Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2020, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT, but to save costs DL could stop reordering stuff for the Job Well Done program and just distribute what they have in stock as employees claim it until it's all gone.
If they did anything, icould see it becoming an online program. I just dont see it ending, the cost is minimal, and last thing DL wants is to piss off employees. (Especially FA)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I just stumbled upon this today. "... we'll contact you at the email on file..."
My wife and I couldn't agree on luggage, glass bowl, etc. - so even cheaper gifts might be okay.

RE: JWD - I declined my corporate JWD-type gift this year (not Delta, just saying).
I understand recognition, but it didn't feel right.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, HHonors
Delta 2 Million MIler

So I just got notice that I'm now a 2 Million Miler. got the "congrats, but you can't choose a gift yet" email from Delta. Does anyone know when they might allow us to choose gift. And what exactly choices might I have?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 6:38 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by cvonbar
So I just got notice that I'm now a 2 Million Miler. got the "congrats, but you can't choose a gift yet" email from Delta. Does anyone know when they might allow us to choose gift. And what exactly choices might I have?
I bet Delta doesn't know yet either
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a screenshot of what there were offering before removing the gift selection -- https://onemileatatime.com/delta-million-miler-gift/
As noted upthread, they had dropped the higher end Tumi/Hartmann gear that were previously available. The Samsonite 24" hardside luggage looks to be the "Freeform" model which can be found for $140 on the Samsonite website.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 9, 2021 at 7:13 pm
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I got my million miler right as COVID started in March 20. Still nothing as I just tried to login and pick a gift. Come on Delta, really? Can't use COVID as an excuse forever
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta, United
FWIW, I recently wrote Delta a note of thanks for their efforts for helping us medallions maintain status. Yeah I know loyalty has its pros and cons but lets not digress. However, in my note I expressed to Delta that instead of a physical gift that instead I would rather have two GUCs. I doubt I will see that but IMHO GUC would be a better reward than what is offered.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:06 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
The JWD program isn’t a thing now. I tried to give a couple of JWD’s to a phone CS employee and was told the program was discontinued.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
FWIW, I recently wrote Delta a note of thanks for their efforts for helping us medallions maintain status. Yeah I know loyalty has its pros and cons but lets not digress. However, in my note I expressed to Delta that instead of a physical gift that instead I would rather have two GUCs. I doubt I will see that but IMHO GUC would be a better reward than what is offered.
Surely you recognize that every use case is different. I fly international so rarely that giving me 2 GUCs would be exactly the same as the 'nothing' that they are giving away now. For your use case it might be awesome. For me, I would rather that they gave me the opportunity to buy a lifetime Sky Club membership.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Surely you recognize that every use case is different. I fly international so rarely that giving me 2 GUCs would be exactly the same as the 'nothing' that they are giving away now. For your use case it might be awesome. For me, I would rather that they gave me the opportunity to buy a lifetime Sky Club membership.
True. However for most people that fly that frequently GUC would be useful. I'm not saying it is for everyone, but DL will never be able to satisfy everyone's wants.

As for LT SC membership, I think a lot would view it as tacky you have to buy something as gift for MM, even if that something isn't normally available.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
When I hit 3mm last year I didn't get offered anything albeit in the middle of COVID. Wonder if I should message them about it.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
When I hit 3mm last year I didn't get offered anything albeit in the middle of COVID. Wonder if I should message them about it.
Should've gotten your 3MM tag. No gift at this point.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by bretthexum
I got my million miler right as COVID started in March 20. Still nothing as I just tried to login and pick a gift. Come on Delta, really? Can't use COVID as an excuse forever
Not really sure why COVID had anything to do with this. It isn't like the gift is an in person event....How is selecting a useless tumi passport case a non-Covid friendly activity?
hockeystl likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Oh

Originally Posted by puddinhead
The JWD program isn’t a thing now. I tried to give a couple of JWD’s to a phone CS employee and was told the program was discontinued.
This makes me sad. Several of the people I gave these to seemed genuinely glad to get them.
hockeystl and El Boocho like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
True. However for most people that fly that frequently GUC would be useful. I'm not saying it is for everyone, but DL will never be able to satisfy everyone's wants.

As for LT SC membership, I think a lot would view it as tacky you have to buy something as gift for MM, even if that something isn't normally available.
You have to buy an underlying DL ticket for the chance to use a GUC. I’m past 2MM+ and would have little use for the GUCs. Especially 2. Have fun in D1 by yourself. Or with a partner, but only one way…. IMO, fine to offer it as an option but not as the only option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.