Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Advice: Econ Aisle or Comfort+ middle seat

Old Apr 27, 15, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold

I have an upcoming flight on an A320 and am torn between aisle seat 8C in regular Econ or middle seat in the first row of Comfort+.

What say ye, weary road warriors?

c|d
Old Apr 27, 15, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
I'd choose an aisle in row 30 over a middle in row 4.
Old Apr 27, 15, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN View Post
I'd choose an aisle in row 30 over a middle in row 4.
+1, unless you are a very thin person with very long legs
Old Apr 27, 15, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by cardood View Post
I have an upcoming flight on an A320 and am torn between aisle seat 8C in regular Econ or middle seat in the first row of Comfort+.

c|d
I always go for the aisle, to the point where I chose an aisle over a middle C+ seat on my flight to TLV last month.
Old Apr 27, 15, 9:08 am

Programs: DL GM
Remember that C+ only gets you extra legroom and better drinks and snacks. Seat width (and thus proximity to your neighbors) is the same as regular coach. Regardless of regular coach or C+ my coach-class seat preference is always like this:
1st choice: Aisle
2nd choice: Window
3rd choice: Book a different flight if duration is longer than an hour.

I'm 6'2" tall with fairly broad shoulders. There's no way I can sit in a middle seat without rubbing shoulders with my seatmates on either side. If one of them is another guy like me we're extra tight. With POS I get the full lateral body experience.

I'm GM now and was PM for 7 years before that, all domestic flights. So far I've managed to avoid the dreaded middle seat, except for the short 45 minute flight between DL hub and my regional airport.

It's hard to make a suggestion for the OP though, since he/she seems open to sitting in a middle seat. I'd need more info first, like flight duration and body size. Big guys like me love to see petite or "compact" people in the middle seats.
Old Apr 27, 15, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWGuy View Post

It's hard to make a suggestion for the OP though, since he/she seems open to sitting in a middle seat. I'd need more info first, like flight duration and body size. Big guys like me love to see petite or "compact" people in the middle seats.
4B and 4E on A320 have lots of legroom as they are right behind First (I'm 5'9"/165lbs so not a huge deal for me). I like that Comfort+ have free drinks and snacks now so thats a plus. I'm inclined to go for the regular Econ seat w/aisle. Flight is DTW-SLC so ~4 hours.

c|d
Old Apr 27, 15, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
4B and 4E on A320 have lots of legroom as they are right behind First (I'm 5'9"/165lbs so not a huge deal for me). I like that Comfort+ have free drinks and snacks now so thats a plus. I'm inclined to go for the regular Econ seat w/aisle. Flight is DTW-SLC so ~4 hours.

c|d
I would still stick with aisle, unless you want the drinks and snacks.
Stuck in the middle for 4 hours is way too long. Can get worse if you are between POS.
Old Apr 27, 15, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP

c|d
Keep in mind, the arm rests are immovable.
Old Apr 27, 15, 10:28 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

c|d
I'd pick the aisle seat for now, and keep an eye on the seat map daily, in case an aisle or a window open up on C+
Old Apr 27, 15, 10:53 am

Only big reason for taking the C+ center seat would be a close connection on a subsequent flight.
Old Apr 27, 15, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fliesdelta View Post
I'd pick the aisle seat for now, and keep an eye on the seat map daily, in case an aisle or a window open up on C+
My flight is later today and I kept checking and a Comfort+ aisle seat popped open. Great advice! I also have a tight turn connection so I should be able to deplane quickly.

Thanks all for your advice.

c|d

Search this Thread
Search Engine: