Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I wouldn't worry about this too much, it's probably set to only show the next 3 airports with clubs.
Thanks! That makes sense.

Of course, it won't matter if the app is right and I don't have access with my Individual Membership.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:27 am

Unless you bought some weird thing from a guy on a street corner, there are no membership levels I'm aware of that would give you access to clubs in DEN, MSP, and DCA but not ATL.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:30 am

Unless you bought some weird thing from a guy on a street corner, there are no membership levels I'm aware of that would give you access to clubs in DEN, MSP, and DCA but not ATL.
No, the app is showing that I don't have access to any of the clubs - the screenshot in my first post is for the SC in DEN, saying that the Individual membership is not valid for access. Same for MSP and DCA. Not able to check ATL since it's not appearing (yet).
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Maybe DL has been in the ATL clubs, saw the crappy and surly service and decided that not highlighting those clubs improves their Net Promoter Score.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Could it be because ATL is on the return? i.e. It's only showing the cities on the next trip, which is DEN, MSP, and DCA. Trip after that is DCA, ATL, and DEN and then it'll show ATL?
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
It's probably an app (or website back-end) deficiency -- The way the error reads it could be ignoring the drop down and only showing what your ticket rules are. If you go back to DEN on the page, and change the drop down to something other than "individual membership" and return to that selection, maybe it will update.
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:27 pm

yes it's clearly a bug.
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

yes it's clearly a bug.
I just tweeted them about it. Hope their social media team is as good as AA's - that was one of AA's few remaining redeeming features.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Delta Reserve Amex Admittance

I'm just returning to Delta from United and secured a Delta Reserve Amex. Nowhere in the FlyDelta app or on Delta's website does it show that I have SkyClub access because of the credit card. So does one gain access by showing the agent both your boarding pass and the Delta Reserve credit card? Why does this "credential" not appear in MyWallet?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While it would seem to make sense to show in "My Wallet", that's not where it is. Shows in the App on the "Skymiles" tab of the "My Delta" page at the very bottom. Also should show in the "My Skymiles" section of the "My Delta" dashboard webpage at https://www.delta.com/mydelta/dashboard at the bottom. They should just have to scan your BP if it is associated. Lounge locations page is here -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/locations. Select "Delta Reserve Credit Card Member" membership type for locations. Only good at actual DL Sky Clubs (no partners, no third-party lounges, and no joint Skyteam lounges). The only locations outside US with Sky Clubs are NRT and SCL. Although your DL PM status will get you into Skyteam partner and joint Skyteam lounges on international flights (still no third-party lounge access though). The biggest holes in US network with no lounges are probably IAH, IAD, and LAS (and some might include BWI).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 6, 2020 at 2:14 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
While it would seem to make sense to show in "My Wallet", that's not where it is. Shows in the App on the "Skymiles" tab of the "My Delta" page at the very bottom. Also should show in the "My Skymiles" section of the "My Delta" dashboard webpage at https://www.delta.com/mydelta/dashboard at the bottom. They should just have to scan your BP if it is associated. Lounge locations page is here -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/locations. Select "Delta Reserve Credit Card Member" membership type for locations. Only good at actual DL Sky Clubs (no partners, no third-party lounges, and no joint Skyteam lounges). The only locations outside US with Sky Clubs are NRT and SCL. Although your DL PM status will get you into Skyteam partner and joint Skyteam lounges on international flights (still no third-party lounge access though). The biggest holes in US network with no lounges are probably IAH, IAD, and LAS (and some might include BWI).
Thanks for the info. The key to what you said for me is that scanning my boarding pass alone should do the trick, just as I hoped it would. That's how it works on United too. The difference at United is that having their Club credit card gives you an actual membership. On Delta you don't get a membership, just access.

I do see the card mentioned in the MyDelta app section, but it's not scannable, just a photo of it. The Delta page describing admittance requirements only mentions My Wallet as a location for the credential. It is unclear in their presentation which is why I asked here.

As of January 30 the Reserve card will give us Centurion access which I know will help at LAS and perhaps at IAH too.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by nycityny
Thanks for the info. The key to what you said for me is that scanning my boarding pass alone should do the trick, just as I hoped it would. That's how it works on United too. The difference at United is that having their Club credit card gives you an actual membership. On Delta you don't get a membership, just access.

I do see the card mentioned in the MyDelta app section, but it's not scannable, just a photo of it. The Delta page describing admittance requirements only mentions My Wallet as a location for the credential. It is unclear in their presentation which is why I asked here.

As of January 30 the Reserve card will give us Centurion access which I know will help at LAS and perhaps at IAH too.
I've had no problems just scanning my BP for SkyClub access (which I also get via Reserve card). However, it's always a good idea to still carry the card with you in case there's a hiccup in the system. Especially with Centurion Lounges as nobody quite knows yet how well the systems have been integrated.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nycityny
The difference at United is that having their Club credit card gives you an actual membership. On Delta you don't get a membership, just access.
At this point, there's pretty much no difference between a Sky Club individual membership and Sky Club access since Sky Club members can no longer access partner lounges. I forgot about the coming Centurion lounge access for Reserve cardholders.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
At this point, there's pretty much no difference between a Sky Club individual membership and Sky Club access since Sky Club members can no longer access partner lounges. I forgot about the coming Centurion lounge access for Reserve cardholders.
I think the only difference at this point is the diamond choice benefit for "credit card guest access" vs. the benefit for uplift of standard membership to executive. And even then the only difference is that with credit card guest access you get two guests, with executive you get two guests *or* your entire immediate family.

Though in practice I've had agents let my wife plus two kids in with no additional guest fee using the credit card guest access benefit.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:36 pm

MIL was denied at LAX today flying SLC-LAX(DL)-MEX(AM) in J. She should have had access, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.