Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Found something interesting on my seat in First today..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Found something interesting on my seat in First today..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Well, if they just start adding prayer cards in F for all their ex-SEA flyers, they'll be able to better compete with AS!
As SEA flyer i stick with DL, but if i see a prayer card, uh, i would run fast.

that said, for me, i love these small little things. it is hard being on the road, maybe just me. These things makes it a little better. Silly, i know. but that is me.

-ok
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by ornulfkittelsen
As SEA flyer i stick with DL, but if i see a prayer card, uh, i would run fast.

that said, for me, i love these small little things. it is hard being on the road, maybe just me. These things makes it a little better. Silly, i know. but that is me.

-ok
I'm the same way. Travel is rough. Being away from family/friends is not easy. The little nice things like a card make more of a difference. That is why things like snack baskets and friendly FA and GA really impact a trip's enjoyability.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
This is cool, love the touch and the idea, let me take this one step further though.

Obviously they shouldn't/won't do this everyday, then it becomes like the pillow and water bottle and no one notices anymore.

Should they

A) pick a day of the week system wide and do it? pick a day of the month?
B) only do it on flights originating at hubs? or spoke to hub?

My question is, how do you keep doing this, while keeping it spontaneous/surprising so that customers value it and notice the touch?

EDIT: Just wanted to add, based on what these posts are usually about (I know nothing of Delta admittedly) I assumed this was gonna be something AWFUL lol
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Last year, my wife and I were flying back from MAN to ATL and we both had handwritten thank you notes when we arrived at our seats--thanking us for our loyalty. They were from the manager of the ground staff at MAN. Very nice touch.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
BOS-ATL on Wednesday the lead FA handed them out to everyone up front during descent. They were personally addressed, and signed by him.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:11 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Esltroy
This morning while flying from MDT to DTW I found the usual water bottle, pillow, and blanket. The interesting thing was that it also had two chocolates and this nice card from delta on the seat. This is the first time I have seen this. Is today customer appreciation day? It was on all of the F seats.
When flying out of MSY, I got into a conversation with a pair of fantastic GAs, and they mentioned that on a certain day of the week (I forget which), they do something to recognize DMs and/or MMs (I forget which).

Originally Posted by audidudi
Whenever I have flown from LHR back to ATL/DTW/JFK/MSP/SEA, I have always found a hand-written "Thank You For Being A Diamond Medallion" card put on my seat. Classy touch from the UK peeps!
The MNL team is pretty consistent in giving such cards upon boarding (while scanning BPs). I haven't seen this on flights ex-LHR as a DM/MM/J pax.

Well, if they just start adding prayer cards in F for all their ex-SEA flyers, they'll be able to better compete with AS!
I haven't seen the AS prayer cards on F meal trays in the last few years. Before that, it was hit or miss.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Leaving Asia on DL around Chinese new year, I got a signed card in a red envelope. The purser is apparently known for taking the initiative to do this for DMs in BE.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by andymo99
I haven't seen the AS prayer cards on F meal trays in the last few years. Before that, it was hit or miss.
Thank god for that!

They apparently ended the practice in 2012: Alaska Airlines ends prayer cards on flights

"Passengers on Alaska Airlines will no longer get a free Psalm with their meal.

On Wednesday, the airline announced it is ending its more than 30-year tradition of including printed cards with short Bible verses during meal service.

“I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name O most high,” was written on one card, over an image of foggy blue mountains. Another card featured these words over a beach at sunset: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.”

The cards have been distributed on trays with Alaska Airlines meals since the 1970s, according to airline spokeswoman Bobbie Egan. Since 2006, only passengers in First Class on longer Alaska Airlines flights have been served meals, so only a small percent of passengers received a card."
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
When flying LHR-BOS a few weeks ago, I found a wonderful handwritten thank you card on my seat from the LHR red coat. I thought it was a very nice gesture.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:24 pm

had it once on DTW-MHT a couple weeks ago. nothing since.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:55 pm

Left something interesting on my seat in First that day

I left my QC20i's in 1A on the noon MDT - DTW on the 24th. I'm sitting here perusing the site this evening when I see the heading here. I think, just for giggles, could someone have found my headset? I see the date matches my flight. Start looking at the text and see MDT - DTW. Wow. It could be. And then the pic. Nope, just a card. The card is awesome, don't get me wrong. But I really have no hope of seeing my headset again and that was a cool feeling for about three quarters of a second there.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:29 am
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
I have received the personalized thank you notes several times when flying from MLI. Of course there aren't many FC seats on the CRJ900s, but it's nice to see them address me by name and sign them.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
AS got rid of those quite a long time back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.