Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Received the gift card email the other day, today a box arrived (sent 2nd day air via UPS). Very nice gift box, inside were 2 bag tags and an acrylic paperweight / award laser cut with a One Million Miles message. Also included what looked like a gift card (on the back it said the card number was emailed).
Was nicely done, not cheap looking…
Specific to the award… I’m not sure what the use will be (or is intended) as it’d be pretty pretentious to display it IMO.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Not really sure why COVID had anything to do with this. It isn't like the gift is an in person event....How is selecting a useless tumi passport case a non-Covid friendly activity?
Exactly. That was their excuse on the phone when I called and asked about it.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
Received the gift card email the other day, today a box arrived (sent 2nd day air via UPS). Very nice gift box, inside were 2 bag tags and an acrylic paperweight / award laser cut with a One Million Miles message. Also included what looked like a gift card (on the back it said the card number was emailed).
Was nicely done, not cheap looking…
Mrs BHammy just rec'd her MM gift package today as brkandjfk mentioned
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Originally Posted by alemaz
I have got my Million Miler Gifts selection this January. These are Hartmann backpack, briefcase and carry-ons, some Tiffany stuff, Tumi briefcase and carry-ons.

I ran price check and see that the items range from $300 to $700. Some are out of stock and are rather old discontinued models. I do not quite like the selection.

Does anybody have an idea whether they update the inventory frequently?
Nicel I was the 5th million miler in the system and all we got was stationary presented by Ron Allen at my office. Wonder if I can get it now?
K7Beach likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:38 am

Didn’t receive the box of junk in the mail yet, but I did get an email saying it was coming and that I would receive a Delta gift card for $350 as a 2MM. The email also mentioned that million miler status would now be part of the upgrade priority model. Maybe MM status has been a factor for a while and I just didn’t realize it. https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...llion-upgrades
MM as a tiebreaker is pretty low. It only beats out date and time of request. Also, it seems to divide the groups to only >1MM and <1MM

Last edited by El Boocho; Jul 30, 2021 at 9:09 am
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I received the "box". I am going to send it back to Ed. A complete joke. Who thinks of this crap? Seriously what I am to do with the "award?"

Edit to add: In reading the link below it looks to me as though Delta has done away with the "gifts" completely and one gets an electronic Delta Gift Card instead. I think that is a good decision though I would rather have the choice between two GUG or four RUG certs.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler
flyerCO and CO-PLAT like this.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Aug 2, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I received the "box". I am going to send it back to Ed. A complete joke. Who thinks of this crap? Seriously what I am to do with the "award?"
Do you do any trap shooting?
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Do you do any trap shooting?
I do but my environmental conscious would not let me make such mess. Would not even take it to the range.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Exactly, are we supposed to display these at work or something? The tags don't even have our SM # on them and will break in instant on conveyor belt. The "gift card" made me laugh. Here's a replica of an actual gift card, but not even the normal plastic, but thick paper.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:38 pm

Okay who's selling their gift???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13383615035...IAAOSwcQ9hB09E

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Aug 2, 2021 at 3:53 pm
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not me, but it's been reduced in price from $169.99 to $130 for buy it now or $99 minimum bid. Maybe no one wants this stuff.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not mine either. But when I hit 2MM I did get the Tumi 4 wheeler which I do use - better than an acrylic brick. I have a Hartmann roll around from 1MM that I've never used. Too big for a carryon.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Exactly, are we supposed to display these at work or something? The tags don't even have our SM # on them and will break in instant on conveyor belt. The "gift card" made me laugh. Here's a replica of an actual gift card, but not even the normal plastic, but thick paper.
ha. I’m not putting it with my lucite deal toys and tombstones. I worked a lot of hours for those. I drank a lot of whiskey and beer for this one.
gretchendz, N515CR and SuperG1955 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not me, but it's been reduced in price from $169.99 to $130 for buy it now or $99 minimum bid. Maybe no one wants this stuff.
Well, well, it sold for $130!
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
My 3MM gift just arrived...same as the 1 and 2 mentioned above, but the gift card was $500 and the trophy had a 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.