on the east side of Bozeman Pass. Their check in area looks different although it has the wood theme going on. Based on some Googling it does indeed look like JAC.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
What the heck does this sign even mean?

Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
What the heck does this sign even mean?
Probably for a 767, where the bins over the window seats are significantly larger than the center bins.

-J.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the A350 has bins only over the window seats, at least in D1.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner
Can confirm it's not Bozeman. Just got to the Hotel on the east side of Bozeman Pass. Their check in area looks different although it has the wood theme going on. Based on some Googling it does indeed look like JAC.
Agree now done an image search.

Although I'm positive Bozeman at least had one of these signs last year. I remember it even showing up here on FT because someone had posted it. I've never flown through JAC, so know it wasn't there i saw it.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Since the “Least Substantive Complaints” thread is closed, the below gem inspired me to create a new one. Delta apparently cannot muster a Sky Priority sign at my home station so the Unifi team managed to borrow one from Sun Country and modify it using a printout from Delta.com and two Sky Priority luggage tags. No word what will happen when Sun Country needs its sign back when summer seasonal flights resume. Keep Climbing.
My favorite part is the Print-out being in black and white so that FO, GM, and DM are all gray while PM is black.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by TuxTom
I think this is JAC, but it's been a couple of years since I've been there myself.
Yep. I remember seeing that sign in JAC.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Probably for a 767, where the bins over the window seats are significantly larger than the center bins.

-J.
739 flight. Every bin is over a row with a window seat.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:31 am

Angry Delta Upgrade Rant

I'm sure I'll get roasted for this. but I'm gonna do it anyways. Flew out from a small regional airport and theres 7 or 8 open first class seats with my companion and I as the only ones on the upgrade list. Plane has like 15 people on it so the GA wasn't busy... It seems to be a problem more and more, the GA just don't know what's going on. Never had this problem before, I know sometimes GA don't clear upgrade lists because they are too busy etc, I can't remember that happening to me before. Older gentleman who was at the gate went up and purchased? I don't know a first class seat, he never showed on an upgrade list but was sitting there later. Was my time to board and I asked her if she could process the list and all I get is a bunch of attitude, she changes me after seemingly a bunch of random clicks with the mouse. Then she doesn't know how? or the system won't allow my companion to be upgraded, so she writes on the ticket the seat number...

Second problem is at a major delta hub. Same crap. I can handle it at a regional airport, but when I'm at one of their main hubs, its not gonna fly. Rude employee with attitude, this time since its a bigger plane at a bigger airport I wanted to make sure I asked before boarding. Before I could even finish my sentence I was told by the GA that all upgrades have been processed. Well I again was 1 and 2 on the list every time I checked that day. Two comfort plus seats disappeared, possibly given upgrades that shouldn't have been given, or maybe someone changed to that flight last minute (Less than 30 minutes till boarding). Then I was #2 and my companion was #1, and there was only one first class seat left, I was sitting in the middle and my companion was in the aisle, so I wanted the upgrade to not have to mess with changing an additional seat (even though I gave the seat to my companion). Then she again tells me with attitude that I have someone in front of me on the list so I can't get it. Again, I tell her that it is my companion that is #1.

Third gate agent again at a hub was nice, and said the only reason he didn't process them were he didn't know if we wanted to be separated by the aisle 3b and 3c. I have no problem with this, even though I can't imagine someone not really wanting that? At least no attitude!

Never had this problem before, like I said I haven't seen GA not clear upgrades when there are seats. Sometimes they would clear them last minute but they would still clear them. I thought it was courtesy to not bother them, so I never went up to the desk, this has changed now.

I feel like the delta GA are poorly trained, and have an attitude when you get them to try and do their job.

On a side note, the in flight staff was some of the best I've had in a while, even though Delta is still serving cold grain bowls... And the Diamond desk did a wonderful job rebooking me both times when I had to call in since my flights got cancelled due to weather.

Go ahead roast me! Entitled to an upgrade blah blah blah

I just would like the GA to process the upgrades is that too much to ask?

I feel like I'm begging for an upgrade and really now am questioning if the status is worth it after this and them destroying GUC value and all the other RUC problems people are having.

Last edited by Flyinhigh; Feb 19, 2022 at 9:44 am Reason: Additional information
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
My rant is that there is already a thread for rants. There's also one for complimentary upgrades.

Given your name, it the first one may come in handy.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Feb 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
If you want a seat in F without your rant, just buy it. Simple enough.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO we need to report these rogue GAs to DL every time they don't process the upgrade list. Yes, they can claim no time, but if someone consistently gets complaints on this, we can only hope that DL does something.

BTW, when someone clears into an upgraded seat without being on the upgrade list, it could also be a nonrev (or someone confirmed on the flight without a seat assignment, such as a customer with a BE ticket, but I wouldn't expect to see upgrades in this case unless there are no regular coach seats available). Sometimes it can be informative to look at the "names" on the standby list and how they're ordered.
Spiff, strickerj and flyinhwn like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bescobar
If you want a seat in F without your rant, just buy it. Simple enough.
Actually had it booked to start but got cancelled twice on me for weather and accepted a lower class seat and a different destination airport. I have no problem flying row 40 in coach in the middle, which is what I had, but if an upgrades open and just not processed? That doesn't sit well, and add in some attitude by the GA, it gets me to rant on here. I actually blamed myself for it not being processed, trying to be polite when I approached the counter... I saw the seats weren't consecutive 3B and 3C so I am guessing that's why it wasn't processed.... and still get attitude back.

Thanks for the great insight though.
strickerj and Daitheflu84 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO we need to report these rogue GAs to DL every time they don't process the upgrade list. Yes, they can claim no time, but if someone consistently gets complaints on this, we can only hope that DL does something.

BTW, when someone clears into an upgraded seat without being on the upgrade list, it could also be a nonrev (or someone confirmed on the flight without a seat assignment, such as a customer with a BE ticket, but I wouldn't expect to see upgrades in this case unless there are no regular coach seats available). Sometimes it can be informative to look at the "names" on the standby list and how they're ordered.
Can't remember the last time I submitted a complaint, just because 10k skypesos isn't worth it to me. I was more curious if this is somewhat widespread amongst you guys? Have you noticed this happening as well with the GA not processing the upgrades? I agree with you could be a nonrev or someone paid for an upgrade, that got some of the seats I saw open. Could even be someone that didn't have an assignment, that's not my gripe though. I typically screenshot the list of upgrades so I can keep an eye on it.

If it happens again I'll jot down their names and submit an anonymous complaint

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.