Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Summary of SkyMiles Upgrade Changes

Effective Aug 1, 2015, DM's on paid fares and no companions will no longer receive complimentary upgrades JFK-LAX/SFO. Delta's reps failed to disclose this in their June 14 announcement.

For travel on or after June 1, 2016, additional fare classes are eligible for SkyMiles upgrades:
Within North American and northern South America, L/U/T fares are now eligible. (Previously only Y/B/M/H/Q/K)
For all other markets, H/Q/K fares are now eligible. (Previously only Y/B/M)

SkyMiles Upgrade Awards will also require more miles. Prices for the following markets as quoted by multiple reservations agents: (Pricing is one-way)

(current chart based on observations has been moved to this thread: Upgrading with miles)
Print Wikipost

SkyMiles July Announcements

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by rylan
Anyone notice that the current pricing levels for upgrade awards isn't on the website any more either? I thought the current upgrade mileage amounts used to be listed... or did I just miss when it get pulled some time ago?
I noticed they were gone about 2-3 weeks ago when I went looking. No idea when they were actually pulled, but it was definitely before the July announcement.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
They got pulled at the same time the award charts got pulled.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL GM
How soon will entire delta.com be pulled from delta.com?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:52 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by naranjero

LMAO!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!!! ^^^
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
A third party website could easily work for the future. Once fully dynamic pricing is instituted, only a credit check, ID, and major credit card will be required for travel. Take the seat that you want and the flight attendant will come around and charge you whatever he/she feels that particular flight and seat should cost.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:35 pm

Why can't I find a single ATL - BKK saver J or F ticket using AA miles. Looked from now until the end of 2015. Guess the grass isn't greener for me.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
LOL ^
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by EVA777
Why can't I find a single ATL - BKK saver J or F ticket using AA miles. Looked from now until the end of 2015. Guess the grass isn't greener for me.
Try a destination AA flies to?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Try a destination AA flies to?
Well I guess if they don't have any partners. Really useless then.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I guess if they don't have any partners. Really useless then.
They have plenty of partners. Whether they can be booked online is another matter.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:29 pm

I did search HKG which is serviced by AA, guess what nothing there either. Not a DL fan boy but I guess all the AA deserters must be flying to different destinations than me.

I personally think I'm making the jump to BR, CZ, or CA prem econ. Flew BR (EVA) for years until they really started demanding a premium for premium economy.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
They have plenty of partners. Whether they can be booked online is another matter.
its confirmed that they are useless. I mean, its the year 2015 and they are still flying around widebody planes to international destinations that still have angled flat bed seating plus the 767 J seats don't even have IFE. You get handed a tablet which gets collected like an hour before the flight lands
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I did search HKG which is serviced by AA, guess what nothing there either. Not a DL fan boy but I guess all the AA deserters must be flying to different destinations than me.
Or have different starting points/home airports, which seems to actually matter quite a bit in some cases when it comes to cheap redemption options.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I personally think I'm making the jump to BR, CZ, or CA prem econ. Flew BR (EVA) for years until they really started demanding a premium for premium economy.
More CX redemptions for the rest of us I guess.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:16 pm

More CX redemptions for the rest of us I guess.
Typical FT response.

Good luck in your travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.