Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
D1 Pre-Select Meals

Just upgraded my JFK-AMS flight using miles. I see that there is a pre-order available for D1 meals, but why can't we do that on the web site? Seems to make the most sense to be able to log into your reservation and have a link to pre-select the meals. Will I get an email that directs me to a web site? I'm curious about this...don't want a special meal, but would like to select my meals in advance. Flight not until early March, so not sure if I'll get the email closer to departure? I searched the forums, but can't find anything recent about this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Have you checked this thread?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...omestic-f.html

You’ll get an email a few days ahead of your flight
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You'll get an email a couple days before the flight with a link inviting you to preorder, with a deadline of T-24 to do this or to phone to make changes.

The basic offering is just to reserve one of the usual D1 meal main courses for your flight to guarantee that you get your first choice.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Thanks...I searched the thread, but couldn't find details on the process. Looked at first few pages, but nothing specific on the process.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Thanks...I searched the thread, but couldn't find details on the process. Looked at first few pages, but nothing specific on the process.
You're overthinking it a bit. You get an email that looks like the below about 72 hours beforehand. You click the link, click your entree, then you get a second email confirming your choice. Your boarding pass will say "special meal requested," which I find funny. Your cabin crew will confirm your selected meal when taking orders. On my most recent flight, from what I could hear, it sounded like me and only two other pax pre-ordered.

Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Feb 5, 2019 at 12:59 am Reason: Just saw the other thread
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
We're flying SLC - MCO in a few days in what I still think is just regular domestic FC with lie-flat seats, but we both received an email with the D1 meal selections and again not really D1 meals. The two choices were Spanish scramble or steel cut oatmeal which seem like just the regular. Maybe it's just an automatic thing on any aircraft with the lie-flat seats?
No, eventually they plan to roll out the feature to FC as well, so you might have been part of a test for that.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by loratliff
No, eventually they plan to roll out the feature to FC as well, so you might have been part of a test for that.
They are rolling it out now (this is not a test).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
They are rolling it out now (this is not a test).
When? My last domestic FC flight was January 14 and I was not given the option to pre-select my meal.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by loratliff
When? My last domestic FC flight was January 14 and I was not given the option to pre-select my meal.
Per the press release linked about 10 posts up, it's been since Feb 4: https://news.delta.com/delta-give-mo...meals-they-fly
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Mark me a fan already. MSY>DTY in 2 days offered crab crakes (one of my favs) or lemongrass (dry) chicken salad, one of my least favorites. Loved that I could pick my preferred seat without worrying about FEBO and know that I’ll get my choice.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bergamini
Mark me a fan already. MSY>DTY in 2 days offered crab crakes (one of my favs) or lemongrass (dry) chicken salad, one of my least favorites. Loved that I could pick my preferred seat without worrying about FEBO and know that I’ll get my choice.
Let's just hope it is catered correctly.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:12 pm

Domestic D1 Pre-Order SEA>JFK

This domestic D1 pre-order option list leaves me uninspired. Any recommendations? I'll have to review actual meals to see. SEA>JFK in D1 on Saturday 9-Feb-19.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bergamini
This domestic D1 pre-order option list leaves me uninspired. Any recommendations? I'll have to review actual meals to see. SEA>JFK in D1 on Saturday 9-Feb-19.
If only because one of the starters or appetizers (whatever you call them) is often shrimp, I'd go with the chicken. Alternatively, you could order a special meal (kosher, vegetarian, Hindu, low-fat, etc.). I suppose you could also get a carry-out meal at a Seattle airport restaurant and bring it along for Plan B.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If only because one of the starters or appetizers (whatever you call them) is often shrimp, I'd go with the chicken. Alternatively, you could order a special meal (kosher, vegetarian, Hindu, low-fat, etc.). I suppose you could also get a carry-out meal at a Seattle airport restaurant and bring it along for Plan B.
Thanks. I found two glowing reviews of the rosemary chicken on the actuals thread, so I'll follow your advice here and get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.