Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Tags - Boobish or not?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
I use them. Makes my bag easier to identify and hell, when you make Silver Medallion you don't get very much so I like taking advantage of one of the perks of earning it.
You should attach it to a bag that you carry with you all the time. I attached it to my notebook case when I was a silver medallion, and it caused everyone to treat me with the same respect with which Delta treats silver medallions!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by DiverDave
J.B., are you serious - I never imagined you doing this sort of stuff.

David
Well - what a random meet-up! There's only one DiverDave I know from Huntsville... Funny to find you here, as I always think of you under the water rather than up in the sky.. (or in some airport somewhere..)

Just please don't attach your Diamond Medallion tags to your manifold, please!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:10 am

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by 5khours
I wouldn't take a job that required me to wear a badge around my neck. (Seriously)
That is one of the stranger things I've heard when considering whether or not to take a job.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
The KM tag provides me with more satisfaction than any DM 10billion miler tag would. I love the DYKWIA text on the back. FA's, watch out here I come!
+1 on that. I only attach my KM tag when I travel.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Boobish? No way, it is a total fashion /status statement. Like a Coach tag on a purse.......

The more tags the better. Except for the distinct clink of the DM tags. Yes, DM's, we know you are around when we hear it. I'll keep my plastic!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Million Miler
I have a fashionable Northwest Airlines 2005 Gold Elite tag on my carry-on (though I'm Delta Plat). I used to doff an old NWA Silver Elite tag on my bag just to consternate people who didn't get an upgrade.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SpinzCity
I have a fashionable Northwest Airlines 2005 Gold Elite tag on my carry-on (though I'm Delta Plat). I used to doff an old NWA Silver Elite tag on my bag just to consternate people who didn't get an upgrade.
I still have some 2007 NWA Gold Elite tags. They have my full name on them which I find helpful. I use those and 2011 CO Silver Elite tags on my luggage. Plus, who doesn't love nostalgia?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
It was confirmed to me by DL Customer Relations that skycheck bags (CRJ etc) that have GM/PM/DM bag tags showing are supposed to be prioritised to be brought up to gate. I would say YMMV on this, but for what it's worth...

Combined with assistance by GA's/FA's on full flights for "finding a spot" in a closet or in F class, I think there are some solid arguments for using the tags.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I like the tags so much my GM tag hasn't arrived yet so I'm still rocking the luxury FO tags for my flight Thursday.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamuelS
It was confirmed to me by DL Customer Relations that skycheck bags (CRJ etc) that have GM/PM/DM bag tags showing are supposed to be prioritised to be brought up to gate. I would say YMMV on this, but for what it's worth...
Definitely a YMMV thing. Even with my DM tag, my checked bag is among the first to go on RJ's and typically among the last to come off.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by SamuelS

Combined with assistance by GA's/FA's on full flights for "finding a spot" in a closet or in F class, I think there are some solid arguments for using the tags.
I usually take my tags off when I gate check, as several times the bag has come back with either a missing or severely bent tag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.