Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta flight experience story...with a plot twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta flight experience story...with a plot twist

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Sorry, no conspiracy at work here. It isn't my blog. I simply shared an article I found interesting.
Nevertheless, I'm sure HuffPo appreciates the boost in click-thrus.

This story reminds me of one I heard from a former Red Coat: A TV weather guy was trying to get to the Caribbean to cover an approaching hurricane but DL cancelled his flight out of ATL (and all thereafter ahead of the storm). Weather guy goes off on said Red Coat, cursing up a storm saying he HAS to get there, how dare they cancel! 'Well sir, as you know, there's a hurricane approaching.' Weather guy stormed off in a huff. Next day the weather guy went back to the airport & tracked down the Red Coat to apologize in person. ^

Weather guy has long since retired, this happened 14-15 years ago...lest we launch any conspiracy theories trying to figure out if it was someone currently on the air.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Wow, it really is a tough crowd around here. I enjoyed the spirit of the article without focusing on dissecting the minute details.

How do you people ever watch a TV show or film? Do you rip apart every little thing?

I've made "impossible" connections numerous times before. Especially in times of weather-related delays, connecting flights are often also delayed. I would never just give up but always make the effort to run to the connecting gate (unless I had really verified onboard using wifi that the plane was long gone before my arrival).

One great thing about Delta is the availability of good telephone agents, self-rebooking via kiosk or internet, @DeltaAssist, etc.

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Author needs some lessons in anger management and patience.

With a two minute connection, the door on the connecting flight was closed before the door on the arriving flight was opened. Hermes could not have made that connection.

IMO story does not reflect well on the author, who did at least finally (3 hours later) apologize. But it does reinforce that Delta has some great people. ^

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.