Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bowgie
Delta Comfort+ FAQs
Delta Comfort+ - A New Domestic Branded Fare Product

Summary (effective November 14, 2015, for travel on or after May 16, 2016, in the U.S.50 and Canada):

No selecting C+ seats at time of booking. Eligible pax must request a C+ upgrade by checking the box in the UPGRADE REQUEST section or calling Delta. If upgrade inventory is available, DM and PM may clear after booking. If upgrade inventory is not available, you will remain in your C- seat until such time that DL either releases inventory, or it goes to the airport for gate upgrade.

GM and FO window remains the same at T-72 and T-24 hrs respectively.

Upgrades may automatically place you in any C+ seat, including middle.

F and C+ are separate checkboxes, so you can request an F upgrade without requesting a C+ upgrade. "Double upgrades" from Y to C+ followed by C+ to F are possible.

In your My Delta Preferences page there is a new box where you can choose the default setting for 1st class upgrades and C+ upgrade preferences.

Pax with a companion will be ranked for a C+ upgrade according to the highest level... ie a DM + general member companion in the same PNR will clear after booking..

Maximum of 1 companion may request a C+ upgrade. Per DL FAQ: "If you have three or more passengers in your reservation, all passengers in the reservation must have Medallion status in order for any passengers to be eligible for Delta Comfort+."

Amex Companion Cert flyers are eligible for C+ upgrades.

To "downgrade" to C- seats (exit, other preferred seats) you must call Delta.

Complimentary upgrades to C+, once on board the aircraft, are not allowed regardless of status.

C+ currently not available with corporate discounts, because C+ currently uses ticket designator /WCOM and corporate discounts also use ticket designators. A fare code can only have one ticket designator. This limitation is apparently temporary.

So far Delta is saying this does not impact upgrades to F.

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I have two separate flights on May 16, on two separate itineraries. As a PL, I was able to choose C+ seats shortly after booking months ago, by going through the new rigamarole... Today I was notified of upgrades to F on both itineraries, at the upgrade window. So for those who were wondering if a "double upgrade" can happen, yes, it can.
Print Wikipost

Delta Comfort for flights on/after May 16, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by sethb
That will lose money; are you saying that Delta would rather let a C+ seat go empty than give it for free to a non-Medallion who purchased a coach ticket?
I think just suggesting that this will result in less occupied seats in C+ when the plane is not completely full aka since W is a separate fare class the seats in back would be filled first maybe? I do wonder how that's any different than what they do now though,practically speaking
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Officially still a rumor. However a couple of posters have said in this thread that they called their respective Medallion lines and confirmed the changes with phone agents. I don't have a reason to believe or assume those posters are lying. I have not called the Medallion line myself. But in the sprit of Reaganism and "Trust but Verify", I am withholding full judgment of these changes until they're confirmed officially by DL.
I agree with you. I believe this is a fact. (I have no source to back this up). Why is this post still up if not confirmed by DL?

I posted that DL would give 2,500 miles if a bag was not delivered within 15 mins. That was a FACT.

I also reported that DL was to start LAS-SJC service before the announcement. That was a FACT.

I reported that DL would switch from Seattle's Best to Starbucks Coffee months before DL made the change. That was a FACT.

I agree that this will take place, but at this time it is a RUMOR!

I have never posted a lie about DL, UA, AS, AA or any other airline. I post FACTS!

The moderators on DL FT are the best. ^ Keep up the good work. I truly mean that. You are the best.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kettle1
I agree with you. I believe this is a fact. (I have no source to back this up). Why is this post still up if not confirmed by DL?
Why not? There's all sorts of speculation on the SPG board about who will buy SPG; obviously, nothing is confirmed.

I also have reason to believe that this change is coming, but I can't prove it either.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Why not? There's all sorts of speculation on the SPG board about who will buy SPG; obviously, nothing is confirmed.

