Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyclub refusing rebooking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 3:25 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Skyclub refusing rebooking?

Today at LAX the LAX-NRT flight cancelled and all hell broke loose. The skyclub line was going down the stairs. When I finally made it into the room, they refused to help me be rebooked, and told me to exit security and go to ticketing. There the sky priority line was not moving. I waited in line and on hold for the PM line at the same time, to find out I should just cancel my trip.

Overall, a hellish day for travel... Just not expecting refusal to help in the skyclub... anyone experience this before?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL GM
There was a thread several days ago discussing this issue. It devolved into name-calling and was eventually locked.

I don't want to post a link to a locked thread - but suffice it to say that folks in that thread were reporting the same issue - SC now refusing to provide any help with service recovery.

I haven't been a SC member for a few years now, and with this change certainly see no reason to become a member in the future.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:00 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that thread simply about a guy fishing for meal vouchers ..?

I don't think there was anything in it about sky club agents refusing to rebook.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:02 pm

Wow that is unacceptable, I would write into Delta about their refusal to help you. If you are a SkyClub member or have access part of that includes flight assistance during IROPS.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Asking for help the guy gave me a blank stare and said look at this line... does it look like i can rebook you and check all these people in? The ironic thing is almost everyone was in line from the Narita flight and needed rebooked... They should have split the line. One for regular check in, and one for everyone else.

Don't even get me started on the sky priority line that was ridiculous and not moving. I am never one to rant much, but 2 agents is not enough after a major flight cancels in the sky priority area, outside in ticketing.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by phenobarbital
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that thread simply about a guy fishing for meal vouchers ..?

I don't think there was anything in it about sky club agents refusing to rebook.
Maybe I was wrong - reading the thread at the time it was active I thought the OP there and some others were saying that SC agents wouldn't do anything for rebooking anymore, not just refuse to issue vouchers.

Maybe the LAX SC agent that did refuse to rebook was having a bad day?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisj85
Maybe I was wrong - reading the thread at the time it was active I thought the OP there and some others were saying that SC agents wouldn't do anything for rebooking anymore, not just refuse to issue vouchers.

Maybe the LAX SC agent that did refuse to rebook was having a bad day?
I would guess... when a 747 cancels its never a good day. In my situation I was rebooked on CX, but because I was never able to talk to an agent in time, They were unable to reissue my ticket in time, and I missed the only flight that wasn't booked. I ended up cancelling and getting a refund for a trip in vain.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phenobarbital

Different thread. There was some kind of rumor about this happening in the future (if I remember right) and it got locked until there was clearer information about it, or until it actually happened. OP should PM the mods with the story; this will bring back the original thread and it will be one of the hottest threads.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Overall, a hellish day for travel... Just not expecting refusal to help in the skyclub... anyone experience this before?
Just curious, are you a SC member?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:56 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
IIRC, the LAX club is one of the few larger clubs without a separate check-in desk. Many of the other clubs have a "service desk" and a "check-in" desk which seems to work well during IROPs.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Same experience at LAX a week ago when there was thick fog slowing/cancelling both inbound and outbound flights. Line down the stairs for the SC. No help from the agents even after waiting. It was pretty poor all around, so I just hung out at Rock'n'brews and did some work on my laptop until one of the shuttle flights miraculously didn't cancel. I think I was booked on the 7AM and got out on the 2PM. Usually love SC staff systemwide but this wasn't my first experience being disappointed in LAX.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Saw a long line at the check in desk two weeks ago at ATL... People asking for rebooking assistance at the check in desk. I just kept going and didn't even bother checking in.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Just curious, are you a SC member?
Yes I have a full paid membership. Not a CC visitor if that's what you were implying.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Last month during bad WX IROPs, I waited standing in line for forty-five minutes, with two people in front of me in line and three agents, just to enter a SC. People behind me were giving up in disgust or forced to go to their gates without a chance to enjoy their SC benefits (which they paid for in some cases or in other cases by having purchased a TATL BE fare). It looked poor that one agent couldn't interrupt or stop the hopeless attempts to rebook the same three people the whole time I was waiting so that credentials of others could be checked and many desperate passengers could enter an empty SC. It seemed to me that priorities were wrong here. With three agents, have one checking creedentials, answering simple questions, etc. and let the two others focus on trying in vain to rebook people.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Last month during bad WX IROPs, I waited standing in line for forty-five minutes, with two people in front of me in line and three agents, just to enter a SC. People behind me were giving up in disgust or forced to go to their gates without a chance to enjoy their SC benefits (which they paid for in some cases or in other cases by having purchased a TATL BE fare). It looked poor that one agent couldn't interrupt or stop the hopeless attempts to rebook the same three people the whole time I was waiting so that credentials of others could be checked and many desperate passengers could enter an empty SC. It seemed to me that priorities were wrong here. With three agents, have one checking creedentials, answering simple questions, etc. and let the two others focus on trying in vain to rebook people.
Maybe DL has chosen to avoid the inevitable "two SC agents just sat around and didn't help me" thread on Flyertalk by punting all rebookings to other places?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.