Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This week's weather waiver!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there any risk that DL can recall him from his vacation if he's needed for the mess in ATL?
No. His boss asked him on Friday if he could come in on Tuesday, which is typically an off day, then he reminded the boss he's on vacation. There are others who can handle it. He's in another state but if he was taking the week off at home he likely would have offered to go in to help out...as he & some colleagues did on their off days during that last big snowstorm in Atlanta in 2011. That was primarily because the roads were so bad for a couple of days that they couldn't get home & others couldn't get to the airport.

Here's a pic he sent from 2011, doesn't sound like tomorrow will be anything close to this bad:
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Glad to not be flying this week. Stay safe everyone who is.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold
I have the bad luck of flying to BOS via ATL tonight and in the morning.

Not seeing alot of options to go via SLC, MSP or DTW
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by InsUW2
I have the bad luck of flying to BOS via ATL tonight and in the morning.

Not seeing alot of options to go via SLC, MSP or DTW
From where?

Edit: If it's SAN, you could leave SAN at 3 p.m. and overnight in MSP, and take DL 808 in the a.m. Both flights are showing 9s across the board in Y.

Last edited by jrkmsp; Jan 27, 2014 at 3:14 pm Reason: Guessing origination
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
From where?

Edit: If it's SAN, you could leave SAN at 3 p.m. and overnight in MSP, and take DL 808 in the a.m. Both flights are showing 9s across the board in Y.
Its 2:16 in SAN.

I get to do this toimorrow - MSP as the transit. Yee hah.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM/ Hilton Diamond
I'm flying CHO-LGA-DFW tomorrow... I hope I can make it! I'm flying out at 6AM and am due in DFW @12:37PM, so hopefully I can beat this stuff. Hopefully...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:19 pm

From where?

I am scheduled 6.30 to LAX and then overnite to ATL. so I can go from SAN or LAX
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Its 2:16 in SAN.

I get to do this toimorrow - MSP as the transit. Yee hah.
It will be cold, including in the the jetway. Enjoy!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by InsUW2
I am scheduled 6.30 to LAX and then overnite to ATL. so I can go from SAN or LAX
There's a red-eye through CVG from LAX that looks to have availability on both legs. Otherwise, you could hop up to SEA and take the 12:30 to MSP. But that sounds like hell, if you ask me.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I am flying thru ATL, connecting to a CRJ-700 that is scheduled to depart just about the time the snow is scheduled to begin.

No workable alternatives.

Wouldn't be worried if it weren't a first-to-be-sacrificed CRJ flight.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Been cancelled twice already for DFW-ATL-BTR for tomorrow. Just decided to stay another day in DFW and fly out Wednesday morning.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:25 pm

There's a red-eye through CVG from LAX that looks to have availability on both legs. Otherwise, you could hop up to SEA and take the 12:30 to MSP. But that sounds like hell, if you ask me.
Was looking at that one via CVG and the SEA looks like the connections are too short in LAX
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM HH Gold Marriott Gold IHG Spire
Originally Posted by wrp96
Plane probably overnights at SAT and they don't want it unable to get out of SAT in the morning - the nasty weather there is predicted to start middle of the night tonight.
So they're messing with those of us trying to get to San Antonio tonight and those in San Antonio trying to leave tomorrow. Temperature now shows 41 when I would have arrived around 10:30. And up to 37 by 11:00 a.m. tomorrow.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
So they're messing with those of us trying to get to San Antonio tonight and those in San Antonio trying to leave tomorrow. Temperature now shows 41 when I would have arrived around 10:30. And up to 37 by 11:00 a.m. tomorrow.
That plane leaves before 11am. Likely around 5:45-7:45am and would not get out. They can't have that plane stuck there because then the remainder of its flights on Tuesday will be delayed. Better off canceling 2 flights than delaying 7-8.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It will be cold, including in the the jetway. Enjoy!
Funny, flying out of ATL last Saturday the GA announced that it was cold in the jetway & people might want to put their coats back on. I laughed it off, really, can it be that cold? A dead-heading FA was ahead of me & was scrambling to pull her coat out of her bag, I had my coat over my arm & put it on...IIRC the outside temp was in the 20s, can't imagine a jetway in sub-zero conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.