I also have reason to believe that this change is coming, but I can't prove it either.
I think this is what kettle1 is referring to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...an-2016-a.html
Only the OP and one response before in Post #2, in which the mod who locked the thread made it clear that in the DL forum there is "little tolerance for rumors". Yet ten days later LAS-SJC was confirmed by DL.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Only the OP and one response before in Post #2, in which the mod who locked the thread made it clear that in the DL forum there is "little tolerance for rumors". Yet ten days later LAS-SJC was confirmed by DL.
I like to think it was my fifth "please" that did it
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

I can not prove it either. I am stating that I have posted things on the AA, DL, UA, WN and other forums on FT and none have not come back to be false. Everything I post on FT is a fact. At this point this is a RUMOR.

I am calling friends at DL now to see if this is true (10pm PST).
ANSWER: They know nothing about it.

This may be true. Lets see. I would guess it is true, but I am not putting my name on it. It is a RUMOR at this point.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Maybe I'm being dense, but that doesn't make sense to me at all. They'll still overbook Y, like they do today, and, if necessary, they'll upgrade passengers into C+. Just like they do op-Ups to J today. I can't say I'm an expert in how airlines overbook, but it's probably safe to say that generally it's based on the total number of available seats on the plane.
Right. Y will still be overbooked, but overflow will go into W, not F.

I'm guessing we'll see Comfort+ Monetization kick in, to be cynical.

Currently, a passenger with an unassigned seat can be given a Comfort+ seat without any consequences. With this new rumored change, I'm guessing that agents will be told strictly to fill up Y before touching C+ at all. Right now, that's not the case.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I can not prove it either. I am stating that I have posted things on the AA, DL, UA, WN and other forums on FT and none have not come back to be false. Everything I post on FT is a fact. At this point this is a RUMOR.

I am calling friends at DL now to see if this is true (10pm PST).
ANSWER: They know nothing about it.

This may be true. Lets see. I would guess it is true, but I am not putting my name on it. It is a RUMOR at this point.
Some people at DL do know about it, and will talk (to some degree).
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:48 pm

I just called a very high up person at DL and he/she said that this was never discussed at any DL meeting (that they attended). He/she said it may be true. I called the East Coast at 10:30 PM PST to find FACTS. I know this persons hours and it was no problem calling at such a late hour. Trust me. This is the go to guy/gal.

Personally, I think this is going to be released within the week. No contact I have at DL says it is a fact. That is it.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called a very high up person at DL and he/she said that this was never discussed at any DL meeting (that they attended).
Well, that's the problem. Why should manglement be told? (Especially if they're not in a department that's affected.)
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:56 pm

Some people at DL do know about it, and will talk (to some degree).
Of course they will. Loose lips - sink ships?

I stick with - this will happen. I have ZERO proof. I am basing this off the OP. My contacts at DL have no idea about this.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
I just called a very high up person at DL and he/she said that this was never discussed at any DL meeting (that they attended).
When you book a ticket through the DM desk ask the agent about details. I did yesterday
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:06 am

Well, that's the problem. Why should manglement be told? (Especially if they're not in a department that's affected.)
I guess you are right. I retract my other statements on this thread. This person knows nothing.

I retract everything I said. I still think DL will do this (with ZERO proof) in my opinion. It is a brilliant move for the shareholders of DAL. Make $!

(I currently own DAL shares).
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Widgets
Right. Y will still be overbooked, but overflow will go into W, not F.
That doesn't seem any different than now.

Originally Posted by Widgets
I'm guessing we'll see Comfort+ Monetization kick in, to be cynical.

Currently, a passenger with an unassigned seat can be given a Comfort+ seat without any consequences. With this new rumored change, I'm guessing that agents will be told strictly to fill up Y before touching C+ at all. Right now, that's not the case.
Now that makes sense I guess (speaking strictly from a logistics standpoint). But I have to say that if all this is true, I think DL is putting Comfort Plus in a way higher light than it deserves to be held in. C+ is decent, but it's still economy. A true premium economy is more akin to US carrier's domestic F, not a standard Y seat with a couple more inches of legroom and a complimentary adult beverage.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Blocking the center seat, installing wider seats with fewer passengers across, or even committing to filling the center C+ seats last (including especially giving them to nonrevs, UMs, people with pets, passengers with disabilities, etc. as well as those who simply have no seat assignment at the gate) would potentially make C+ more valuable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.