Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by LBJ
Basically, if you do a sample booking and see C+ being sold as a separate fare class, it will tell you how the route is treated. Since C+ is not sold as a separate fare class on this route, you will be able to select C+ for free at your appropriate window (or purchase it as an add-on prior to your window). It looks like as of Sep 20th, you can request an automatic upgrade at your window. Previously, you had to manually select a C+ seat after your window opened on these routes.
Thanks for the reply. After posting this I remembered I could just do a sample booking.

So I looked at LAX-SYD and no C+ offered, select at window like olden times, got it.

But then I looked at routing through Asia. Some flights to PVG offered C+ for sale, but when clicking on the "Upgrade Eligbility" link, it said "Not Eligible for Upgrade to C+" or something like that. I was logged in as a PM.

So, even as a PM, no dice on a C+ upgrade on that route (which I would assume means the same for FO/GM)? Or is that DL IT being silly?

(This is so convoluted, I've already told her to forget about her DL status and just figure out who has the best price/routing/seats for her dates.)
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gooselee
Thanks for the reply. After posting this I remembered I could just do a sample booking.

So I looked at LAX-SYD and no C+ offered, select at window like olden times, got it.

But then I looked at routing through Asia. Some flights to PVG offered C+ for sale, but when clicking on the "Upgrade Eligbility" link, it said "Not Eligible for Upgrade to C+" or something like that. I was logged in as a PM.

So, even as a PM, no dice on a C+ upgrade on that route (which I would assume means the same for FO/GM)? Or is that DL IT being silly?

(This is so convoluted, I've already told her to forget about her DL status and just figure out who has the best price/routing/seats for her dates.)
May not make sense for you, but I booked LHR-Oz on Vietnam Air for US$2300 rt in business class. The ride on VN was very nice.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mot29
May not make sense for you, but I booked LHR-Oz on Vietnam Air for US$2300 rt in business class. The ride on VN was very nice.
Yes, I'm trying to convince her to just book on whoever has a good fare (maybe even PE or J if affordable), vs. trying to stick with DL and hoping for an "upgrade" to C+.

My argument will be stronger if she isn't eligible for C+ at all on the routings she'd have to take with DL (or if she has to wait until T-24/72 and hope there's something left).
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I have a follow up question. A while back, I discovered that we could not request C+ on JFK-MSP part of a SNN-JFK-MSP flight. This was May 2016.

Is this still the case, that on a TATL where the connecting flight would have C+ as a separate fare class on the domestic leg, but the int'l leg is sold as an add-on, that this still bombs the PM (or DM or GM, etc) benefit on the non-TATL leg?

I'm considering MSP-MUC. It won't make or break the decision since the domestic leg isn't that long and I'd have a decent shot at exit row, but weighing C+ in the transit ATL or AMS equation.

I will say, the CR9 flight from JFK last year in the exit row after a long day of travel was extra-tiring. Survivable, of course. But the padding is bad and C+ is much quieter on the 9s.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew RDU-BWI last Sunday on a CRJ-200. I was "upgraded" to "Comfort Plus" at T-24 which is limited to row 1. I was happy that despite the flight being 45 minutes in the air, we did get a full drink service including free booze in row 1. Everyone else on the plane got only bottled water.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Flew RDU-BWI last Sunday on a CRJ-200. I was "upgraded" to "Comfort Plus" at T-24 which is limited to row 1. I was happy that despite the flight being 45 minutes in the air, we did get a full drink service including free booze in row 1. Everyone else on the plane got only bottled water.
Wow, so only 4 C+ seats on the plane, no FC, and you got it as a Silver? Nice.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ijgordon
While the flight had 45 people on it, only two of us were in C+ so I think it was very elite light. Sunday AM RDU-BWI makes sense for that I guess.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm calling a foul if the FA can't serve booze to passengers five feet away from them. Glad the FA did in this case.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Moreover, I think 2 of the 4 are initially blocked out for special needs.

However it's also possible a lot of people opt out of "upgrades" on a CR2 segment. (I don't mind it if I can get 1B or 1C...)
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:06 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
What is the best technique for getting on the gate upgrade list for C+ but not getting auto upgraded?

I have a flight tomorrow, there are currently two open seats in C+, but they're both middles. The app says there are 4 C+ available. There are a few F upgrades available, but I'm far enough down the list that I don't expect to clear.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:23 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
related: is there any way to tell if there is any inventory in the SU bucket?

the flight I'm wondering about is not currently selling C+, but I don't know if there could possibly be SU inventory without W or S inventory. Maybe it's already safe to check the upgrade request box?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:53 pm

Second time this has happened to me. For whatever reason DL.dumb didn't clear me into C+ despite it being wide open. Meanwhile, the crappy gate agent just cleared a bunch of NRSA's (identifiable by the BPs on the counter) directly into C+ from the standby list. Thankfully there was still some left and I got my seat, but only after I went to the GA and asked her to clear me.

Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Edits to Wiki

I made two changes to the wiki:

1. With one companion, C+ upgrades are ranked by highest (not the lowest) medallion status.
2. Companion cert flyers ARE eligible for C+ upgrades (and domestic F for that matter).

Delta made these changes sometime after the original wiki was written.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Downgrading a C+ "upgrade"

The wiki says: "To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta."

If i"m put in a middle and wish to downgrade, is it still the case that I need to call?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkP24
The wiki says: "To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta."

If i"m put in a middle and wish to downgrade, is it still the case that I need to call?
You can downgrade yourself now via the seatmap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.