Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This week's weather waiver!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
NAS systems is reserved for those delays or cancellations due to Ground Delays, Stops, airport closures or equipment malfunction (including radar outages, navaid failures, etc). They cannot code a NAS delay to freezing rain/snow as it's an "act of god" and not the act of the FAA or an airline for that matter.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Or. Or. The FAA is the reason why this snow/ice system happened.

I love conspiracies.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:36 pm

------

Last edited by ROCAT; Mar 29, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by bubbashow

If some would stop trying to be Sherlock Holmes and break news about "lying" and other inflammatory crappery, and just THINK, you'd probably get a lot further in their travels, their happiness, and their life.

Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Next weekend looks to be a much bigger WX system dumping snow in ATL.

You have been warned....
I have direct flights to LAS the next 2 weeks. I have no worries.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Traveller
If everyone keeps the agents on the phone for 90 minutes, the wait times are bound to be enormous.
It can easily take 90 minutes to book an award ticket or purchase tickets with confirmed SWU upgrades. With no way to see upgrade inventory for various flights except for calling DL and no way to see availability or book certain partner award flights on line, you must phone and ask an agent to check different possibilities. You must also wait while they figure out how do so some of this stuff.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Woohoo and this pax thought (hoped) his int. leg wouldn't be affected, but from the reminders i got from DAL some international flights are also affected.
Today an 8 hour delay on DL 265 (AMS-MSP) and for my flight tomorrow a 6 hours delay;

Sunday, February 2
Flight Delta 265
Departs 3:10 pm 8:55 pm Amsterdam, Netherlands
Arrives 5:15 pm 11:00 pm Minneapolis - St Paul, Minnesota

Sunday, February 2
Flight Delta 1807
Departs 8:10 pm Minneapolis - St Paul, Minnesota
Arrives 9:21 pm Fargo, North Dakota

Oooh well every disadvantage does have an advantage. Time for the AMS-PDX-MSP-FAR detour and some bonus miles
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Woohoo and this pax thought (hoped) his int. leg wouldn't be affected, but from the reminders i got from DAL some international flights are also affected.
Today an 8 hour delay on DL 265 (AMS-MSP) and for my flight tomorrow a 6 hours delay;

Sunday, February 2
Flight Delta 265
Departs 3:10 pm 8:55 pm Amsterdam, Netherlands
Arrives 5:15 pm 11:00 pm Minneapolis - St Paul, Minnesota

Sunday, February 2
Flight Delta 1807
Departs 8:10 pm Minneapolis - St Paul, Minnesota
Arrives 9:21 pm Fargo, North Dakota

Oooh well every disadvantage does have an advantage. Time for the AMS-PDX-MSP-FAR detour and some bonus miles
WOW, the 11 pm MSP arrival would mean that all connections are gone. I'm almost surprised that CBP is willing to arrange to stay open so late.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It can easily take 90 minutes to book an award ticket or purchase tickets with confirmed SWU upgrades.
Huh? I know DL makes it tough to book an award tic or use SWUs, but 90 minutes?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Huh? I know DL makes it tough to book an award tic or use SWUs, but 90 minutes?
Try partners that require long sells, especially when the agent isn't sure what to do, including what inventory classes need to be used.

Or try just to upgrade a ticket including KLM segments where the agent can see the upgrade inventory for KLM using DL instruments but supervisors need to make phone calls (plural) to KLM to have that upgrade inventory released to DL.

ADDED: These two cases were this year.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:58 pm

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...dvisories.html

DC area up through NYC looks like it will get wacked tomorrow. Kinda annoyed delta took so long to post this. (and also at myself for not checking more often earlier in the day before the last flight left)
Old Feb 2, 2014, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by kreneskyp
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...dvisories.html

DC area up through NYC looks like it will get wacked tomorrow. Kinda annoyed delta took so long to post this. (and also at myself for not checking more often earlier in the day before the last flight left)
They had it up 6+ hours ago (I posted it 6hrs ago).
Old Feb 2, 2014, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points
They had it up 6+ hours ago (I posted it 6hrs ago).
Yeah the waiver was issued about 10am PST. That's too late for most of the eastbound from PDX. There are 3 flight after that around 1pm, and I would have had to been on the road by 11:30 to make those. 90 minutes is not exactly a lot of time.

Keeping my fingers crossed DCA clears up by the time I'm due in (11pm).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.