Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Green card holders returning to the US can't check in on Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green card holders returning to the US can't check in on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:15 pm

This is a major PITA. No problem on UA, US or AA when checking in from a foreign land...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: A few airlines and hotels
Green card and DL( It also happens on Air France)

My read of this situation is this : I know of green card holders (travelling on AF) that have had to go to a supervisor (AF's) at CDG to get boarding passes and told by the supervisor that it is a problem in their system ( That is DL managing their website in the US) . The same passenger doing the same route another time had no problem at all . The Air France and KLM websites in the US are managed by Delta . When you are making a reservation at Air France in the US you will see space for green cards and passports information and sometimes the website will not take the information ( inclusive of US citizens ) so the passenger has to call Air France/Delta/KLM to tell the information to an agent over the phone ( !) . That is no guarantee that things will work at check in even when leaving the US ...

Check on the forum Delta.com bug reporting here in flyertalk and you can read plenty of testimonials about Delta having quite a few bugs ( inclusive of the one in this thread) and not being solved at this time . Awful!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
Good news! Tried OLCI without a return date and received the usual message about not being able to check in. Then tried it again specifying a return date just over 2 months out and it worked.

This was flying from Canada home to the US on a Canadian passport (and on a 1-way ticket).
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:29 am

Still facing the same problem trying to return from Brazil with a green card.
First time I face this with any airline.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:20 pm

Any update on this? Is this still the case?
Old May 15, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
If you check in online on delta.com (not the app or the mobile site), there is a place to enter the green card info. They have added this capability sometime in the last year if not longer.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Works 50% of the time for visa holders.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
If you check in online on delta.com (not the app or the mobile site), there is a place to enter the green card info. They have added this capability sometime in the last year if not longer.
That's news to me! As a green card holder, there isn't even a way to save it to my profile on DL.com! I shall be interested to see this tonight when I check-in for my flight to YYZ!
Old May 16, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
As I thought, I cannot check-in on DL.com, as there ISN'T a place to enter the Green Card info, despite what "Roberto.Triviani" reports above! I didn't think that anything had changed, as I travel internationally once a month, and always have to have my passport verified at SFO!
altabello likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:48 pm

Never works for me . Really quite annoying
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM
Reviving this thread... can any green card holder comment definitively on whether they've been able to OLCI from outside the US? I keep hearing mixed things about whether this is actually possible or not.

And if this does exist - could someone post a screenshot of where you actually enter the green card info on the website or mobile app?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: DL
On a ticket booked through Delta, with the TATL on Delta, but the connection on KLM, the return trip started with the KLM flight. Went to Delta's website to OLCI, not expecting it would be possible b/c of the Green Card issue. But Delta's website send me to KLM for the checkin, I could OLCI there and enter my #, no problem. I wish Delta would finally provide this field (and that the verified passport would 'stick' between trips).
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
No screenshot, sorry, but my wife is a green card holder. She has the info in her Delta profile, and uses OLCI without issue, including just last week. As with passport info, the fields already have the info completed, and she just clicks OK. Not a lot of benefit though, as she still has to stop at the counter to show the passport & green card to get "DOCS OK".
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by alexthe5th
Reviving this thread... can any green card holder comment definitively on whether they've been able to OLCI from outside the US? I keep hearing mixed things about whether this is actually possible or not.

And if this does exist - could someone post a screenshot of where you actually enter the green card info on the website or mobile app?
All of my info is in my profile, still can't do OLCI. Two trips to Canada this year and both times I had to check in at the desk.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Well knock me down with a feather! Flight from LAX-SYD today, got the "time to check in" notification and went through the process knowing what would happen and bingo, it let me in! I was still skeptical but arrived at the airport and no issues arose. Nothing has changed since my Canadian flights so have nothing to suggest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.