Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by El Boocho
You have to buy an underlying DL ticket for the chance to use a GUC. I’m past 2MM+ and would have little use for the GUCs. Especially 2. Have fun in D1 by yourself. Or with a partner, but only one way…. IMO, fine to offer it as an option but not as the only option.
Don't disagree about not being only option. While I get your point about GUCs, optics make it look bad when you have to pay for the gift. Getting it for free and applying it to something you buy separately just looks better from PR/marketing standpoint
El Boocho likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You have to buy an underlying DL ticket for the chance to use a GUC. I’m past 2MM+ and would have little use for the GUCs. Especially 2. Have fun in D1 by yourself. Or with a partner, but only one way…. IMO, fine to offer it as an option but not as the only option.
Don't disagree about not being only option. While I get your point about GUCs, optics make it look bad when you have to pay for the gift. Getting it for free and applying it to something you buy separately just looks better from PR/marketing standpoint
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you look at my post #40, DL has a history of doing this. When I hit 1MM after 9/11 they had cut back on the program due to economic factors. Looks like they have done the same again.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by hfly
If you look at my post #40, DL has a history of doing this. When I hit 1MM after 9/11 they had cut back on the program due to economic factors. Looks like they have done the same again.
Seems like they should hand out 2 GUCs then

I'd prefer that anyway
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Never got my 2MM tag or gift and rapidly closing in on 3MM. I'd settle for the return of decent food service on all flights.
JesseRohr and ExArkie like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Never got my 2MM tag or gift and rapidly closing in on 3MM. I'd settle for the return of decent food service on all flights.
For your 3MM flight, you will get a meal. If flight has a meal, oh well, you still got fed.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Options and gifts are usually good things, Though bad options can be worse than a rock. Ex. The ...... bottle of wine Marriott gave me in Paris recently as a thanks for being "elite" had the opposite effect on my loyalty. In a city (country for that matter) where drinkable wine can easily be bought at retail in a grocery store for under 10 Euros, it was especially bad. I have to assume others felt the same way given the number of bottles noticed in the hall with one glass removed.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Options and gifts are usually good things, Though bad options can be worse than a rock. Ex. The ...... bottle of wine Marriott gave me in Paris recently as a thanks for being "elite" had the opposite effect on my loyalty. In a city (country for that matter) where drinkable wine can easily be bought at retail in a grocery store for under 10 Euros, it was especially bad. I have to assume others felt the same way given the number of bottles noticed in the hall with one glass removed.
OT but I'm curious what hotel did this. Rive Gauche? I hope it wasn't PdG.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT but I'm curious what hotel did this. Rive Gauche? I hope it wasn't PdG.
Was Renaissance Vendome.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:06 pm

2 Million Mile Gift

For a data point, I received an email today that the 2 MM gift is a $350 Delta gift card. No mention of luggage or other choices.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Just got an email

"congratulations on achieving million miler status" ... "In addition to the MIllion Miler benefits you've already received, please accept this $250 delta gift card..."

In addition to what? what other benefits have I gotten?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Looks the gift is $250 GC to delta - sad no cool items.
-Shaown
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I got the email, too. Honestly, I'd rather have the GC than more luggage that I don't need.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:41 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat

$500 at the 3MM level
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Well I'm glad that now they will factor in our MM status on the upgrade list. I always wondered why they didn't do that before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.