Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What date will AS and DL announce that their partnership will end?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What date will AS and DL announce that their partnership will end?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:13 pm
Suspended

AA and B6 just cancelled their agreement. Are we gonna start a thread about the impending doom for B6 as well?? If there is room for small and medium-sized airliners in the US, there is room for AS.

Sometimes I wonder if FlyerTalk is not infested by neurotics and hypochondriacs...
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
AA and B6 just cancelled their agreement. Are we gonna start a thread about the impending doom for B6 as well?? If there is room for small and medium-sized airliners in the US, there is room for AS.

Sometimes I wonder if FlyerTalk is not infested by neurotics and hypochondriacs...
A) What doom are you referring to?

Do you think a DL / AS breakup would lead to 'doom', I assume for AS? I don't. But I guess I am neither a neurotic nor a hypochondriac.

B) Why would somebody start a JetBlue / AA thread here in the DL forum?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
"Celebrate Our New Alaska Flights With Savings"

Delta email: "Celebrate Our New Alaska Flights With Savings"

SAY HELLO TO AN ALASKAN ADVENTURE.

Land in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Book a flight to Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau by March 26, 2014, and travel by August 31, 2014 to enjoy Economy Class fares starting at $199* each way (based on a required round-trip purchase) when you fly through Seattle or Salt Lake City. Visit delta.com today and save.

Looks like Delta is going full bore on the Alaskan Airlines market out of Seattle and SLC.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by dieuwer2

It's called being a realist. Perhaps the natural result of ogolopolistic competition is a few large suppliers.

We've already lost an excellent small airline (Midwest airlines) thanks in no small part to involvement by Northwest in its run-up to Delta. Turns out the NW investment was the kiss of death.

Is Flyertalk in fact infested by ostriches that stick their heads in the sand and ignore what's going on in the industry with consolidation?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Alaska tried to have it both ways. Now they get to deal with a lion.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by mridley2
Delta email: "Celebrate Our New Alaska Flights With Savings"

SAY HELLO TO AN ALASKAN ADVENTURE.

Land in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Book a flight to Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau by March 26, 2014, and travel by August 31, 2014 to enjoy Economy Class fares starting at $199* each way (based on a required round-trip purchase) when you fly through Seattle or Salt Lake City. Visit delta.com today and save.

Looks like Delta is going full bore on the Alaskan Airlines market out of Seattle and SLC.
I'm happy about this. Been taking the MSP flights to ANC, but the SEA ones will work better.

It will also be nice to fly DL metal to FAI and JNU should I ever travel there. Much better chance of upgrades on DL metal.

This relationship is definitely on the rocks. AS will be fine, though.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:54 am
Original Poster

If new / true, this seems like stronger evidence of a fracturing relationship to me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-one-year.html

T-48 until my originally predicted breakup date. (I've waffled since)
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:50 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
If new / true, this seems like stronger evidence of a fracturing relationship to me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-one-year.html

T-48 until my originally predicted breakup date. (I've waffled since)
Alaska has always had a Status Match for elites, including Delta elites.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Alaska has always had a Status Match for elites, including Delta elites.
So, it's not true / not new...

Less damning.

AS will let you challenge / match over from AA too?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:07 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

Less damning.

Yes.

I matched over from Delta 2 years ago.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

Less damning.

yes. Straight Match has been around for years. I matched over from US 6 years or so ago

A list of carriers eligible from the othe thread:

Originally Posted by socal23
*Please Note-We only offer Tier Match for the following Airline programs-Air Canada, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, Us Airways, and Virgin America
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deadtail
Alaska tried to have it both ways. Now they get to deal with a lion.
Simba?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simba
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Delta pissed away their chance for a TPAC hub at LAX when they dismantled the LAX network after the Western merger. Now they think they can just move into SEA without a fight. Can anyone blame Alaska Airlines for not wanting to cooperate and hand SEA over on a silver platter?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Delta pissed away their chance for a TPAC hub at LAX when they dismantled the LAX network after the Western merger. Now they think they can just move into SEA without a fight. Can anyone blame Alaska Airlines for not wanting to cooperate and hand SEA over on a silver platter?
AS should take DL's order of 787's

*yes this is a dream of mine...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Talk about "pissed" - hand over SEA? DL just announced Austin, Texas , and Boise, Idaho , along with new daily nonstop service to San Salvador , El Salvador from LAX. Delta also has filed for approval to begin daily service between Los Angeles and Monterrey, Mexico.

I bet AS is "pissed" about this news as well. If time serves me well, did DL not have a gateway in PDX that handled Asia flts? I guess I'm to "young at heart" to remember such things. L-1011's, MD-11's and the such. As a youth I remember a flt from Monroe, Louisiana to ATL in 1925. The flt got me, the US mail, as well as a few crop dusting jobs done along the way.

I agree that DL had a advantage with the merger with Western. They blew it with LAX (what remains is SLC). Build back LAX.

AA also could have with the mergers with several carriers since its formation in 1930 (which itself happened by a merger of 80 carriers), these have included Trans Caribbean Airways in 1971, Air California in 1987, Reno Air in 1999, and Trans World Airlines in 2001. And now US Airways.

The short West Coast routes are now dominated by WN or RJ's. Sad but true.

The silver platter is SEA for DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.