Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Push notifications on my Android phone no longer have the DL widget icon, just a circle.

(I forget when this started happening but relatively recently, few weeks or s month maybe?)
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Zorak
Push notifications on my Android phone no longer have the DL widget icon, just a circle.

(I forget when this started happening but relatively recently, few weeks or s month maybe?)
Not gonna lie, i was mildly annoyed. Seemed silly to change that.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: DL - PM
I was in 3D on an E175 for a short flight last night. When the snack basket came around, I just wanted some almonds. Low and behold, I watch 2A take two bags of almonds. Then 2C does the same thing. By the time the basket reached me, no more almonds. Rant over.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
lo and behold, that was pretty low of them
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Ordhater
I was in 3D on an E175 for a short flight last night. When the snack basket came around, I just wanted some almonds. Low and behold, I watch 2A take two bags of almonds. Then 2C does the same thing. By the time the basket reached me, no more almonds. Rant over.
Did you ask if there were more? Sometimes FAs will go back and restock the basket every few rows.

Pathetic rant: when they give you a napkin when taking your drink order and then hand you another napkin with the drink.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Did you ask if there were more? Sometimes FAs will go back and restock the basket every few rows.

Pathetic rant: when they give you a napkin when taking your drink order and then hand you another napkin with the drink.
When I was a FA, we made a game out of it sometimes (on really slow days). How many napkins can we give the customer? My record: two before the order, two after taking the order, two more when arriving with the tray of drinks (back when we did tray service), and three with the glass... nine

-J.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
When I was a FA, we made a game out of it sometimes (on really slow days). How many napkins can we give the customer? My record: two before the order, two after taking the order, two more when arriving with the tray of drinks (back when we did tray service), and three with the glass... nine

-J.
Sorta like the "meow" game from Super Troopers?

Seems a bit wasteful though
Howste and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
So that's why I wound up with so many napkins on my last flight I must have had a half dozen before they came around to collect trash for the first time. I was trying to figure out where to put them all. Meow, that's funny
strickerj and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: DL - PM
I did, and he did! He brought me, wait for it, two bags of almonds.

Even if he had been completely out of almonds, I still think my complaint would have qualified as a random and pathetic complaint.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ordhater
Stupid keto dieters.
Ordhater likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond

Interesting, when they had that meltdown where we all got the "test" push notification, I noticed that the icon changed but it isn't a circle on my android it is just different?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
They updated the look of the Delta Amex cards, but the advertisements in the jetway still show the old style.
MSPeconomist and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
looked at our upcoming SEA-LAS flight and discovered the strangest 738 ever
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I got an email from Delta yesterday with my January SkyMiles summary. Apparently I earned 100 miles, but I have no idea from what.

-J.
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve noticed that the flight deck crew on many U.S. airlines tend to address the passengers as “folks” during PA announcements. Even the circus ringmaster knows the correct form of address for a collection of strangers is “ladies and gentlemen”. “Folks” always makes me wonder if I somehow booked a flight on Hee Haw Airlines (callsign HAYSEED). This unwelcome familiarity is occasionally even seen on FlyerTalk.
kochleffel and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.