Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Summary of SkyMiles Upgrade Changes

Effective Aug 1, 2015, DM's on paid fares and no companions will no longer receive complimentary upgrades JFK-LAX/SFO. Delta's reps failed to disclose this in their June 14 announcement.

For travel on or after June 1, 2016, additional fare classes are eligible for SkyMiles upgrades:
Within North American and northern South America, L/U/T fares are now eligible. (Previously only Y/B/M/H/Q/K)
For all other markets, H/Q/K fares are now eligible. (Previously only Y/B/M)

SkyMiles Upgrade Awards will also require more miles. Prices for the following markets as quoted by multiple reservations agents: (Pricing is one-way)

(current chart based on observations has been moved to this thread: Upgrading with miles)
Print Wikipost

SkyMiles July Announcements

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes, if you set an alert in ExpertFlyer for the flights you want on the VS flight number for fare class G, that should do it, though no guarantees whether the systems will be working to actually process the upgrade if/when it becomes available. (On the VS code G is Upper Class; on the DL code G is Premium Economy.)
Thanks. I did as you mentioned and EF alerted me this morning. Called DL and after a long hold time while they collaborated with VS I was able to confirm Upper Class LAX-LHR.

UC/PE RT for $1185+20k. Very pleased.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Sep 3, 2017 at 3:44 am
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes, if you set an alert in ExpertFlyer for the flights you want on the VS flight number for fare class G, that should do it, though no guarantees whether the systems will be working to actually process the upgrade if/when it becomes available. (On the VS code G is Upper Class; on the DL code G is Premium Economy.)
Is this a feature only available in ExpertFlyer for pay ?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by thesaints
Is this a feature only available in ExpertFlyer for pay ?
Some very basic seat alerts can be creates for free. Everything else (alerts, that is) requires a paid subscription.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:27 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Zorak
Some very basic seat alerts can be creates for free. Everything else (alerts, that is) requires a paid subscription.
And to be clear, setting an alert for fare class G requires a paid subscription. (The free alerts are for finding a particular seat on the seat map, not a particular fare class.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.