Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Posted in the FAQ, but figure this was a better thread for an answer...thanks.

I didn't see this in the wiki, but I just booked LAX-HND, waitlisted for a GUC on the outbound (cleared already on the return), but it won't let me choose a C+ seat, says I'm waitlisted for that 'upgrade' too?? I thought these cleared right away for DM/PM? I called and the DM line said it's different for international...there are 28 seats in C+ available now. Any thoughts? I've unchecked and rechecked the ug box to no avail Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Do you have others on this reservation or is it just you? IIRC the C+ for international is limited to you and one companion.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Do you have others on this reservation or is it just you? IIRC the C+ for international is limited to you and one companion.
Just me! It's weird but the same flight day before and day after show UG available with the same amount of open seats, but on this day/flight it just show UG eligible!? Weird with 28 seats open. Of course, I'm really hoping the GUC clears, but makes me worry that this flight/date have issues with UG's in general....
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Just me! It's weird but the same flight day before and day after show UG available with the same amount of open seats, but on this day/flight it just show UG eligible!? Weird with 28 seats open. Of course, I'm really hoping the GUC clears, but makes me worry that this flight/date have issues with UG's in general....
I wonder if the thing to do is 1) take the GUC off of the non-upgraded leg, 2) allow the C+ upgrade to happen, and 3) reapply the GUC request.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
If I've bought a V ticket with a domestic and an international leg, and then paid to upgrade the international leg to C+ on the website, can I call about upgrading the domestic leg? Everything bought with $, wanting to upgrade with $, but as C+ domestic is now it's own fare class, I can't just buy the upgrade online.

If the answer to my above question is yes, do I face a change fee to do this? I just want the whole trip C+, but didn't think to buy that at the time of booking.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Griffin Wright
If I've bought a V ticket with a domestic and an international leg, and then paid to upgrade the international leg to C+ on the website, can I call about upgrading the domestic leg? Everything bought with $, wanting to upgrade with $, but as C+ domestic is now it's own fare class, I can't just buy the upgrade online.

If the answer to my above question is yes, do I face a change fee to do this? I just want the whole trip C+, but didn't think to buy that at the time of booking.

Thanks!
No change fee to upgrade.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:03 pm

I should've read this thread before opting into an upgrade. 2 people on itinerary and after the upgrade process we might be split up? Says gate seat assignment and our previous 2 seats in C- are now taken. This was a ill informed decision.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:49 am

C+ question

I have not run into this before. As a Platinum or Diamond medallion, I have always been immediately "upgraded" into C+. Is this automatic if seats are open, or are there buckets of availability, as in F, where upgrade does not occur and seats are held back until close to departure?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's based on WU availability, which is every open seat on some but not all flights.

Don't forget that on many aircraft, two bulkhead seats are blocked for passengers with special needs.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
As a DM I'm about 90% on "sidegrades" to C+ at time of booking. Those few that didn't, I ended up canceling within the 24 window and booking on different days. I am lucky in that most of the time I am very flexible on dates and times...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
As said "most flights". Never not instantly gotten WU, including international.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta
C+

Does anyone know if there are any thoughts to change the upgrade to C+ to just window or just aisle seats? I am in an exit window from ATL-LAX and don't want to trade that to a middle in C+, so I just don't click the upgrade option to C+.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold, Alaska 75K, United & American nobody b/c who'd ever fly them
Originally Posted by GTLorenzo
Does anyone know if there are any thoughts to change the upgrade to C+ to just window or just aisle seats? I am in an exit window from ATL-LAX and don't want to trade that to a middle in C+, so I just don't click the upgrade option to C+.
I've heard rumors from a red coat that it's coming soon, but I don't have anything official to go on.

Personally, I'll even take a middle C+ over an aisle or window C any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Around these parts, I know I'm the odd one out with that, but the extra leg room is critical for me. All the other benefits of a supposedly premium economy cabin are icing on the cake.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dgtsf
I've heard rumors from a red coat that it's coming soon, but I don't have anything official to go on.

Personally, I'll even take a middle C+ over an aisle or window C any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Around these parts, I know I'm the odd one out with that, but the extra leg room is critical for me. All the other benefits of a supposedly premium economy cabin are icing on the cake.
Delta Diamond(your status I see) an exit window has as much, if not more, leg room than the C+ middle seat. And you can book at the time of ticketing. It's not an 'upgrade' for leg room on most planes(or maybe all).
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold, Alaska 75K, United & American nobody b/c who'd ever fly them
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Delta Diamond(your status I see) an exit window has as much, if not more, leg room than the C+ middle seat. And you can book at the time of ticketing. It's not an 'upgrade' for leg room on most planes(or maybe all).
That's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it. But that doesn't make it always accurate to everyone else. Nor do I think the upgrade is entirely about leg room, though it's the biggest benefit for me.

On some Delta planes, exit rows have very limited recline. They may have equal or more leg room, but the C+ leg room is usually pretty suitable for me. So I would never take a non-reclining exit row over a C+ seat.

Also, the travel system my employer obligates we use does not support picking of premium economy or otherwise restricted seats. So I have to pick another seat, wait until the agency tickets it (or pay more for human intervention on ticketing sooner), and then manually adjust my seat selection with Delta. More often than not, by the time all that crap has happened, the vast majority of the flights I'm ticket for are at near 100%. Rarely is an aisle, exit, etc. anywhere on the plane open. So I'll gladly take a C+ instant upgrade at the time of booking than take my chances later on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.