Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
This appears to be the precursor to the rumored C+ fare announcement.

I wouldn't waste time calling, just check your open res to make sure the requests are correct.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vgb2001
No idea but I would call to make sure you are still on the upgrade list.
Just checked and I have the same thing. And my RUC wait list disappeared.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I've got an RUC for a flight tomorrow...vanished
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I see it also... and on several flights where I had RUCs requested I'm not sure if they are still requested or the change screwed that up...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:45 am

No idea but I would call to make sure you are still on the upgrade list.

Actually, when you follow the 'manage' link it goes to a new menu when one can physically request upgrades, for each segment of a flight, or all of them at once. Not sure yet if this differentiate medallion from RUC.
I called the diamond line and she said everything looks good on their end in my itinerary (same upgrade requests as before) but they are making changes that will take until Saturday but did not know what these changes are.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if the coming changes finally mean we'd be able to apply RUC/GUC online to the itinerary or segments without having to call or tweet?

Incidentally I get an error if I click the 'apply upgrade to all segments' box, that it can't be processed at this time.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
The above is appearing on a couple of my upcoming itineraries in place of "Medallion Upgrade Requested".

Does anyone know the meaning of this term?
Part of C+ changes (see existing FT thread below)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...next-week.html

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 12, 2015 at 6:07 am
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:53 am

I just called, and after the agent looked into it, advised me that the change in terminology is linked to upcoming "enhancements". I didn't pursue the point.

Also, like you my RUC wait list request disappeared online, but the agent assured me that it remains in the reservation system.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by rylan
I wonder if the coming changes finally mean we'd be able to apply RUC/GUC online to the itinerary or segments without having to call or tweet?
Called again and different agent confirmed that the change has to do with gold and silver able to request the 'upgrade' to C+ , so they won't have to call or choose a seat online at the 72hr or 24hr window, but instead will be moved there automatically if they requested it.
So the new 'manage upgrade' link is because there will be 2 upgrade requests for gold and silver: one for C+ and one for first.
in the process though, we did lose the possibility of seing the RUC upgrade request. Not sure if it's because the system is not fully implemented yet.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that sure doesn't sound good for the C+ seats if the system is going to automatically assign a seat now... so a GM could go from an exit aisle seat and be assigned a middle C+ seat that they don't want.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Well that sure doesn't sound good for the C+ seats if the system is going to automatically assign a seat now... so a GM could go from an exit aisle seat and be assigned a middle C+ seat that they don't want.
My understanding is that one would have to 'request' the upgrade to be automatically moved. That means one can opt out if they don't want to be moved automatically.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Whatever the changes are, the website is totally jacked up right now....

Tried to change a seat and it takes me to itineraries.

Tried to book a flight and it too me to some totally unrelated page on 'traveling with us"
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Does anyone know what the "Apply To All Segments Of The Trip" button is for? On my upcoming Y reservations the "Upgrade Requested" green check mark already appears on all upgrade-eligible segments.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Whatever the changes are, the website is totally jacked up right now....

Tried to change a seat and it takes me to itineraries.

Tried to book a flight and it too me to some totally unrelated page on 'traveling with us"
The app does not seem affected so far. You may want to try that?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Does anyone know what the "Apply To All Segments Of The Trip" button is for? On my upcoming Y reservations the "Upgrade Requested" green check mark already appears on all upgrade-eligible segments.
Maybe because when the change was made, the previous upgrade request was transferred to all segments.
In the future, one might have to manually request the upgrade. One would then have the choice to go through each one of the segments or chose the 'apply to all segments' option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.