Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Found something interesting on my seat in First today..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.

This morning while flying from MDT to DTW I found the usual water bottle, pillow, and blanket. The interesting thing was that it also had two chocolates and this nice card from delta on the seat. This is the first time I have seen this. Is today customer appreciation day? It was on all of the F seats.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:25 am

It's little things like that, which cost a few cents for the airline, that make you feel nice.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Nice touch!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:26 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
The F cabin had a card leaving DSM yesterday. Also a Take 5 bar. Really nice touch!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Nothing special MCO-JFK this morning (MD-88). Normal pillow, blanket and water bottle.

Great service during the flight though.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by TTT
The F cabin had a card leaving DSM yesterday. Also a Take 5 bar. Really nice touch!
A few weeks ago when I flew out of DSM they had boxes of tic tacs in the seats and a card. Perhaps the stations will start an arms race of who can provide the best gift.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: DL
I once got a birthday card from CHA
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by TTT
This started in DSM during the holidays, with a personalized notes addressed by name along with a Snickers (others got M&Ms). Most other times just a hand-written note with treats, often including the names of the gate agents working the flight. Yesterday for first time DTW-MSP also had hand-written note on the seat.

Of note, noticed a big sign yesterday in the baggage area:
"Des Moines Delta Airlines
2014 Station of the Year
"

Personally, they are amongst the best !
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta PM
I've received these flying out of PWM a couple times. Nice touch. Here's a photo I posted to twitter at the time: https://twitter.com/JTBisson/status/558645888906584064
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:08 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HDQDD
A few weeks ago when I flew out of DSM they had boxes of tic tacs in the seats and a card. Perhaps the stations will start an arms race of who can provide the best gift.
I hope so - it's a nice touch!

Originally Posted by dorisrpas
Of note, noticed a big sign yesterday in the baggage area:
"Des Moines Delta Airlines
2014 Station of the Year
"

Personally, they are amongst the best !
I noticed that too. There is a Red Coat (gentleman in his mid 50's) who is excellent! Do you know if it is DGS or mainline for above-wing?

I was a little concerned yesterday when the GA re-opened the cabin door while it was armed. Fortunately, the FA caught it before the slide blew but said the handle moved about 1/4 inch until the FA slammed it back down.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
COOL!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

They must be about to drop another enhancement.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
I hope so - it's a nice touch!

I noticed that too. There is a Red Coat (gentleman in his mid 50's) who is excellent! Do you know if it is DGS or mainline for above-wing?
I think it is DGS, except for the Red Coats who are mainline, I believe.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:14 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
I think it is DGS, except for the Red Coats who are mainline, I believe.
Even RedCoats are DGS. So if Above Wing is DGS then the entire frontline staff is. The only difference is that DGS RedCoats are not allowed to touch other airlines products where a regular DGS agent can work all airlines.

As for the little extras those are provided by each station ROA currently has Lindt truffles at each seat when they are available and a note of thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by cwe84
Even RedCoats are DGS. So if Above Wing is DGS then the entire frontline staff is. The only difference is that DGS RedCoats are not allowed to touch other airlines products where a regular DGS agent can work all airlines.

As for the little extras those are provided by each station ROA currently has Lindt truffles at each seat when they are available and a note of thanks.
Thanks for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.